CB Knowles building bonds with Miami staff

View as article
Advertisement
We have sucked for so long, why are you expecting Miami to land all of these top guys? Sec puts a premium at the db position in south Florida, they send their best recruiters to get dbs from the area. It’s not some Easy battle like people try to think all the time
In all fairness, FSU has sucked as well and routinely allows 5 star recruits to go undrafted. Yet they have no problem recruiting CB’s.

fsu has sucked longer. Next excuse.
I dont Care who fsu lands, they suck when they get there and underachieve. Chances are they were vastly overrated to begin with. A lot of their high profile dbs have been busts.

I can give 2 fvcks about fsu, but bad last 3 seasons or not they have been more relevant this past decade than Miami has easily in recruits eyes and have developed better dbs overall.(obviously not the last few years or so though)

Last edited:
We have sucked for so long, why are you expecting Miami to land all of these top guys? Sec puts a premium at the db position in south Florida, they send their best recruiters to get dbs from the area. It’s not some Easy battle like people try to think all the time
You just answered the exact problem... the SEC sends their best recruiters to get DBs from the area and we send Rumph. Even Paul Williams, D'Onofrio, and Golden were able to sell Tracy Howard on Miami. If he was not a former player, you would have no problem with him being fired. But they are 100% different skill sets, and succeeding as a college CB has absolutely no bearing on his success as a coach here and whether he should still be on staff. And he can take Patke and Baker with him to G5 coaching where they all belong.

Advertisement
I dont Care who fsu lands, they suck when they get there and underachieve. Chances are they were vastly overrated to begin with. A lot of their high profile dbs have been busts.

I can give 2 fvcks about fsu, but bad last 3 seasons or not they have been more relevant this past decade than Miami has easily in recruits eyes and have developed better dbs overall.(obviously not the last few years or so though)
Duuuuuuuuuuude.... We miss on most guys we want from our own area.

Don’t ever accuse me of **** riding, I aint With none of that sh*t. Secondly I dont give af what most of y’all think, I give My opinion on the situation Fairly and that’s it. Rumph gets all this criticism but in reality the whole defensive staff plus manny should and until I see differently that’s my stance on that. People so quick to tear down a coach like rumph with his background being a first round Miami hurricane player and a minority coach but are considerably less critical of others on staff. That don’t really sit well with me when none of the others are doing that much better or better at all in recruiting/coaching since they’ve been here. Is what it is, y’all can think whatever of me, not here to be liked but just to talk about canes football with other canes fans ✊🏾💯. I dont go out my way to belittle anybody if on the opposing side of an argument in a disagreement either. I’m me, take it or leave it.

I love what Rumph accomplished on the field for UM. He's a true Cane and has given more for this program than 99.999% of the people criticizing him. But he's not on scholarship anymore. Successful programs must be able to differentiate between their love and appreciation for past players as players vs. expectations once they move into a coaching or other personnel position. That's just good business.

As far as the other bcorches on the defense, I've been on record saying Patke is the biggest waste of space on this staff. So have many others. @RVACane, @Mklein13, and @Liberty City El started a task-force to investigate where he disappears to between the first week of December and the second week of February.

After him, Rumph and Baker are the next two who can get lost. Banda is at least a somewhat better recruiter than Rumph, is asked to do more recruiting outside of his position, and he can point to a few safeties in the NFL. But, he can be handed a pink slip, too (just after the first three).

But if your issue is no talking **** about Rumph's failures without pointing out that other members of the defensive staff are also horrible... fine.

Patke is basically stealing checks and should be investigated by the authorities after he's shown the door.
Baker is a total waste of space and a defensive coordinator on training wheels. And LB recruiting has been at least as miserable as CB recruiting.
Banda's biggest recruiting win in life was his wife.

And Rumph couldn't sell 2 for 1, tight Greek pvssy at an Italian bachelor party on credit.

I love what Rumph accomplished on the field for UM. He's a true Cane and has given more for this program than 99.999% of the people criticizing him. But he's not on scholarship anymore. Successful programs must be able to differentiate between their love and appreciation for past players as players vs. expectations once they move into a coaching or other personnel position. That's just good business.

As far as the other bcorches on the defense, I've been on record saying Patke is the biggest waste of space on this staff. So have many others. @RVACane, @Mklein13, and @Liberty City El started a task-force to investigate where he disappears to between the first week of December and the second week of February.

After him, Rumph and Baker are the next two who can get lost. Banda is at least a somewhat better recruiter than Rumph, is asked to do more recruiting outside of his position, and he can point to a few safeties in the NFL. But, he can be handed a pink slip, too (just after the first three).

But if your issue is no talking **** about Rumph's failures without pointing out that other members of the defensive staff are also horrible... fine.

Patke is basically stealing checks and should be investigated by the authorities after he's shown the door.
Baker is a total waste of space and a defensive coordinator on training wheels. And LB recruiting has been at least as miserable as CB recruiting.
Banda's biggest recruiting win in life was his wife.

And Rumph couldn't sell 2 for 1, tight Greek pvssy at an Italian bachelor party on credit.
In a perfect world we get rid of Patke, Rumph, Baker, and Bartender all in that order.

Advertisement
same, if it’s a wholesale change then I’m with it, even if that means rumph gone. Definitely those 2 can go before rumph for me
Someone said in here if Rumph wasn’t a Cane then you wouldn’t be sticking up for him this way. I think that’s true. It’s the main reason why I don’t really rip him though I know the recruiting hasn’t been good. That said, Patke and Baker are way worse to me overall. Banda’s probably a better recruiter but it’s not like he’s a stud recruiter or coach. Not sure about Stroud.

Advertisement
Who Banda landed from his recruiting area? Payne’s evals are the problem. The bigger problem is Miami just doesn’t have the support staff that the other programs have.

Knowles is a Plan B kid, Let FSU loud up on those types.
This is a pretty dumb take considering all of our CB commit rn our 3*...it not like any of them are significantly better or better at all, he is also the only one to get an under armour all american invite, and his tape backs it up.

Advertisement
Someone said in here if Rumph wasn’t a Cane then you wouldn’t be sticking up for him this way. I think that’s true. It’s the main reason why I don’t really rip him though I know the recruiting hasn’t been good. That said, Patke and Baker are way worse to me overall. Banda’s probably a better recruiter but it’s not like he’s a stud recruiter or coach. Not sure about Stroud.
THE GUY WAS ALMOST THE D COORDINATOR!!!! only at Miami
current staff and others in the past have sworn he's some type of defensive savant that does more than meets the eye. Still not a valid reason for him to go from GA to DC in nearly a year.

Advertisement
Back