Carson Beck Talks Miami And Relationship With Enos

View as article
Not only that , they lost to Missouri by 21 . Lost to Georgia by 20 . Lost to Kentucky and gave up 300 rushing yards , struggled with vandy and South Carolina, and barely beat Miss St 13-6 . Franks threw for 105 yards in their biggest game of the year

I can see why they wouldn’t be worried about us seeing as we had a bad season but I don’t get the fake confidence from them . I’ve seen them saying they’re elite and Franks is elite when he got benched twice and has a career passer rating just 7 points higher than Rosier with less yards and TDs

If any of our QBs can step up I don’t see any reason we lose to them
Come on. I love the Canes but we barely beat FSU when UF killed them! Missouri was also not that bad. Yall crazy thinking UF is that bad

Advertisement
That same slow big 10 team that we beat, beat the team that blew you guys out, no?
Transitive property in football is the dumbest ****. You're beating your chest about playing a Michigan team who was down multiple starters and coming off a drubbing by their biggest rival that knocked them out of the playoffs. That game didn't mean **** to them.

IMO 2017 Miami and 2018 UF were very similar.

Neither team was as good as their record, and both teams got a lot of breaks that, had they gone the other way, would've resulted in a lot less optimism headed into the following season. But both had some good wins as well.

Now everyone is gunning for 2019 UF just like they were for 2018 Miami. There's no sneaking up on anyone. Preseason Top 10 rankings will be in play for both teams. And both teams are playing a hungry team in Week 1 who nobody is giving a chance.

Miami wins 8/31. UF is pretty good. They're not Top 8 in the country good.

Advertisement

Neither team was as good as their record, and both teams got a lot of breaks that, had they gone the other way, would've resulted in a lot less optimism headed into the following season. But both had some good wins as well.

Now everyone is gunning for 2019 UF just like they were for 2018 Miami. There's no sneaking up on anyone. Preseason Top 10 rankings will be in play for both teams. And both teams are playing a hungry team in Week 1 who nobody is giving a chance.

Agreed!!! I don't think we're a top 10 team going into next year, more of the top 15-20 range but that won't happen. I'd rather be under the radar.

Seems doubly stupid that they'd pick a system that fits him the first time around and then choose one that completely doesn't the second time around too.

Maybe Mullen's trying to get more outta the passing game like Dabo & Saban did with Lawrence & Tagovailoa. I mean, Lawrence isn't exactly the dual threat that Watson & Boyd were.

Agreed!!! I don't think we're a top 10 team going into next year, more of the top 15-20 range but that won't happen. I'd rather be under the radar.

Well you're not gonna get your wish. UF will 10000% be preseason Top 10. Probably just about where Miami was to start 2018.

tbh I still have us as losing to UF, breaking in a whole new offense against good comp I still would pick UF to win IMO. Hope we destroy them and who knows we could surprise them, i was real down about this game when MR was coach I have some hope now with the new staff but i get its there first game.

Advertisement
Oh gosh, here we go. When you guys won 10 games in 2017, where you NOT gassed up going into this past season? Or were you referencing "oh we could have lost to FSU, GT, UNC?". Listen, you win or you lose. I don't expect us to blow you guys out, but I expect us to win a close game. You speak on our lack of starting experience along the OL, but those guys actually have plenty of game experience and I believe we should add Braun from GT who we'll be able to plug in at OG. The OT's will be a weakness but the interier will be fine.

That same slow big 10 team that we beat, beat the team that blew you guys out, no?
They had half of their NFL draft picks sit out they didn't care but week 1 we and we will make a statement

tbh I still have us as losing to UF, breaking in a whole new offense against good comp I still would pick UF to win IMO. Hope we destroy them and who knows we could surprise them, i was real down about this game when MR was coach I have some hope now with the new staff but i get its there first game.

If Martell is eligible, Miami has a VERY good chance to win. It's going to be a close game regardless.

Oh gosh, here we go. When you guys won 10 games in 2017, where you NOT gassed up going into this past season? Or were you referencing "oh we could have lost to FSU, GT, UNC?". Listen, you win or you lose. I don't expect us to blow you guys out, but I expect us to win a close game. You speak on our lack of starting experience along the OL, but those guys actually have plenty of game experience and I believe we should add Braun from GT who we'll be able to plug in at OG. The OT's will be a weakness but the interier will be fine.

I love that these turds think that our team will resemble anything close to that shell of a team that played in the bowl game.

Advertisement
Welp word around them Canes rumors streets is that Beck will announce he’s a Gator soon. By this time next week he will be committed to them. For what it’s worth, I’m iffy on the rumor but I think they lead 100% right now.

Advertisement
Welp word around them Canes rumors streets is that Beck will announce he’s a Gator soon. By this time next week he will be committed to them. For what it’s worth, I’m iffy on the rumor but I think they lead 100% right now.
Think the writings been on the wall here. We thought that Enos gave it a shot, but the kid was already committed to them for baseball. Gator insiders have been too smug ever since he visited. Wouldn't be surprised if he gave them a strong indication he was coming then.

He has already silently committed to them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back