2024 CB Ellis Robinson IV

Advertisement
it won't level the playing field completely, but its giving new life to old powers like Miami, USC, Texas, Oregon. Now they have become NIL hotbeds and can attract top talent now, and that's the best hope to conquer the SEC power BS

Have to semi disagree w/ u, my guy.

UT have been throwing oil $ around for yrs. They’ve recruited at a higher level than us for some time, & will continue to do so b4 NIL. UT is the unquestioned leader of that state; if anything, NIL has helped A&M more than UT, but look what has transpired for A&M this yr after a deplorable season? UT is just able to throw their weight around a bit more proficiently w/ NIL being legal & ambiguous parameters.

SC, too, have recruited well b4 NIL. Their problem was coaching; now they have an elite coach, so they’ll be having more top local kids stay home. Their class is currently #12, but that’s b/c they have a relatively smaller class than those ahead of them sans O$U.

Oregon, believe it or not, is not big on the NIL movement; and, quite frankly they don’t need to be. They have Nike behind them, meaning a kid who go & graduate from there is set w/ Nike opportunities guaranteed. It’s the future of those kids that’s sold, not the immediate. They have arguably the best facilities in the nation, and the #1 brand in the world. Mario was recruiting at a high level pre-NIL there, & Lanning is picking up where he left off.

Miami, yes it’s helped us, but even w/ our NIL flex we lost a ton of prospects despite having a solid class (and I’m going to post a recap of our class in a moment). The attention is on us b/c we have a brash booster who’s flexing; but, the fact is Saban told us b4 what his kids were bringing in w/ NIL deals in a conference meeting. It’s a footnote in narratives b/c apparently we’re the only ones who r doing it.

Our NIL opportunities r limited by a couple of boosters b/c of marketing. While we’re bragging about TVD being seen in an infomercial that’s local or a “lease” w/ a local BMW dealership, Bryce Young was the face of nat’l commercials for Dr Pepper. Caleb Williams had a couple of nat’l commercials. We got kids getting deals w/ Popeyes, Fanatics, Champ Sports, etc.

Winning builds the greatest recruiting profile, & NIL will only bolster bag programs appeal, while leaking some crumbs to have-nots.

I said a while ago, b4 reiterating it in various threads that NIL & The Portal won’t help chit. It’ll throw a few crumbs to the have-nots, but winning, winning, & more winning will always be the driving force. Plus these schools got NILs, too. Lol
So why Saban crying? Lol.

It has evened another of stuff up already...I mean sh-t Cormani didn't even care a bit but bama..he was set to us b4 deion shenanigans..Louisville became an issue in one class an had they not faltered there class would have been even better.

And like I told you the big major cities are sh-tting on these hick towns nils. They had to create collectives which won't hold up long term mote than likely.

But I agree winning is the first part of the equation...bur guess how uga and Bama started to rack up wins..I'll give u a hint...it was nil b4 nil. Lol..not build it and they would come...buy it and they will come.

Advertisement
Good.Let Georgia worry about prime coming in at the last minute and taking the #1 cb this year.Now le'ts pick up a couple top 10-15 cbs to add to our group and we should be in great shape there.
You should get rid of all your t-shirts and buy tank tops. Not sure if your shoulders can handle all that weight.

It has evened another of stuff up already...I mean sh-t Cormani didn't even care a bit but bama..he was set to us b4 deion shenanigans..Louisville became an issue in one class an had they not faltered there class would have been even better.

And like I told you the big major cities are sh-tting on these hick towns nils. They had to create collectives which won't hold up long term mote than likely.

But I agree winning is the first part of the equation...bur guess how uga and Bama started to rack up wins..I'll give u a hint...it was nil b4 nil. Lol..not build it and they would come...buy it and they will come.

Ummmm, Bama has the #1 Recruiting Class in the entire nation where their only 3-star is the #1 player at his position. Lol.

UGA has the #2 class

I legit have zero idea what u’re talking about right now. 8 out of the top 10 classes r in these proverbial “hick” towns. Lol.

And Saban wasn’t crying, it’s called he was ****ed A&M got the #1 class & he lit a fire under his booster’s ***, which they responded w/ a historic class filled w/ nine 5* players. Richt was building UGA prior to Smart, but my point is NIL aint moved chit. If NIL was the end all to be all, then we would have the #1 class by a country mile.

Because he’s losing kids he wants and doesn’t get to pick who he wants and has to work harder. He’s old

Advertisement
Ummmm, Bama has the #1 Recruiting Class in the entire nation where their only 3-star is the #1 player at his position. Lol.

UGA has the #2 class

I legit have zero idea what u’re talking about right now. 8 out of the top 10 classes r in these proverbial “hick” towns. Lol.

And Saban wasn’t crying, it’s called he was ****ed A&M got the #1 class & he lit a fire under his booster’s ***, which they responded w/ a historic class filled w/ nine 5* players. Richt was building UGA prior to Smart, but my point is NIL aint moved chit. If NIL was the end all to be all, then we would have the #1 class by a country mile.
He’s right. They bought the classes and then started winning. When Saban came from the Dolphins and started getting top recruiting classes Bama hadn’t won or proven anything on the field since what the late 90s. And at the point he was considered an above average coach at best. They didn’t have a winning culture in the beginning to sell all those top ranked kids. It was money in the beginning.

He’s right. They bought the classes and then started winning. When Saban came from the Dolphins and started getting top recruiting classes Bama hadn’t won or proven anything on the field since what the late 90s. And at the point he was considered an above average coach at best. They didn’t have a winning culture in the beginning to sell all those top ranked kids. It was money in the beginning.

OK; here’s the thing bro, & I’ve spelled this out numerous times:

I’m not stating that Bama wasn’t playing w/ bags, I’m saying NIL helps perpetuate these bag schools further. All it has done is strengthened their strangle hold. It hasn’t evened out anything vs. allowing a few bread crumbs to fall from the haves tables to the have nots. That’s it.

Further, many, particularly Dolphin fans have this real jaded view of Saban. As I’ve clearly pointed out, dude can coach. Not every CFB coach is successful at the NFL level, just like not all NFL coaches become successful at the collegiate level. Nick has been successful at every college program he’s been at, & remember, he was only a couple of yrs removed from winning a Nat’l Title & flooding the NFL w/ high draft picks at LSU before coming back to the college game.

If Meyer was hired here after he got fired from Jax, I promise u we would have a top 3 class b/c of his reputation as a college coach & the amount of players he’s put in the NFL.

That’s my Only point; NIL hasn’t helped us or SC secure the #1 class, yet these “hick” towns continue to get the best of the best players, year in & out with this new generation of CFB.

Advertisement

I’m not stating that Bama wasn’t playing w/ bags, I’m saying NIL helps perpetuate these bag schools further. All it has done is strengthened their strangle hold. It hasn’t evened out anything vs. allowing a few bread crumbs to fall from the haves tables to the have nots. That’s it.

Further, many, particularly Dolphin fans have this real jaded view of Saban. As I’ve clearly pointed out, dude can coach. Not every CFB coach is successful at the NFL level, just like not all NFL coaches become successful at the collegiate level. Nick has been successful at every college program he’s been at, & remember, he was only a couple of yrs removed from winning a Nat’l Title & flooding the NFL w/ high draft picks at LSU before coming back to the college game.

If Meyer was hired here after he got fired from Jax, I promise u we would have a top 3 class b/c of his reputation as a college coach & the amount of players he’s put in the NFL.

That’s my Only point; NIL hasn’t helped us or SC secure the #1 class, yet these “hick” towns continue to get the best of the best players, year in & out with this new generation of CFB.
ok I see what you’re saying. About Saban and his LSU cred helping him recruit….but NIL has helped other teams. It helped us immensely…Samson and Francis are the kind of lineman Bama gets every time. See Evan Neal…you know we can’t play the same games the good ole boys used to, the rules are different for us. But now that we can pay too and not have to worry about the NCAA every year we’re gonna get kids to help get us back. Kids who under the old rules would have went to Bama UGA Clemson, OSU. Case in point, when was the last time we had a better class than Clemson?

ok I see what you’re saying. About Saban and his LSU cred helping him recruit….but NIL has helped other teams. It helped us immensely…Samson and Francis are the kind of lineman Bama gets every time. See Evan Neal…you know we can’t play the same games the good ole boys used to, the rules are different for us. But now that we can pay too and not have to worry about the NCAA every year we’re gonna get kids to help get us back. Kids who under the old rules would have went to Bama UGA Clemson, OSU. Case in point, when was the last time we had a better class than Clemson?
All facts but we have to recruit WR QB and DT well. And this class did not meet expectations. Everyone knows this. I’m interested to see if that changes this year. No question multiple kids we signed wouldn’t have come here if we couldn’t play the game. I’ve always said, Miami with Cristobal and money will always recruit in the top ten. Rumph sounded weird in his video posted on here. But he’s kinda right. Saturday’s are fun and southern kids like that weird Alabama ****, but Miami sells itself

The highest ranked recruit in attendance was the nation’s No. 1 cornerback Ellis Robinson IV, who committed to Georgia last month. Despite his pledge to the national champs, Robinson is keeping his options open and told InsideTheU that he plans to take official visits and Miami is one of the schools he plans to hit. Robinson consistently speaks with Miami representatives and recently got on a call with defensive coordinator Lance Guidry.

Advertisement
As long as Deion learns his lesson that recruiting with the big boys for elite recruits is hard work, I'm good (although I'd prefer if Mr Robinson ends up in the Gables). So far, Deion has been able to pounce when no one was watching. Those days are over. Plus now, he will have to play defense and keep people from poaching his recruits.

Still, a long way from signing an NLI.
He better hope all these high rated recruits he's getting have thick skin because it's going to be a very long year for his team. LOL

Robinson is a good kid. From New Haven CT 15 minutes from me. Georgia sells itself for a big time player. Sanders isn’t getting everyone he wants. He loves UGA although his Mom loved wait for it…..TVD who should be a coach
Can we at least wait for him to complete this year as our QB? LOL

This is a common theme. When you commit to another school, Mario ups the intensity four fold.

Miami has been talking to me like every day

Yea NIL hasn't bothered bama like people thought. I knew it wouldn't I said that day one

Advertisement
Back