2024 Cedrick "CJ" Bailey 3* QB from Chaminade

Advertisement
KimaBunk.gif

Advertisement
Sounds like JSmith aint coming to UM?
I wouldn’t think so and I never believed that he was making his football life decision based on where Bailey was going. Otherwise, he’d just take Bailey with him wherever he goes.

Regardless, our WR haul this cycle is easily above our stature of recent. No complaints here.

Advertisement
Because we never really wanted him.We offered hoping it would help with Smith and the kid knows it deep inside.
If this is true and Miami felt they needed Bailey to get Smith, why didn't they offer 12 months ago? 6 months ago? So Smith might go to FSU but they don't need Bailey to secure him? It's a bs ploy. It's an out for JS to use. But will be at fsu or osu without Bailey. Makes perfect sense

Advertisement
Come on man… JJ wasn’t making his life decision on where Bailey goes when he could get Bailey to go here or there to begin with.
Yeah I know.. we got a great WR haul regardless.. with JJ it would be an insane haul.

Advertisement
Mario is an astute recruiter. If he really wanted Bailey in order to get JS, he would have offered Bailey a long time ago already, but he didn’t. Why didn’t he until now? Evaluation. A longer eval on Bailey was necessary considering that no other P5 school was offering the kid, and Miami already had Judd, a developmental QB. Perhaps Mario wanted to see more game tape of Bailey before pulling the trigger.

I wouldn’t think so and I never believed that he was making his football life decision based on where Bailey was going. Otherwise, he’d just take Bailey with him wherever he goes.

Regardless, our WR haul this cycle is easily above our stature of recent. No complaints here.
This is exactly the way I see it. Barring some sort of miraculous come to Jesus moment by Smith, he isn’t coming here nor was he ever coming here. Yes I know that Smith has love for the crib and that he would prefer to stay home and wear that U on his helmet if he was convinced that Miami would be able to develop him and put him in the type of offense necessary to thoroughly showcase his skills. Unfortunately, he is not convinced and I don’t think he will be between now and either signing day IMO. Lastly, I would be an utter fool to think that Mario has no shot to flip him because he does. Hopefully I’m wrong and Mario does it and if he does then Cristobal just adds to his legend as a recruiter extraordinaire. Ironically I actually think that Smith could be developed here and be put in the right offense. However that depends greatly on who the QB is going to be so I expect that issue to be resolved relatively soon.

Advertisement
Back