Carlton Davis Commits To Ohio State

Davis says he probably won't take an official visit to Miami, but he will take OVs to Florida and South Carolina.

http://miami.247sports.com/Bolt/Ohio-State-Commitment-Picks-Out-Two-Official-Visits-30553959

They better be going hard after Marcus Lewis, even if it's unlikely that he ends up here. They're being extremely selective with their CB recruiting, which is a far cry from their approach to the OL. Still 0 CBs committed after only adding Mayes in the previous cycle...

If we end up with Cole and Davante Davis I'm good with that

This

Advertisement
I think we need 3 CBs this class. Cole, D. Davis and Irvin are what we need. Irvin can play the nickel/safety/hondey-badger role.

Davis says he probably won't take an official visit to Miami, but he will take OVs to Florida and South Carolina.

http://miami.247sports.com/Bolt/Ohio-State-Commitment-Picks-Out-Two-Official-Visits-30553959

They better be going hard after Marcus Lewis, even if it's unlikely that he ends up here. They're being extremely selective with their CB recruiting, which is a far cry from their approach to the OL. Still 0 CBs committed after only adding Mayes in the previous cycle...

https://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recr...08995381&SIG=3192d6371d1b0a4212a04b83b7cd684f

He gave an interview here if anybody can give a summary

Still time, but the program is not still at point where we have to just take a kid. We got to get Davante Davis at corner if no other. Would be nice to flip Cole, but it's harder to flip a commit than get one to commit. I think Antonio Howard would be the second corner if Cole doesn't flip.

Advertisement
Im gonna keep it real.....

Tracy Howard wasn't taking an OV to Miami either....he ended up canceling his LSU visit and things went from there..

But even if he doesn't Davis is a local kid who can visit anytime he wants, so an OV from him isn't that big of a deal.

If he eliminates UM all together and never visits, then I'd be putting his recruitment to death.

Tracy Howard wasn't taking an OV to Miami either....he ended up canceling his LSU visit and things went from there..

But even if he doesn't Davis is a local kid who can visit anytime he wants, so an OV from him isn't that big of a deal.

If he eliminates UM all together and never visits, then I'd be putting his recruitment to death.

Even for local kids, I can't think off the top of my head of any that didn't visit and then signed here. They probably exist, but the fact that one doesn't come to mind tells you that it is incredibly rare.

Some kids just want to leave the area. This kid seems like one of them. The WR from STA last year comes to mind. His name escapes me..Is what it is. We got alot of DB prospects down here that still are on the radar. Rashard Fenton and Antonio Howard are two that come to mind. Davante Davis and Tyrek Cole become full court press priorities at this point.

Even for local kids, I can't think off the top of my head of any that didn't visit and then signed here. They probably exist, but the fact that one doesn't come to mind tells you that it is incredibly rare.

yeah, no matter how many obscure instances you can find over the years, no OV usually means no commitment. A local kid will always want to take an OV because his friends probably will be as well.

Advertisement
Man Davante Davis was beasting out there this past weekend. I expect his stock to rise greatly this season. Not afraid of contact, he initiates it.

I like Davante more than Carlton. And I think Irvin fits that nickel/safety way better than Carlton.

I know Carlton will blow up too and this is not a knock on him what I'm going to say cause I mentioned this way back. Carlton not consistent yet but lot of potential. Davante more potential and consistent. Davante is the better Davis and from a pipeline.

Also, I don't get a good vibe on Carlton anymore. Don't think he wants to be here. He's talented and I would take him, but their is still legit guys on the board.

Give me a DB class of

CB: Cole, Davante

CB/S: Irvin

S: Jaquan, SBB

And maybe Cronk as possible safety too.

A+ haul and realistic. Need to get SBB on board though, will get interesting with him pending how well we do this year.

Last edited:
Sick to read that thread and those dudes don't even want him, clowning on him, while we would have been ecstatic. Never in a million years understand a kid leaving Miami to go to ******* Ohio.

Also to note carlton said his commitment should be considered soft so no guarantee he sticks just got to see how things shake up.

Advertisement
I actually have a bad feeling we're about to strike out on our top like 5 targets at DB.

Remember when many weren't the least bit concerned that Ryan Mayes was the only corner we added on NSD because the 2015 crop of DBs was absolutely loaded?

There's still plenty of time to change things, but as it stands right now...

- Minkah Fitzpatrick was always a pipe dream and committed elsewhere long ago.
- It's highly unlikely that we'll be able to land Marcus Lewis.
- Carlton Davis just committed elsewhere tonight, but is keeping his recruitment open.
- Former "heavy Cane leans" Irvin and Jaquan seem like they'll be extremely tough pulls, which is not what many thought months ago.
- Former "heavy Cane lean" SBB committed to Bama months ago.
- We're surprisingly not even recruiting Causey.

Hard to imagine us landing a respectable percentage of our top DB targets unless there is dramatic defensive turnaround and a far more aggressive approach in the secondary.

Why does Jaquan seem like an extremely tuff pull? Think the verbal was just fo sho?

UM

I actually have a bad feeling we're about to strike out on our top like 5 targets at DB.

Remember when many weren't the least bit concerned that Ryan Mayes was the only corner we added on NSD because the 2015 crop of DBs was absolutely loaded?

There's still plenty of time to change things, but as it stands right now...

- Minkah Fitzpatrick was always a pipe dream and committed elsewhere long ago.
- It's highly unlikely that we'll be able to land Marcus Lewis.
- Carlton Davis just committed elsewhere tonight, but is keeping his recruitment open.
- Former "heavy Cane leans" Irvin and Jaquan seem like they'll be extremely tough pulls, which is not what many thought months ago.
- Former "heavy Cane lean" SBB committed to Bama months ago.
- We're surprisingly not even recruiting Causey.

Hard to imagine us landing a respectable percentage of our top DB targets unless there is dramatic defensive turnaround and a far more aggressive approach in the secondary.

Why does Jaquan seem like an extremely tuff pull? Think the verbal was just fo sho?

UM

Posted that before Jaquan committed, obviously. Thrilled to have been wrong.

found interesting so thought I'd share

Dylan Freeman. who's an OhioSt insider, just crystal-balled Carlton Davis to UM..where there's smoke?

edit: just noticed Safid Deen also crystal-balled him to Miami on Tuesday

Last edited:
Advertisement

Dylan Freeman. who's an OhioSt insider, just crystal-balled Carlton Davis to UM..where there's smoke?

He would be a big pick-up.

As I said yesterday when people were all up and arms about the kid from 'Bama, there are plenty of South Florida kids who are "on the board" to be had later in the cycle.

Jackson is simply to make sure that you don't strike out.

If we finish the season with a pulse and a bowl win

Carlton Davis
Devante Davis
Marcus Lewis

Will all be Canes.

Golden sucks right now, but don't overreact.

Someone should tell Carlton because he still seems all Ohio St....

Advertisement
Back