2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

Advertisement
He won’t commit to Miami on 8/10 but he will sign with us. You think the kids recruitment ends when he commits? No chance

Maybe he genuinely changed his mind. If Mario and them got wiff he was gonna announce for Texas they might have given him something to think about. They are gonna recruit him regardless but these public commitments are pressure and some times hard to back off. Also its important to have the visuals of the class start filling out to recruit other players. Best RB in the nation for me. I really want him here.

For what it's worth, there are many examples of kids receiving commitment edits ahead of a press conference only to see them go with another school. I imagine they may even have edits made for all of their "finalists" in some cases

Not saying that's the case with Baxter, just an observation

Arch has absolutely opened the floodgates for UT.
I keep watching his Junior highlights and I don’t see it. He’s running around a lot against little timmys. If that’s his highlights he is NOT the no 1 player in the country. That kid that committed to Clemson film looks way better. This is all about the name.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I keep watching his Junior highlights and I don’t see it. He’s running around a lot against little timmys. If that’s his highlights he is NOT the no 1 player in the country. They kid that committed to Clemson’s film looks way better. This is all about the name.
po little Timmy 😂😂

For what it's worth, there are many examples of kids receiving commitment edits ahead of a press conference only to see them go with another school. I imagine they may even have edits made for all of their "finalists" in some cases

Not saying that's the case with Baxter, just an observation
247 had edits, an article and quotes from Kevin Coleman ready on why he committed to Miami and we saw how that turned out. The edit seems like the easiest thing to work up.

Advertisement
247 had edits, an article and quotes from Kevin Coleman ready on why he committed to Miami and we saw how that turned out. The edit seems like the easiest thing to work up.
Just change the colors and all that. I don't think Miami is letting this one go easily. They fought off Bama and UF, they gonna battle all the till he says yes. Mario is like Ali, the longer it goes the stronger he gets in the ring. Till he signs

Good, can only hurt UT that they did this.

Time for Mario to close the gap. Can't lose an in-state stud RB to Texas when NIL isn't that big of a factor.
NIL is a huge factor in this recruitment according to a major Gator booster.

Fans have the false notion that players sre flipping all over on signing day. I keep saying its a myth. Few players and that's it
Yeah I mean of course you want to win. It’s shows stability and people want to be with winning programs

However a few games here and there isn’t going to matter

The relationships are going to win out and I like our chances

I keep watching his Junior highlights and I don’t see it. He’s running around a lot against little timmys. If that’s his highlights he is NOT the no 1 player in the country. That kid that committed to Clemson film looks way better. This is all about the name.
Just noticed he isnt participating in the Elite 11 and Nico canceled last second as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The edit shows he clearly is considering committing to Texas if he hasn’t already told them that he is...

However, I know for a fact that Hayes Fawcett the guy who does most of the commit edits makes multiple graphics for teams that the recruit is considering. Usually the recruit will tell Hayes which teams he wants him to make a graphic for & then whenever it’s time for him to make his announcement he’ll post it.

I remember Hayes before he became the official graphic designer for recruiting, when he was first starting out we used to communicate in the DM’s & he’s actually shown me graphics for commits that never happened.

This was a 247 graphic & not from Hayes but it’s clear we have an uphill battle in this one & have some ground to make up throughout the season.

Advertisement
missed my point ... not concerned about backs under cristobal after the citizen recruitment ... we'll get somebody quality
I see it--and Citizen is a beast. Losing on Baxter would still suck though. This isn't the NFL where RBs are often marginalized. The difference makers matter in college and this is an arms race. No more Yearby consolation prizes after not being able to get the Dalvin Cook.

I'm confident we will keep plugging away and throw everything at Baxter and at other talented RBs. I'm confident in the big picture and the process. The results can still sometimes frustrate and concern.

missed my point ... not concerned about backs under cristobal after the citizen recruitment ... we'll get somebody quality
I want these guys for symbolism to the other recruits for the class. Thats my main thing at this point and for this class specifically. So they know we serious. The Cormani, Wayne, Samson, Francis etc, even Hykeem

I want these guys for symbolism to the other recruits for the class. Thats my main thing at this point and for this class specifically. So they know we serious. The Cormani, Wayne, Samson, Francis etc, even Hykeem
star ***** ... mcclain yes, wayne ... we'll see how he fairs against top comp, samson yes, francis yes, hykeem ... idk ...
my point is it comes down to position and i don't think the issue at um has been running back, but instead playmaking on the edge, difference makers in the trenches, and lockdown talent in the secondary

Advertisement
Back