Carson Beck Talks Miami And Relationship With Enos

View as article
The UF rep to The Athletic had a lengthy article today about Beck and Anthony Richardson, the QB who just decommitted from UF. The feeling coming out of UA Camp in Orlando today is they were by far the two best Qbs. Both are saying the same thing: they want to be sure they make the right choice. UGA offered Richardson immediately after he decommitted. Richardson intends to look around - mentioned he is interested in Miami but hasn't had contact from anyone.

UF wants 2 QBs in 2020 class. UF has Franks, Trask, Emory Jones and their 2019 signee. The thinking is Trask will probably leave after spring if he doesn't get at least the backup job. UF plan is for Emory Jones to be the future if Franks leaves next year or Jones beats him out.

This is what Beck said UF is telling him:

If Beck were to choose Florida, he said he was told that the plan for him would be to play four games and redshirt as a freshman, then compete and work his way up the depth chart.

He didn't seem to care about the redshirt conversation..... This doesn't sound any different from what could happen at Miami....
Except I bet Manny said he'll compete for the job and not just hand it to somebody else if Beck is the best

Advertisement
The UF rep to The Athletic had a lengthy article today about Beck and Anthony Richardson, the QB who just decommitted from UF. The feeling coming out of UA Camp in Orlando today is they were by far the two best Qbs. Both are saying the same thing: they want to be sure they make the right choice. UGA offered Richardson immediately after he decommitted. Richardson intends to look around - mentioned he is interested in Miami but hasn't had contact from anyone.

UF wants 2 QBs in 2020 class. UF has Franks, Trask, Emory Jones and their 2019 signee. The thinking is Trask will probably leave after spring if he doesn't get at least the backup job. UF plan is for Emory Jones to be the future if Franks leaves next year or Jones beats him out.

This is what Beck said UF is telling him:

If Beck were to choose Florida, he said he was told that the plan for him would be to play four games and redshirt as a freshman, then compete and work his way up the depth chart.

He didn't seem to care about the redshirt conversation..... This doesn't sound any different from what could happen at Miami....

Doesn't UF also have Jalon Jones at QB?

I think when its time to decide Beck and his father will see that Enos offense is a much better fit than Cousin Eddies Mullen power QB run offense.

Talking about all the eggs in one basket? This kid commits before the summer ends. Plenty of time if we miss out on him. Enos already has the best relationship and had him committed. We have the inside track. Plus we will have at least 1 qb transfer this spring

Advertisement
I'm Canadian brother, so it's correct for me. But I appreciate your contribution to the board. We need someone correcting that stuff around here.
Always curious to know where the frosty’s are from? Pair of toast, eggs side by each, bacon parallel. I am not Canadian, hockey player though so you know how that goes. Guessing the T.O., hoping you say Fort Mac or something like Brandon.

Man we need this kid bad....whoever out of the big 3 lands that stud QB first will be the alpha dog on top.....it’s looking like us or Florida seeing as FSU ain’t signed a QB two cycles in a row LMAO ******* peasants
Don’t worry. FSU has a plan.

A plan to run a new, innovative offense that does not use a human quarterback. Instead, Taggart is partnering with startup Cyberdyne on advanced AI, which they will in turn employ with cybernetics. Their robotics division reportedly has a prototype that they’ve dubbed Sy Leon, and if all goes well FSU will be using robotic quarterbacks by the 2020 season. No word on how the NCAA will rule on this however.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement
a lot of people act like if we miss out on one guy its the end of the world, for example avantae williams had some good testing number so now a lot of people are saying he needs to be in this class, but for what? we already have a 5'10 193lb, hard hitting safety, who had just as good testing numbers, committed, Tennison. We miss out at one person just make sure to have a backup plan unlike the previous coaching regime with MJJ, and be happy with the kids we got.

Advertisement
Back