Can't believe Georgia ******* Tech

Advertisement
if this team is truly on a turnaround as a result of that game and it feeds into the remainder of manny's tenure (however long that is), then im fine with it. team has taken off since that loss and team meeting

Unfortunately these are the type of losses (ones that should never happen) that first year head coaches have on their resume. People do not appreciate how critical a head coach is to a teams demeanor. If you go look at head coaches first seasons (meaning moved up the latter to their first HC position) you will see the following in spades:

1. Team comes out really flat after bye weeks.
2. Poor clock management. Both in use of timeouts, two minute drill, delay of games, etc
3. Poor personnel management - playing a walk on to save a red shirt, low snap count for bad fall camp - Rousseau, playing hardball with walk on kicker by suspending him while your scholarship has shown he cannot get the job done
4. Inexcusable play execution (new coach, new ideas, bad call/execution) - hello 4 and 17. Or not going with the flyer on a punt when in protect - hello GT.
5. Lots of dumb penalties.
6. Allowing the team to move away from whats working in the game to "the type of football we will play" - QB under center, etc.
7. Inconsistent play through out the season.

Look there are more, but the point is Manny had to learn how to become a head coach. We were going to have these pains - I knew we would lose the UF game and predicated we would drop 2-3 more that we shouldn't. Not because we couldn't beat UF, but because of all the items listed above - Muller may not be a great coach, but he is not push over either (we needed our A games to beat them. Even without our A game we almost beat them - tell you just how good our talent is to overcome some dumb stuff). There is no excuse to us losing to GT, UNC, or VT this year. But we had a HC that was learning the ropes. Will he be a good or great HC? Jury is still out. I wouldn't be surprised if we win out and kill our opponent in the bowl game. I also wouldn't be surprised we struggle in first half to FIU (coming out of bye), lose to Duke, and get blown up in the bowl. Anything is possible with a first year head coach. Question is Manny HC material, if so how fast will it take him to learn the job. We shall see. The rest of this season and next will tell.

Advertisement
... or not making a single stop on 4th and 17, or not missing a FG vs unc, or not gifting vt a 28-0 lead, or not missing an XP vs VT, etc. It sucks, but it is what it is. Let's finish the season on a 6 game win streak and send a message for 2020 in our bowl game. Thats all we can control now.
Who knows. Maybe if we win the gtech game we don't get our **** together and lose to Pitt and FSU. Just because we lost that game doesn't mean the rest of the season would have played out the same way. May have been a blessing in disguise.

Who knows. Maybe if we win the gtech game we don't get our **** together and lose to Pitt and FSU. Just because we lost that game doesn't mean the rest of the season would have played out the same way. May have been a blessing in disguise.
Definitely could be true. If we finish strong and win our next three games, I think we will look back at GT/VT as a blessing in disguise.

Advertisement
That's some pathetic *** coward sh-t right there.

Lol no it’s not... Clemson would blow this team out without sweating. It’s the reality of the situation and this program doesn’t need recruits that we have less than a 10% chance of getting anyway to watch us get blown out on national tv.

You shouldve seen butch lose to ECU......twice.

I guess if I had to pick, the beating in 1996 at the OB was the trashiest loss to the more garbage team.

I was at that game, but had managed to compartmentalize the Clement/Covington-led embarassment to some dark recess of my brain. I suddenly feel a strong urge to drink... excessively.

Advertisement
Lol no it’s not... Clemson would blow this team out without sweating. It’s the reality of the situation and this program doesn’t need recruits that we have less than a 10% chance of getting anyway to watch us get blown out on national tv.

Like they blew out North Carolina.

4th and 17 vs UNC
3 missed FG’s at GT
Just one of those plays and we’re in the ACC title game

Then there’s the UF game that had about 8 game game changing plays and if one of them goes differently we win.

This season has been brutal.
Those plays are the difference between 2017 and 2019. Clutch catches by Darrell Langham against FSU and GT in 2017. Game winning FG against GT in 2017 after the clutch 4th down catch by Langham vs missed chip shot field goal(s) in 2019. We could be 9-1 or even 10-0 right now even though we are just now playing our best ball. That's the frustrating part.

Advertisement
That loss is completely unforgivable.

TO A HIGH SCHOOL SQUAD.

But let's continue with "Diaz needs more time".

For what? To lose to Florida A&M? Liberty? Barry University?

Yes..I know they dob't even have a squad...thats my point.

Pretty sure hoping we don't win our division so we aren't required to play the opponent that awaits us in the conference championship would fall under this definition:

cow·ard
/ˈkou(ə)rd/
noun
a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

TO A HIGH SCHOOL SQUAD.

But let's continue with "Diaz needs more time".

For what? To lose to Florida A&M? Liberty? Barry University?

Yes..I know they dob't even have a squad...thats my point.
To make sure I'm clear, you're advocating for Manny and the staff to all be fired right now?

Based on our performance over the last 3 weeks, I would say there is some truth to that.

That's just BS coach speak where he throws the kids under the bus while he attempts to dig himself out of being completely in over his head.

And the idiots gobble it up every time.

Advertisement
Back