2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

Advertisement
It's been a UT UM battle for a minute. And that's really because of Arch. UF reeks of desperation on the trail and they will get a few kids that just want the biggest bag as they are going to offer the world to a few kids (and already have this week)
How we feeling as it sits?

Most probably texas. It would be interesting, though, if bama starts on him. I had previously thought Richard Young was a solid to Bama, but Oregon is starting to make a move, there. We'll see. Baxter, though, most likely texas.
What makes it likely Texas? Money or what? Last time i checked Orlando is less than 4 hours from Miami, we on him and dude is actually from South Florida. Its a battle no doubt but last week i heard Bama was putting on pressure yet they aint even in his top 4. Unless man knows the inner workings of these recruitments i take everything with a grain of salt.

Advertisement
What makes it likely Texas? Money or what? Last time i checked Orlando is less than 4 hours from Miami, we on him and dude is actually from South Florida. Its a battle no doubt but last week i heard Bama was putting on pressure yet they aint even in his top 4. Unless man knows the inner workings of these recruitments i take everything with a grain of salt.

No idea but for whatever reason, he’s been enamored with playing in Texas. And I’m sure their NIL is hefty. Anyhow, this was is all but a done deal imo

No idea but for whatever reason, he’s been enamored with playing in Texas. And I’m sure their NIL is hefty. Anyhow, this was is all but a done deal imo
I don’t believe it. I think its a battle. Them and A&M chumped everyone last season with their bags, if they couldn't hold on to Owens why should i concede a Central Florida kid to them? Make no mistake im not saying they are not in it. Im saying i don't think its a foregone conclusion. Last week or so it was how Bama took the lead....lies. Lots of false information going around.

Advertisement
How we feeling as it sits?

Like I said 3 months ago Kevin Smith ha! I get why people think Texas and that very well may be the initial pick but I believe we win out. These journalists just don't get things right until the very end. Just last week we had to be worried about Bama and before that UF was in the drivers seat by a mile lol. Now Texas is the pick and there's no close 2nd. Eventually the national media will catch on to the fact this isn't the Miami of the past 20 years. Just sayin

Got the word. This was a between me and you conversation lol. But Baxter is heavy on Texas, but family likes him in Miami. Coach doesn’t think UF and TAMU are much of a threat. In Baxter’s own words “I like what the coaches at UF are doing, but they just gotta a little more to figure it out, but they’ll get there.” Stepped back away from Bama because they told him he’d be a feature back in which he could look to carry the rock 18-25 times a game. Looks like he doesn’t want to do that and wants to split with another good back. So essentially… who can he team up and be a good pair is what it sounds like. Citizen has to look appealing.

Last edited:
Like I said 3 months ago Kevin Smith ha! I get why people think Texas and that very well may be the initial pick but I believe we win out. These journalists just don't get things right until the very end. Just last week we had to be worried about Bama and before that UF was in the drivers seat by a mile lol. Now Texas is the pick and there's no close 2nd. Just sayin
That's my feeling 2. Remember Rashada love SEC, UF way ahead and all that. Unless man really get 10 Mill like On3 is implying, these are battles. I think the hometown pull wins out as he is from So Fl. Really loves the offense the coaches and the atmosphere.

Got the word. This was a between me and you conversation lol. But Baxter is heavy on Texas, but family wants him in Miami. Coach doesn’t think UF and TAMU are much of a threat. In Baxter’s own words “I like what the coaches at UF are doing, but they just gotta a little more to figure it out, but they’ll get there.” Stepped back away from Bama because they told him he’d be a feature back in which he could look to carry the rock 18-25 times a game. Looks like he doesn’t want to do that and wants to split with another good back. So essentially… who can he team up and be a good pair is what it sounds like. Citizen has to look appealing.
Whats is Baxter feeling on Miami and what you feel after the whole convo?

Advertisement
Whats is Baxter feeling on Miami and what you feel after the whole convo?
He’s high on Miami. Really high. He told us himself on that’s couple of months ago. After his UV, he kept talking about the players, Frierson and X were the kind of players he’d want to be around. And funny thing is, he didn’t consider Miami at all when Manny was here. I’m not invasive with these kids like others are around here, but one guy asked “So what’s stopping you from committing to Miami?” And his response “Nothing at all. But it’s so hard.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back