Canyon Barry's finalists

Rick Barry was on a radio show and said Canyon's style fits Louisville, but he probably won't go there because he's worried about not getting to play in the NCAAT.

Advertisement
He's visiting us in May, after final exams. Apparently L recruited him out of high school but didn't have a spot so didn't offer.

I'm of the mindset that having a HoF'er around the program is a net positive but I wonder if there's any reservation in Hecht about having the kid of someone as outspoken at times as Rick Barry on the team?

Advertisement
Don't ever get your hopes up with anything involving Rick Barry and this program or school.

Advertisement
I hope Coach L takes his ******* jersey down, ****es on it, unretires it, and gives it to a retarded walk on in a wheelchair.

Have heard that Rick was not happy that Miami did not initially recruit him out of HS. Also, Rick wanted the job when Larranaga was hired

I keep hearing Rick wanted the job. That's great, I want to own an island. He has like a 4 year USBL coaching career on his resume. As for recruiting his son, we did recruit him, we didn't have space, and didn't offer him. Also, if he was so highly regarded, why didn't Florida take him 4 years ago? Why did he go to Charleston? Rick Barry can go **** himself

Canyon Berry obviously felt that UF was the best spot for him. I'm not mad at him or Rick Barry. He would have been a nice addition for one year but he is not what we really need.

Advertisement
NS easy on the ****** comment. I get the sentiment. Rick is a Smug f***. I have two degrees, one is from the University of Miami I am in a wheelchair and clearly not retarded. However, plenty of people use that stigma to define me in the job market so please don't help them any further.

Dont-even-care-snap-snap-GIF.gif

Advertisement
This kid is smarter than I initially thought and that is saying something

Agreed. He'll get to pad his stats in a weak conference and since he wont be in the big tournament at the end of the season he'll have an extra week to study for school. You make a good point.
The Gators will make the tournament Barry was the missing piece

Canyon Barry will start for UF next year. He wouldn't start here, and would have to battle Muhammad for minutes coming off the bench, so this isn't really a surprise.

I definitely would have taken him, because additional depth is never a bad thing, but as others have said, we have bigger needs.

I'm really hoping we can land Derryck Thornton, he's visiting us pretty soon

This kid is smarter than I initially thought and that is saying something

Agreed. He'll get to pad his stats in a weak conference and since he wont be in the big tournament at the end of the season he'll have an extra week to study for school. You make a good point.
The Gators will make the tournament Barry was the missing piece

LOL

UF will be lucky to make the NIT. They suck, with or without Barry. Can't wait to beat them yet again next year

Canyon Barry will start for UF next year. He wouldn't start here, and would have to battle Muhammad for minutes coming off the bench, so this isn't really a surprise.

I definitely would have taken him, because additional depth is never a bad thing, but as others have said, we have bigger needs.

I'm really hoping we can land Derryck Thornton, he's visiting us pretty soon

Too bad Thornton doesn't help this year. Newton backed up by a freshman does not inspire confidence. We also need a big. Hopefully Izundu is bulking up to fill Jekiri's role because Murphy isn't a big bruiser and neither is Huell. The other freshman big sounds like a redshirt candidate.

Advertisement
Back