CFB Restart In Danger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Some schools and towns can't afford to cancel the season. The doomsday option is a shortened spring season. I personally think it will be delayed 30-45 Days. Colleges aren't going to cancel a season due to a virus that's only fatal to people with underlining health issues and the elderly, there has been zero deaths among student athletes and from everything I've read the vast majority of the football players who have Covid are only showing light symptoms or at worst flu like sickness. None of them is in critical care

I think it's always been in danger.

Would be surprised if there are any team sports anytime soon.

Or not so soon.

Some schools and towns can't afford to cancel the season. The doomsday option is a shortened spring season. I personally think it will be delayed 30-45 Days. Colleges aren't going to cancel a season due to a virus that's only fatal to people with underlining health issues and the elderly, there has been zero deaths among student athletes and from everything I've read the vast majority of the football players who have Covid are only showing light symptoms or at worst flu like sickness. None of them is in critical care

They can't delay 30-45 days because schools are already closed for the the holidays. Mass quarantines will shutdown FB not death rates of the youth. Idk why people can't wrap their head around that.

There is probably a 0% chance of doing that... The doomsday option is a Spring season with only conference games

Correct. They can’t go a year without the football money. Athletic programs would absolutely fold. Some already are shutting down other sports now. They need the football money.

Advertisement
Starting to think that the first sport to resume action might be college football, in fall 2021.

Correct. They can’t go a year without the football money. Athletic programs would absolutely fold. Some already are shutting down other sports now. They need the football money.
If the season is cancelled, college sports will be much, much smaller when it returns.

Advertisement

Unless or until someone does die - and a lawsuit comes about from it. Then you'll see how quickly places like colleges halt everything.

Money may have the power to start things but also has the power to stop things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back