2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

star ***** ... mcclain yes, wayne ... we'll see how he fairs against top comp, samson yes, francis yes, hykeem ... idk ...
my point is it comes down to position and i don't think the issue at um has been running back, but instead playmaking on the edge, difference makers in the trenches, and lockdown talent in the secondary
If @supacane is a star ***** then Mario must sell his body on Flagler for stars. While I agree with you on what positions have been issues for us, a kid like Baxter is a talent that you fight tooth and nail for. Kid is a game changer.

Advertisement
If @supacane is a star ***** then Mario must sell his body on Flagler for stars. While I agree with you on what positions have been issues for us, a kid like Baxter is a talent that you fight tooth and nail for. Kid is a game changer.
henry, parrish, chaney, citizen, franklin are in the boat
johnson is feelin us ... i guarantee there's a back out there we haven't got in on yet or that we're in on that we don't know about ...

i agree you take a back every cycle and i also understand injury ... but running back hasn't been the problem at um ... lastly, NIL and ruiz ... running has not and will not be the issue at um

henry, parrish, chaney, citizen, franklin are in the boat
johnson is feelin us ... i guarantee there's a back out there we haven't got in on yet or that we're in on that we don't know about ...

i agree you take a back every cycle and i also understand injury ... but running back hasn't been the problem at um ... lastly, NIL and ruiz ... running has not and will not be the issue at um
The thing is that I never disagreed with you. It's clear that RB is not and never has a problem for us. That being said you fight for a special talent like Baxter.

Advertisement
Heres what I got fellas, not a lot but its all I got. This kid is very intelligent and not falling for any funny stuff from the coaches recruiting him. When I asked where the kid was heading Florida wasn't even mentioned. He wasn't impressed by Bama or Georgia. I said come on man we all saw the commitment that was leaked . He said the kid is torn and that its a very hard decision for him. From how it sounded its us or Texas but my buddy said he really doesn't know, so take that for what its worth . Again not really a lot there but figured id share what I heard. I pray we land him, I think hes a flat out stud.

Advertisement
On3 article. Title says who we are landing has an impact in his recruitment. Anyone have the cliffnotes?

He didn't take a OV, took one to Texas and then committing. Not falling for that. Schedule a visit homie. We got the cook out the last week in July. Couple weeks before the 10th. Otherwise, troll job.

Advertisement
But he insists Miami isn’t out of it.

Certainly UM keeps pushing as hard as anyone.

“I talk to (Mario) Cristobal every day, talked to the running backs coach yesterday,” Baxter said. “With coach Cristobal it isn’t always about football, it’s just how the day is going, stuff like that. He’s a great dude.

“Coach (Kevin) Smith – he knows my commitment is coming up, he was just like just keep paying attention to the players we’re getting in the next couple of weeks, that I can come in and be an immediate impact.”

Baxter says he is indeed keeping an eye on who the Canes and the other programs on his list are landing.

He’s impressed with what UM has done, and more could come before he makes his announcement.

“It makes a difference because you want to be around great players,” Baxter said, adding that “The coaching staff there is great. They have a lot of coaches who have played at the highest level and excelled at it. And the high school I go to, the offense we run here is like the exact same Miami runs.”

Asked about where Miami stands with him as of now, Baxter begins with “They’re definitely at the top, definitely at the top.”

Of course, that’s with others.

But it shows how he feels about UM’s program.

“In this process it’s something where you have to look into what you like, what your family likes, then from a football aspect just look at how much those coaches develop players, how much they get guys to the league, how much they use you,” Baxter says.

Baxter will be an early graduate and says after he announces “I’ll be shutting down my recruitment, that will be it.”

Advertisement
But he insists Miami isn’t out of it.

Certainly UM keeps pushing as hard as anyone.

“I talk to (Mario) Cristobal every day, talked to the running backs coach yesterday,” Baxter said. “With coach Cristobal it isn’t always about football, it’s just how the day is going, stuff like that. He’s a great dude.

“Coach (Kevin) Smith – he knows my commitment is coming up, he was just like just keep paying attention to the players we’re getting in the next couple of weeks, that I can come in and be an immediate impact.”

Baxter says he is indeed keeping an eye on who the Canes and the other programs on his list are landing.

“It makes a difference because you want to be around great players,” Baxter said, adding that “The coaching staff there is great. They have a lot of coaches who have played at the highest level and excelled at it. And the high school I go to, the offense we run here is like the exact same Miami runs.”

Asked about where Miami stands with him as of now, Baxter begins with “They’re definitely at the top, definitely at the top.”

Of course, that’s with others.

But it shows how he feels about UM’s program.

“In this process it’s something where you have to look into what you like, what your family likes, then from a football aspect just look at how much those coaches develop players, how much they get guys to the league, how much they use you,” Baxter says.

Baxter will be an early graduate and says after he announces “I’ll be shutting down my recruitment, that will be it.”
@1murhurricane ... ???

Advertisement
Back