2024 Cedrick "CJ" Bailey 3* QB from Chaminade

Advertisement
Lies No GIF

I love the fact that some of our fans fall for the old "banana in the tailpipe" EVERY SINGLE TIME.

We've got hundreds of prior examples of a kid tweeting one thing, and then doing the opposite, but our fans believe Cedric Bailey is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT telling the truth.

And I have no idea whether he ends up at Miami or NC State. But the notion that a tweet should be taken as the final word on a subject....

Hilarious.

I love the fact that some of our fans fall for the old "banana in the tailpipe" EVERY SINGLE TIME.

We've got hundreds of prior examples of a kid tweeting one thing, and then doing the opposite, but our fans believe Cedric Bailey is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT telling the truth.

And I have no idea whether he ends up at Miami or NC State. But the notion that a tweet should be taken as the final word on a subject....

Hilarious.
Not to mention wasn't there just a quote from him saying the two schools are on his mind alot.

Advertisement

Hilarious.

I guess it depends who is making the tweet

Not just who the QB will be, but who the OC will be. There’s been some speculation that Dawson may not return.

You mean some speculation from among our smart and savvy fan base.

Edit: I was being a little sarcastic with regards to our fans being smart. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Last edited:
I’m getting flashbacks with previous staffs and recruiting. From a staff perspective if you like him then offer/recruit him. don’t offer him for js. I don’t see fsu or Ohio st recruiting Bailey but yet we are always punished.

Advertisement
I’m just hoping that Mario can pull a QB from somewhere.Just saw where the OSU kid that was rumored to be headed here is now headed to Nebraska.Sure hope that means Mario has talked Ward into signing on.
McCord was never coming here. That was just some guy putting up whatever match he thought made sense. I don’t know why people think he was on the radar

I’m getting flashbacks with previous staffs and recruiting. From a staff perspective if you like him then offer/recruit him. don’t offer him for js. I don’t see fsu or Ohio st recruiting Bailey but yet we are always punished.
Alternate theory, they just offered him late because the evaluation changed and they’re offering him. With or without Jeremiah Smith, who already committed to a school without this guy and his rumor to possibly be flipping to another school that won’t have this guy.

McCord was never coming here. That was just some guy putting up whatever match he thought made sense. I don’t know why people think he was on the radar

Every day another good portal QB commits elsewhere..This is not the time for Mario to go into one of his 3 month decision making modes…

Advertisement
Alternate theory, they just offered him late because the evaluation changed and they’re offering him. With or without Jeremiah Smith, who already committed to a school without this guy and his rumor to possibly be flipping to another school that won’t have this guy.
It's been said repeatedly that they wanted him to come and throw for them and he did and then he got an offer same day. If they were recruiting him for JJ they would have offered a long time ago.

It was process of elimination. Go back to the article. Miami/McCord were the last ones mentioned. The author took the schools that need QBs the most, and the QBs in the Portal, and then started doing a match game. We "got" the best remaining QB on his guess list.

Is he significantly better than Judd? Both are projects that will need 2 years before they SHOULD be playing. Wonder why we took a project that is hours away than one that is down the street… oh well.

Advertisement
One of the sites (Rivals or On3) threw **** at the wall putting out an article that he was a candidate for Miami
it was on3. in the video his reason was pretty much “a change of scenery may be what he needs” and that’s pretty much it. a step below “trust me, bro.”

IMO, it’s still between OSU and Miami, as it’s always been. FSU coming into the equation is a sign that he isn’t feeling OSU like he used to and is using FSU as his backup leverage. He wants intrigue and incentives until the end of his recruitment and adding FSU guarantees that. I think he will be Cane eventually, but securing a great portal QB and/or recruit solidifies it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back