2024 Cedrick "CJ" Bailey 3* QB from Chaminade

You’re really afraid of your own shadow arent you?
A lot of our fans need to just whip out the Garnet and Gold pom poms, because they act like FSU is some kind of unbeatable foe. Never seen people this rattled by a program having one top end year, after years of mediocrity. Then again, we have a lot of closet Noles in the fanbase, why, I'll never know.

Advertisement
Lmao tell me ya’ll new to recruiting without telling me, ya’ll tripping over a twitter post. This a south Florida recruit ain’t no loyalty and they love attentIon. Just let it play out
He loves attention by saying that he's locked in to the school he's committed to when people are saying he might flip?

Kid should look at the transfer portal. They have more kids in there than any ACC school. It shows you what that program really is. It's a stepping stone.
Every school is a stepping stone in the Portal era.
If we see a Cam Ward type in the portal in 2025 and CJ is still a potential guy, we will offer the Cam a Nil. That is what the portal has done to college football, free agency!
Until we fix our QB development problems, we are going to be a QB portal school.
Fans are excited about a future with Judd and Emory…Both of those kids should be at a Miami of Ohio developing to become, free agents in the portal. We need 5star high 4star guys in the Qb room.
Nc State has 5 Qbs hanging up on their walls that they have developed into top 4 round Draft picks, in the past 20 years and we have none. Until we FIX that problem in our building the Portal is our friend.

He loves attention by saying that he's locked in to the school he's committed to when people are saying he might flip?
Where does it say he’s locked in? I’m just saying he playing the recruiting game which he should especially since we slow played him, we’ll see signing day

Advertisement

Lies No GIF

Mario is an astute recruiter. If he really wanted Bailey in order to get JS, he would have offered Bailey a long time ago already, but he didn’t. Why didn’t he until now? Evaluation. A longer eval on Bailey was necessary considering that no other P5 school was offering the kid, and Miami already had Judd, a developmental QB. Perhaps Mario wanted to see more game tape of Bailey before pulling the trigger.
WRONG Grasshopper!
Cj was already committed to NC st before Judd was even offered!
Cj had 5 P5 offers before NC st offered.
Mario is a GREAT recruiter but he hasn’t had much of a hit rate with Qbs. The Tyler Shough kid who just went to Louisville was the closest thing to a Hit. He has to improve with his Qb evaluations or have a guy evaluating Qbs. This cycle was a bad cycle cause we got the coordinator in late. Dawson got to Miami and probably didn’t understand CJs throwing motion. Bottom line is if they needed to see more of CJs “game tape” (as you say) before offering him, after seeing Judds “game tape” or anything Judd related we are and will always be in the vicious cycle of Portal Qb and that maybe fine with a stable of rbs, an offensive line expert and a Good defense!

Advertisement
I wouldn’t think so and I never believed that he was making his football life decision based on where Bailey was going. Otherwise, he’d just take Bailey with him wherever he goes.

Regardless, our WR haul this cycle is easily above our stature of recent. No complaints here.
This is where I’m at also. If JJ joined cool, it not that’s okay as well

This is exactly the way I see it. Barring some sort of miraculous come to Jesus moment by Smith, he isn’t coming here nor was he ever coming here. Yes I know that Smith has love for the crib and that he would prefer to stay home and wear that U on his helmet if he was convinced that Miami would be able to develop him and put him in the type of offense necessary to thoroughly showcase his skills. Unfortunately, he is not convinced and I don’t think he will be between now and either signing day IMO. Lastly, I would be an utter fool to think that Mario has no shot to flip him because he does. Hopefully I’m wrong and Mario does it and if he does then Cristobal just adds to his legend as a recruiter extraordinaire. Ironically I actually think that Smith could be developed here and be put in the right offense. However that depends greatly on who the QB is going to be so I expect that issue to be resolved relatively soon.
Spot on analysis

lol at people hi king the number one recruit in many eyes in the Country who made a choice already that didn’t involve his talented but not blue chip hs qb would change his choice because of where his qb pal did or didn’t change his choice to

Zero problem with this offer. Stash him and develop him. We’re going portal anyway and it has to be a stud. If not, we’re effed again and Mario and his man **** can hit the road. No eat that jack wagon gets a fourth year after 3 straight **** seasons.
Good luck stashing players. Just look at what's happening to our qb room now.

Advertisement
I’m not saying he does flip. But don’t believe that locked in stuff. I bet NC st is ****ed because he’s been committed to them for a while and now messing around last minute and they pressured him to put some stuff on social. His recruitment is far from over

J.Smith been saying he locked in while wearing other schools gear 😂.

That quote tells me the they sent him another deposit.

Don’t think it means much as of right now

Advertisement
This is exactly the way I see it. Barring some sort of miraculous come to Jesus moment by Smith, he isn’t coming here nor was he ever coming here. Yes I know that Smith has love for the crib and that he would prefer to stay home and wear that U on his helmet if he was convinced that Miami would be able to develop him and put him in the type of offense necessary to thoroughly showcase his skills. Unfortunately, he is not convinced and I don’t think he will be between now and either signing day IMO. Lastly, I would be an utter fool to think that Mario has no shot to flip him because he does. Hopefully I’m wrong and Mario does it and if he does then Cristobal just adds to his legend as a recruiter extraordinaire. Ironically I actually think that Smith could be developed here and be put in the right offense. However that depends greatly on who the QB is going to be so I expect that issue to be resolved relatively soon.
Not just who the QB will be, but who the OC will be. There’s been some speculation that Dawson may not return.

I’m just hoping that Mario can pull a QB from somewhere.Just saw where the OSU kid that was rumored to be headed here is now headed to Nebraska.Sure hope that means Mario has talked Ward into signing on.

Who are you referring to?

Advertisement
Back