CB Knowles building bonds with Miami staff

View as article
How can anyone seriously debate this? I'm not going to sit here and say Banda is some elite coach or recruiter. But I'm a data guy....there are several examples of kids with quotes over the years talking about their bonds with Banda, how Coach Banda is the reason I'm looking at Miami, I'm here because of Banda, etc etc.

Are there ANY kids who have said they came here because of some long-standing, mutually respectful relationship with Mike Rumph? Where they stretch back years like Banda has? I'm not saying he's never recruited anyone or anything, let's not be silly. But the tone from how the kids talk about Banda vs how they talk about Rumph (if they do at all) is night and day.
Banda has had a few gets but he’s had a bunch of misses too like rumph as well. Both have missed their fair share. He did a masterful job recruiting avantae especially after the Jaiden Francois stuff.

Advertisement
Banda has had a few gets but he’s had a bunch of misses too like rumph as well. Both have missed their fair share. He did a masterful job recruiting avantae especially after the Jaiden Francois stuff.

Of course Banda has had misses. He's not a God, and he coaches at Miami, where the bags are mighty light. But he's recruited absolute circles around Mike Rumph. And that's especially sad for Rumph, because as you mentioned, it's not like Banda is straight killing the game either.

Mike Rumph is complete assjuice as a recruiter. Absolute ******* ***. He's a pretty good teacher at the position. But he couldn't catch a fish in a kiddie pool with dynamite.

Just go ask every single FSU or UF fan who you know that really has more than 3 brain cells and ask them about Rumph. They will ALL tell you they hope Miami keeps him forever. Just like we did with Willie, and they did with Golden, and we did with the shark ******, etc. etc. Tells you all you need to know. The guy is a complete clown on the trail.

He got lucky with those 2 at the last minute. You can’t recruit like that. Eventually the luck will run out. Imagine being in the most talent rich area for you position and not being able to snag at least 1 top guy every year.

He can't snag 1 top local guy in five years.

What exactly is a good recruiter? Signing 8 4star cbs out of 10 total in the last 4 classes Is BEYOND terrible and a fireable offense apparently. That’s news to me. I’ve said rumph is not a great recruiter but this sh*t is completely over exaggerated, he ain’t THAT bad like people are trying to insinuate whether you hate the guy or not. In fact this spring the cb room had the 2nd highest average grade on the entire roster behind the rb group with a 91.90 average rating per player but the position is viewed so poorly by ignorant *** posters
View attachment 117142
Enough of the **** riding. Posters here are sick of you constantly sticking up for Rumph. He sucks and we could do so much better. Move the **** on and eat some steak like a normal ******* person you bluewaffle.

Advertisement
Yeah the Rumph vs Banda recruiting discussion should end now permanently.

People can argue about who's the better on field coach, but as far as a pure recruiter it's no question Banda has him beat easily.

Even with that said, I still believe Patke is the weakest link on the coaching staff as an X's & O's guy & as a recruiter. Manny's downfall will come from not bolstering up the defensive side of the ball, the Defense needs a serious salesman in their group.

And no one can use the 6-7 argument, that might work to explain Blue chip offensive talent turning us down, but mid tier 3-star kids have spurned us for schools that have lost more than us, I mean last year we lost prospects to Maryland & Nebraska & neither one of them have won a **** thing in much longer time than we have.

Plus given how our Defense is it should be a very easy sell regardless of record, **** TCU hasn't won 10 games in a while either yet they still putting out multiple 1st rounders in multiple drafts & have no trouble landing their targets.

Our LB & CB recruiting has been below average since Manny got here, despite the Defense actually being the only thing that's even halfway respectable for us to use as a selling point.
I knew Manure was full of garbage when he stood pat on his defensive cronies after last season. We should have made at least 2 changes on the D staff too despite the dopey fans who keep puppeting the lame company line that our defense is a winning defense and doesn't need any changes.

What exactly is a good recruiter? Signing 8 4star cbs out of 10 total in the last 4 classes Is BEYOND terrible and a fireable offense apparently. That’s news to me. I’ve said rumph is not a great recruiter but this sh*t is completely over exaggerated, he ain’t THAT bad like people are trying to insinuate whether you hate the guy or not. In fact this spring the cb room had the 2nd highest average grade on the entire roster behind the rb group with a 91.90 average rating per player but the position is viewed so poorly by ignorant *** posters
View attachment 117142

Thats not that impressive. We are in South Florida.

I knew Manure was full of garbage when he stood pat on his defensive cronies after last season. We should have made at least 2 changes on the D staff too despite the dopey fans who keep puppeting the lame company line that our defense is a winning defense and doesn't need any changes.

It’s a winning defense with a sniff of a competent offense. But it CERTAINLY can be better and that would start with getting some coaches who can recruit worth a ****. Let’s be real, is the CB development so outstanding that this guy being unable to hit water if he fell out of a boat should be untouchable? **** no.

Y’all some nut huggers hating on rumph in every thread, sh*ts annoying. Attention seeking *** mfs, we get it you think he sucks. He Gets all the blame for guys he doesn’t land but NEVER gets any credit for anyone he does get . Can’t win with some of you weird and bandwagon *** mfs who can’t think for themselves and see an opinion on a board and try to regurgitate it ad infinitum...

regardless I’m not even following recruiting that closely this year given the circumstances, is what it is so I really don’t know how big of a miss this is. I assume It will be overhyped like most of the misses are because you hate everything about Miami especially rumph who is more cane than any of us ever will be
I don't think Rumph gets the last call on who can commit he has to go through the defensive coach and the Manny
I

Advertisement
It’s a winning defense with a sniff of a competent offense. But it CERTAINLY can be better and that would start with getting some coaches who can recruit worth a ****. Let’s be real, is the CB development so outstanding that this guy being unable to hit water if he fell out of a boat should be untouchable? **** no.
Rumph has developed this reputation amongst his mongoloid servants on here as Football's Inventor. They think that they could carve a niche out for him as a football scientist because he's so morbidly despicable as a recruiter.

Listening to the CIS water carriers, you'd think the guy was the Don Coryell of CB teaching. Who are all these incredible NFL players he's "developed" or who have overachieved their star rankings?

Advertisement
Enough of the **** riding. Posters here are sick of you constantly sticking up for Rumph. He sucks and we could do so much better. Move the **** on and eat some steak like a normal ******* person you bluewaffle.
Don’t ever accuse me of **** riding, I aint With none of that sh*t. Secondly I dont give af what most of y’all think, I give My opinion on the situation Fairly and that’s it. Rumph gets all this criticism but in reality the whole defensive staff plus manny should and until I see differently that’s my stance on that. People so quick to tear down a coach like rumph with his background being a first round Miami hurricane player and a minority coach but are considerably less critical of others on staff. That don’t really sit well with me when none of the others are doing that much better or better at all in recruiting/coaching since they’ve been here. Is what it is, y’all can think whatever of me, not here to be liked but just to talk about canes football with other canes fans ✊🏾💯. I dont go out my way to belittle anybody if on the opposing side of an argument in a disagreement either. I’m me, take it or leave it.

Last edited:
Now the new rap is "Rumph has no say in who he recruits." That's a load of trash even if it's true, which it isn't. Does this mean he can only effectively recruit the guys that he wants to sign? What about all the guys he's had relationships with since they were in diapers? He can't even recruit them.

At this point they need to just find somebody who sounds like Rumph on the phone and have them start recruiting and hope the kids never ask to face time. He must have the people skills of a Chinese monk. The new guys on offense are running circles around the defensive staff on the recruiting trail and have been on campus a couple months compared to 4 years for most of the guys on defense sans Stroud

Advertisement
Don’t ever accuse me of **** riding, I aint With none of that sh*t. Secondly I dont give af what most of y’all think, I give My opinion on the situation Fairly and that’s it. Rumph gets all this criticism but in reality the whole defensive staff plus manny should and until I see differently that’s my stance on that. People so quick to tear down a coach like rumph with his background being a first round Miami hurricane player and a minority coach but are considerably less critical of others on staff. That don’t really sit well with me when none of the others are doing that much better or better at all in recruiting/coaching since they’ve been here. Is what it is, y’all can think whatever of me, not here to be liked but just to talk about canes football with other canes fans ✊🏾💯. I dont go out my way to belittle anybody if on the opposing side of an argument in a disagreement.
Relax sally. I rip Patke and Baker just as much as I rip Rumph. Listen to some people's stances on Rumph....they actually make sense. Your constant **** riding on some players and coaches gets old fast. You are delusional when it comes to that stuff. Rumph should have been fired this winter and I'm still trying to figure out why he hasn't. Decent coach, ****** *** recruiter.

The moment Rumph couldn't land Campbell who he supposedly knew as a kid and considered him a father figure,he needed to be done at miami right then and there.I don't care what Georgia did,he needed to match it,he will never live down that failure here.

We still are missing on the top guys. What is so hard to understand? We need a guy who can CLOSE.
We have sucked for so long, why are you expecting Miami to land all of these top guys? Sec puts a premium at the db position in south Florida, they send their best recruiters to get dbs from the area. It’s not some Easy battle like people try to think all the time

Advertisement
Back