2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

This will NOT come down to NIL deals. I think it will really come down to where he likes the teammates and coaches the most. Kid really loves playing with good dudes.

I was just about to say kid has definitely noticed the momentum that UT has on top of already liking them a ton. Hopefully we can really get the ball rolling too before his decision and show him great players are coming here as well.

Advertisement
Now Texas is the pick and there's no close 2nd.
This is what I get for buying into the media hype that UT was inevitable. Wasn't until your post on Friday that I realized there was still a chance here. I said it yesterday and I'll say it again today:

Never underestimate Mario's ability to close.

P.S. From the little we've seen so far, Kevin Smith is a tremendous closer also.

I was just about to say kid has definitely noticed the momentum that UT has on top of already liking them a ton. Hopefully we can really get the ball rolling too before his decision and show him great players are coming here as well.
Baxter has resisted publicly committing in the initial flood of commits after Arch committed. Hopefully, this might be a good sign.

Last edited:
This is why it’s important to get to the ball rolling on our end and not wait til the season starts like so many people have said, and I think Rashada has done just that.

Advertisement
Got the word. This was a between me and you conversation lol. But Baxter is heavy on Texas, but family wants him in Miami. Coach doesn’t think UF and TAMU are much of a threat. In Baxter’s own words “I like what the coaches at UF are doing, but they just gotta a little more to figure it out, but they’ll get there.” Stepped back away from Bama because they told him he’d be a feature back in which he could look to carry the rock 18-25 times a game. Looks like he doesn’t want to do that and wants to split with another good back. So essentially… who can he team up and be a good pair is what it sounds like. Citizen has to look appealing.
Surprised to hear that part about Bama. Seems a little tone deaf to not realize that a recruit this highly rated would rather share the backfield than be a feature workhorse.

It's definitely an uncommon perspective from a RB in highschool but also seems wise.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Surprised to hear that part about Bama. Seems a little tone deaf to not realize that a recruit this highly rated would rather share the backfield than be a feature workhorse.

It's definitely an uncommon perspective from a RB in highschool but also seems wise.
Could also mean, if he’s not the starter, he won’t get any PT. Don’t think he’s afraid of competing for the RB1 spot, but hey 🤷🏾‍♂️. Also, keep in mind this is coming from one of the coaches. Not directly from CJ.

There are certain recruits where the overall class gonna matter for sure Baxter is one of them, Okunlola, Cormani etc. By the 10th of August we should definitely have a much better picture. Btw i think the overall class is a much better motivator for kids at the beginning of a regime than just the results of the field.

Advertisement
He's not. He doesn't do any individual stuff.
season 3 youre a fucking pussy GIF by Shameless

Advertisement
Back