CFB Restart In Danger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless or until someone does die - and a lawsuit comes about from it. Then you'll see how quickly places like colleges halt everything.

Money may have the power to start things but also has the power to stop things.
Agree, but I'm pretty certain any entity that has people it is responsible for is anticipating future COVID claims and preparing for that eventuality. I know my clients are.

Advertisement
They need to postpone it. It's only getting worse.
Not to sound insensitive but this isn’t going away and probably never will so we can completely end sports forever or try and work around this. I still have to work and I take as many precautions as possible, but we may never get a vaccine, if we do no idea if it will work. So instead of canceling, figure it out, they need to do some research on how bad cases are etc.

SC’s Governor just sent out a notice that he will ban CFB from starting in SC if the
COVID-19 doesn’t improve.

This is the first time I’ve seen a government official threaten to suspend the sport, on record, due to the virus.
Memo to SC's Governor: You band college football in your miserable state, and you can bend over and kiss your political career goodbye. You will bee f***ing impeached. You will dew what Dabo's tells you two due.

They can't delay 30-45 days because schools are already closed for the the holidays. Mass quarantines will shutdown FB not death rates of the youth. Idk why people can't wrap their head around that.
They are still doing online classes. Not sure why schools closing for the Holidays means we can't delay a season?

Advertisement
Unless or until someone does die - and a lawsuit comes about from it. Then you'll see how quickly places like colleges halt everything.

They probably will just get player's to sign waivers

They probably will just get player's to sign waivers

They might have to - this is uncharted territory and i have seen talks of lawsuits against people who are testing positive and purposely going out and putting others at risk.

Not to sound insensitive but this isn’t going away and probably never will so we can completely end sports forever or try and work around this. I still have to work and I take as many precautions as possible, but we may never get a vaccine, if we do no idea if it will work. So instead of canceling, figure it out, they need to do some research on how bad cases are etc.
I hear ya. I think people would feel a lot safer with a vaccine. Thanks China for ******* up college football. That's an act of war if you ask me.

Advertisement
Unfortunately politics will play a roll.
Possibly ruining our parade. Ultimately we must live knowing Covid 19 will be around for awhile.

Advertisement
There is probably a 0% chance of doing that... The doomsday option is a Spring season with only conference games
There will be alot of false starts. Football needs a long lead time to get players ready, add in the whole thing with schools and govt. shutdowns its gonna be difficult. Also this thing took off last spring. College football will need all states and 100+ schools all on same page.

Hope they find some way to pull it off but the narrative is not good, god forbid a player passes with positive test. Uproar is gonna be insane

Advertisement

Much more likely a college football player will die from head/neck trauma, heat stroke/hyperthermia, or a hidden coronary condition leading for example to ventricular fibrillation and sudden death (due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy or a myriad of other causes).

The odds, based on current hard data and statistics, are indisputable.

Numerous college football deaths have not halted everything in the past.

But not to worry, with the type of care and oversight these athletes are going to get, and the fact of their tiptop physical conditioning, the odds are extremely low, much lower than the conditions I mentioned above.

No one knows for sure what the future holds, and maybe the season isn’t played, but it certainly won’t be because of danger to the student athletes.

Meanwhile at the University of Alabama:

Rollllll Tide.
tenor-44.gif

Also, last night USC sent a communication to students and parents essentially saying fall courses will be on-line. Students are encouraged to stay home or in housing close to campus. There will be very limited on campus houseing available and priority is going to athletes. They have halted all athletes who live outside of commuting distance from returning to campus for the voluntary workouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back