2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

Advertisement
Baxter has resisted publicly committing in the initial flood of commits after Arch committed. Hopefully, this might be a good sign.
This hasn't aged well. I did edit the post to say publicly committing. Very unclear if he's a silent.

Last edited:
Don’t know how NIL works exactly but I would think we see less decommits in general if they have signed something binding. May be a two edged sword.

Advertisement
bay punting GIF

Says he is choosing the 10th because of his friend who passed away and that was his birthday or something such. I keep saying it, he took 1 OV and set a commitment date. If that was us, we would be mad confident. I doubt we stop recruiting him but he is picking Texas and not sure he flips. He doesn't sound like he going back and forth. He met the girl, bam he married, str8 simp style

Advertisement
Texas needs to personally thank the MSM and the Manning family for what’s transpiring. Because I promise if this dude participated in real events and these recruits actually watched the film they wouldn’t be flocking to a school for Arch 🤣
It's unbelievable how EVERY recruiting service has him as the no.1 player. He shouldn't be the no.1 player on ANY of them, yet he is on all of them.

Advertisement
How many unofficials has he had?

I ‘m not believing anything about this situation until he signs an LOI.

He doesn’t seem like a clout chaser. That’s what has everyone scared. I have watched his interviews. I know kids like this. When they get this type of attention or people saying what they are going to do, they lead you in the wrong direction then BAM complete 180 that gets huge attention.

He seems to be the type who wants to blaze his own trail. An official visit here may not be a big deal for him, especially when he has all season to do it.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he committed to us before taking an official. The smoke for Texas might be real, but there has been so much misdirection that I think it helps us more than hurts us. He was all Bama not too long ago. Now it’s Texas all of a sudden. Don’t jump for the pump fake.

Advertisement
Lol gotta admit, dont think I've ever seen a breaking news report of someone silently committing. Not too silent if its reported lol

I can sort of understand saying that there are rumors of a silent, or that reliable sources say a player has silently committed, but a breaking news story? Wtf

Like would Arch be the #1 recruit and QB if his last name wasn’t Manning? Like is he “that” good or is it the name? I mean obviously he has skill but from what I’ve seen, I don’t see generational talent.
Come on. He’s 10’2” tall, runs the 40 in less than 3 seconds, is unsackable, and can throw the football for miles. He’s a generational talent.

Advertisement
Back