Cats out of the bag

Advertisement
Coaches are amazed by his recovery, “ he’s a freak“. I think some are sleeping on or just overlooking him, but I’m saying it now “ He’s going to be a big star here”.

I keep hearing he’s “just different, on and off the field”. Really smart kid with a really good head on his shoulders. How many stud athletes help teammates with their schooling? Like I said “ different “.

Guys with athletic ability , work ethic and character don’t fail.

Btw he’s already way ahead of schedule and will be ready to roll at camp ( if we have one).

It’s just a little tidbit but I figured he needed some love. Great kid that stayed loyal the entire process.

His character and athleticism are off the charts. He makes Belen proud as a person.

Football-wise, the next step is becoming a tougher player. He was not a tough football player in high school. Part of that is the competition level.

Now that he’s around great athletes, I expect him to raise his game and push through more than he did at Belen. If he does, he will be special.

Let the record show, that when everybody hopped on the Knighton bandwagon there was one who still stood firm on Chaney being a big time baller & better overall back here...

That was me. Carry on.

I have multiple posts saying I agreed with your prediction. :) Chaney is an Alpha!!

Advertisement
Two men: Lashlee and Justice. If they can work together to create an offensive system that will highlight this kid's God-given talent and create schemes that suit our OL, he could put up some impressive numbers as a Freshman. We don't have a mauling, hat on hat front 5 that can line up against Clemson, Bama, OSU, LSU and move guys out of the way at will. No need in even wasting any more time trying to force that (thanks, Enos and Barry). Even Richt and Searles got too caught up in trying to recreate his big country boy stout UGA OLs.

Give me spacing and speed with an aggressive attack spread system and our OL and entire offense will look night and day different. Too many programs with lesser talent up front have figured that out. Time for us to wake the **** up and open up our offense. And if we do that, Chaney and others will feast.

Advertisement
Two men: Lashlee and Justice. If they can work together to create an offensive system that will highlight this kid's God-given talent and create schemes that suit our OL, he could put up some impressive numbers as a Freshman. We don't have a mauling, hat on hat front 5 that can line up against Clemson, Bama, OSU, LSU and move guys out of the way at will. No need in even wasting any more time trying to force that (thanks, Enos and Barry). Even Richt and Searles got too caught up in trying to recreate his big country boy stout UGA OLs.

Give me spacing and speed with an aggressive attack spread system and our OL and entire offense will look night and day different. Too many programs with lesser talent up front have figured that out. Time for us to wake the **** up and open up our offense. And if we do that, Chaney and others will feast.
That's what made our early 80s teams incredibly difficult to play against. We were never bigger or stronger, but we were always faster. Much faster. We need to get back to that.

Honestly, it has turned my stomach more than once the last 15 years hearing commentators talk about Miami speed. We haven't been fast in years. We sure haven't been big, either. We've been a team without an identity for almost 20 years.

Advertisement
His character and athleticism are off the charts. He makes Belen proud as a person.

Football-wise, the next step is becoming a tougher player. He was not a tough football player in high school. Part of that is the competition level.

Now that he’s around great athletes, I expect him to raise his game and push through more than he did at Belen. If he does, he will be special.
This seems to conflict with what Cribby is reporting. Does he lack toughness, or was he legit hurt at times in HS? Some really tough dudes can be a little fragile injury wise.

By "tough" you mean physically or mentally? Legit question.

This seems to conflict with what Cribby is reporting. Does he lack toughness, or was he legit hurt at times in HS? Some really tough dudes can be a little fragile injury wise.

Just little things like pulling himself out after hard tackles, running out of bounds to avoid contact, etc. His personal character is excellent.

Belen is a prep school and I believe Chaney was just preparing himself for the next level. Part of that is saving his body. He is a big back now and I expect him to turn it on with real internal competition.

Advertisement
Just little things like pulling himself out after hard tackles, running out of bounds to avoid contact, etc. His personal character is excellent.

Belen is a prep school and I believe Chaney was just preparing himself for the next level. Part of that is saving his body. He is a big back now and I expect him to turn it on with real internal competition.
His pops always controlled his playing time. I trust him. Obviously he got to UM on a terrible team. The first EVER Army All American in the schools history. He came to us healthy and ready to ball. I’m all in. He didn’t need to get beat to **** losing by 30. I would have done the same thing if it was my kid. FWIW

His pops always controlled his playing time. I trust him. Obviously he got to UM on a terrible team. The first EVER Army All American in the schools history. He came to us healthy and ready to ball. I’m all in. He didn’t need to get beat to **** losing by 30. I would have done the same thing if it was my kid. FWIW

This jives with what I was told.

I never heard anything about toughness , but I was told Belen was very protective of him. For obvious reasons. From amount of carries to any sign of injury. They’re a prep school that’s awful . Chaney stayed for his education and to play with friends. 99% of these cats don’t have the balls to do that , they run and jump on loaded squads and bully everyone.

He’s a different kind of cat.

Advertisement
Back