CB prospects 2021

Nice. 2021 class is gonna be all about finding the guys that went under the radar because of no camps. They’re everywhere. We could steal a few that would typically have already jumped into a nationally relevant player in the summer and went to Auburn or something from camps.

Time to really find out what kind of evals this staff can make. They started the trend on Ennis Rakestraw last year and he’s a true freshman starting for mizzou that didn’t have an offer from P5 until about this time 2019.

Advertisement
One guy I’m still ****ed we didn’t get last year at CB who looked like we had a great shot until the buckeyes came knocking. Lejond Cavazos kid was everything we lacked at CB athletic freak that was considering us highly but ultimately went to Ohio state

I like the Jaden Slocum kid from Alpharetta. They got 2 dbs one committed to Stanford and one to Duke. Grades are obviously a problem.

CIS tag these defensive coaches on the kids in this thread...Never forget what Paranos did for Courtel Jenkins
What did Paranos do for Courtel Jenkins?

Advertisement
It's never a down in South Florida when it comes skill position guys, it's crazy how other schools can find these skill position player's right in our backyard but our staff seems to have a hard time.. Our staff wants to be to particular and go after the big fish type recruits.. Every week we sit back and watch skill position player's dominate CFB and they come right their from South Florida.. Me personally I'm not a big stars person but if we are going to go after the stars we need to mAke sure they meet a certain standard and at Miami #1 they need to be a speed guy!! Too many times Miami signs these average speed CBs, Ivey and Blades are average speed CBs.. We need some CBs that can move, SO with that being said, we need to start recruiting more speed in the secondary, look at the elite schools they have speed guys in their secondary..

Advertisement
Steven Ortiz out of Arizona. I remember him
Showing interest in UM early on in the process. Not sure if his size is why we passed on him.

On a brighter note if we decide to move on from Rumph it's not like we will lose any recruits..
winter discover GIF

Advertisement
Random and somewhat OT but our CB struggles made me think....

Is our CB situation/recruiting worse than our DT recruiting was during the Golden era? Back we were excited and desperate to take Travonte Valentine’s commitment even though we all knew it was -84848390000% chance he actually sticks and signs with us?

I would legit push for Brantley, no way should a kid with his raw skills be allowed to go to a dumpster fire like Mich St.

Thought about him too El...Definitely.

Advertisement
Random and somewhat OT but our CB struggles made me think....

Is our CB situation/recruiting worse than our DT recruiting was during the Golden era? Back we were excited and desperate to take Travonte Valentine’s commitment even though we all knew it was -84848390000% chance he actually sticks and signs with us?

That was truly the worst. I'd say no.

Jobe yanked our chain. Rumph friggin flew up to Connecticut to move him into his prep school. And Campbell and Stevenson never committed but played us the whole way, clearly intending to go SEC.

Still, we at least have some talent at CB, whereas we had Corey King and Early More at DT under Golden.

Advertisement
Back