CB Knowles building bonds with Miami staff

View as article
Advertisement
This kid even met the New FSU staff? I think we can still flip him but dang rumph hit on somebody that you make a priority.

yup ive said thats the only school he has visited so far this year foreal. he went there when they had practice.

I know everybody is going to blast Rumph & I don't disagree with any of you...

However, FSU now has 2 corners committed Hunter Washington from Texas & Knowles, you what that means right?

They might not lead for Cooper! Idk if that's true or not, that's the only silver lining I can find in this situation lol.

Idc who we don't get, just get me Omarion Cooper & I will be beyond amped up... Can we actually get him with how awful we recruit corners? Probably not lol. But, if the staff doesn't go all out to get Cooper there's something seriously wrong with them.
They also lead for cb Kameron Grays

@gogeta4 any news on ur side ?

FSU likely had him as a higher priority. He made his way up there for when they started practices on the same weekend as the under armour camp. Not sure how high we had him on the board if we took Curtis as a cb and already had Burns in the fold. I wanted him to come here..but just common knowledge based off the sizes they may have higher guys on the board.

Its going to be hard to snatch him back from FSU.. Our last db from Mca did real well up at FSU and he is essentilly a part of the football staff and a big time name in the same neighborhood Knowles is from.

Advertisement
How do you know this? I thought the staff was “talking to them on the regular”?
I’m going by what ivins said. He said that they were talking to him on the regular but he also said they were focusing on size for that last spot which I took as knowles and gonzalez being backup plans

I’m going by what ivins said. He said that they were talking to him on the regular but he also said they were focusing on size for that last spot which I took as knowles and gonzalez being backup plans
It does seem like he was low priority. Seemed more like a “keep him warm” guy as opposed to a guy that they wanted. I just don’t get what they’re going for. Marshall and Nyland Green ans huge pipe dreams.

Advertisement
Idk, if they're not they are seriously retarded.

If we aren't recruiting him, then it goes to show the CB recruiting woes go beyond Rumph's own personal recruiting problems and this is an even more dire circumstance. Based on what some of the people around the program have said, it seems like Diaz/Baker (an maybe even Banda/Patke) have much more say on what the CB board looks like and our targets than Rumph does. If the powers that be are telling Rumph that Burns and Curtis are higher priorities than Knowles and Cooper, we're fvcked.

**** Broke's *** is outnumbered big time. There's gotta be like 10 Rumph supporters on here if that.

It does seem like he was low priority. Seemed more like a “keep him warm” guy as opposed to a guy that they wanted. I just don’t get what they’re going for. Marshall and Nyland Green ans huge pipe dreams.
Idk tbh. They are weird as **** when it comes to corners

Rumph the Repellant strikes again. Dude better go buy some Smart Mouth because he gotta have doody breath.

How long before his white knights run in to tell us how bad Banda sucks or how it's Manure's fault for tying Rumph's hands?
Yeah the Rumph vs Banda recruiting discussion should end now permanently.

People can argue about who's the better on field coach, but as far as a pure recruiter it's no question Banda has him beat easily.

Even with that said, I still believe Patke is the weakest link on the coaching staff as an X's & O's guy & as a recruiter. Manny's downfall will come from not bolstering up the defensive side of the ball, the Defense needs a serious salesman in their group.

And no one can use the 6-7 argument, that might work to explain Blue chip offensive talent turning us down, but mid tier 3-star kids have spurned us for schools that have lost more than us, I mean last year we lost prospects to Maryland & Nebraska & neither one of them have won a **** thing in much longer time than we have.

Plus given how our Defense is it should be a very easy sell regardless of record, **** TCU hasn't won 10 games in a while either yet they still putting out multiple 1st rounders in multiple drafts & have no trouble landing their targets.

Our LB & CB recruiting has been below average since Manny got here, despite the Defense actually being the only thing that's even halfway respectable for us to use as a selling point.

Advertisement
I have not remember a single coach at Miami that have been as a disaster in recruiting that he have been. He is below the joke category.
And the school he's working for, sits in the middle of Ground freakin' Zero, for recruiting that particular type of athletic talent. Unreal.. :noidea:

I agree Rumph needs to go....but all of this is a chain of reactions that come from Pakte, Baker, and Diaz retardeness. A good reason Knowles is has committed to Fsu is probably because they made him a priority, while UM did not and this is due to Baker, Pakte, and Diaz idea to take Curtis as a CB. Like Knowles over curtis is just retarded.

Advertisement
**** Broke's *** is outnumbered big time. There's gotta be like 10 Rumph supporters on here if that.
To me it's not about being a Rumph supporter or hater, it's about calling a spade a spade.

He's not a good recruiter, that's just a fact. Whether you like him or not it can't be denied.

However, that can be worked around if you have a smart HC who has assembled a strong staff, because trust me there are a lot of staffs that have guys who couldn't sell water to a dehydrated man in the desert, but they can still get the players they want because the HC understands how to balance out his staff with enough salesman to accumulate talent while having enough X's & O's gurus to game plan & scheme their way into victory.

Our issue is, we don't have enough good recruiters on Defense, Banda & Stroud are both solid to good, but that's not enough. Recruiting is about effort more than anything & our LB & CB recruiting has been basically a pure crap shoot over the last 4 years, chock full of misses & miss evals.

If Manny wants to survive for the long haul he better take a real long reexamination of his Defensive staff & bring in some straight savages on the trail or he's gonna crash & burn hard.

People can argue about who's the better on field coach, but as far as a pure recruiter it's no question Banda has him beat easily.

Even with that said, I still believe Patke is the weakest link on the coaching staff as an X's & O's guy & as a recruiter. Manny's downfall will come from not bolstering up the defensive side of the ball, the Defense needs a serious salesman in their group.

And no one can use the 6-7 argument, that might work to explain Blue chip offensive talent turning us down, but mid tier 3-star kids have spurned us for schools that have lost more than us, I mean last year we lost prospects to Maryland & Nebraska & neither one of them have won a **** thing in much longer time than we have.

Plus given how our Defense is it should be a very easy sell regardless of record, **** TCU hasn't won 10 games in a while either yet they still putting out multiple 1st rounders in multiple drafts & have no trouble landing their targets.

Our LB & CB recruiting has been below average since Manny got here, despite the Defense actually being the only thing that's even halfway respectable for us to use as a selling point.

How can anyone seriously debate this? I'm not going to sit here and say Banda is some elite coach or recruiter. But I'm a data guy....there are several examples of kids with quotes over the years talking about their bonds with Banda, how Coach Banda is the reason I'm looking at Miami, I'm here because of Banda, etc etc.

Are there ANY kids who have said they came here because of some long-standing, mutually respectful relationship with Mike Rumph? Where they stretch back years like Banda has? I'm not saying he's never recruited anyone or anything, let's not be silly. But the tone from how the kids talk about Banda vs how they talk about Rumph (if they do at all) is night and day.

Maybe I’m wrong but defensive recruiting as a whole to me hasn’t been all that. Cb and Lb recruiting has headlined it but just looking at each position excusing a couple guys I dont see it.

DT me personally I like the flashes miller has showed and I liked nesta out of hs but Dt recruiting hasn’t been great. DE is good, LB besides brooks, huff, and cave I’m not really high on any of the other guys, cb I like the group but I don’t love it cause idk if we have a guy who can handle his own out their all game, safety after bolden, hall, and tae the talent is kinda average to me.

To me it's not about being a Rumph supporter or hater, it's about calling a spade a spade.

He's not a good recruiter, that's just a fact. Whether you like him or not it can't be denied.

However, that can be worked around if you have a smart HC who has assembled a strong staff, because trust me there are a lot of staffs that have guys who couldn't sell water to a dehydrated man in the desert, but they can still get the players they want because the HC understands how to balance out his staff with enough salesman to accumulate talent while having enough X's & O's gurus to game plan & scheme their way into victory.

Our issue is, we don't have enough good recruiters on Defense, Banda & Stroud are both solid to good, but that's not enough. Recruiting is about effort more than anything & our LB & CB recruiting has been basically a pure crap shoot over the last 4 years, chock full of misses & miss evals.

If Manny wants to survive for the long haul he better take a real long reexamination of his Defensive staff & bring in some straight savages on the trail or he's gonna crash & burn hard.
What exactly is a good recruiter? Signing 8 4star cbs out of 10 total in the last 4 classes Is BEYOND terrible and a fireable offense apparently. That’s news to me. I’ve said rumph is not a great recruiter but this sh*t is completely over exaggerated, he ain’t THAT bad like people are trying to insinuate whether you hate the guy or not. In fact this spring the cb room had the 2nd highest average grade on the entire roster behind the rb group with a 91.90 average rating per player but the position is viewed so poorly by ignorant *** posters
D911A17F-D796-40CE-BC09-E099718D7074.jpeg

Advertisement
Back