Caneville Clowns

Advertisement
I’ve never listened to them and never had a strong opinion one way or the other. What I know about them is what I’ve seen here. Tbh I could give zero ***** about any of these Twitter Canes people. Especially the ones that seem to be clout chasing or trying to start unnecessary drama. So you can go cape for them to somebody else.
Its not cape its an opinion, caping is what everybody does for u on here lol

And if u haven’t seen much its clownish to speak like u have, and if u really didn’t care about the twitter people or dont know them how can u call them clout chasers or trying to start drama if u never heard them or anything lol. And calling them jacurriville and saying the picked this side or whatever is a strong opinion and giving a ****

he certainly did throw those dimes and I alluded to it, but if you want to play college football at the University of Miami you cannot throw those dimes and then throw that ball in the dirt.

So you didn't see Emory missing a wide open crosser by 5 yds.? Basically what I'm saying is, Emory and Jacurri made allowable mistakes that we would've won a game despite of, Judds pick six would've actually cost us a game. And I went back and watched the whole Spring Game instead of the highlights, and I will concede that Emory performed slightly better, He had a nice shot across the middle to Kirk that resulted in YAC.

They’ve chose JB over UM and we all know why. They’ve forgotten what pays the bills. It’s not JB. Last I checked it’s “Caneville”, not Jacurriville. They chose the wrong horse.
For context...Canesville yesterday porsted, [paraphrasing] "we ain't going nowhere!" and then some brain dead supporter of theirs added, "people saying bye to JB and take Canesville witcha in the portal...blah blah blah"...

both porsts have since been since deleted by this morning...funny how they aren't so loudmouthed about it now...

Hopefully they course correct their behavior and become productive and positive contributors to the overall Miami Hurricanes ecosystem...we all want to see success on and off the field for the program in the right ways...

Me being the shy wallflower that I am merely porsted in reponse to Canesville's, "keep playing they gone find out lol..." 👇👇👇👇

Screenshot_20240417_090052_X.jpg

Advertisement
So you didn't see Emory missing a wide open crosser by 5 yds.? Basically what I'm saying is, Emory and Jacurri made allowable mistakes that we would've won a game despite of, Judds pick six would've actually cost us a game. And I went back and watched the whole Spring Game instead of the highlights, and I will concede that Emory performed slightly better, He had a nice shot across the middle to Kirk that resulted in YAC.
Emory and Jacurri both played well imo (relatively speaking)

Actually the throw from Jacurri I liked the most was the one where he hit Carr across the middle. We know Jacurri has a big arm downfield but that timing route with a fast receiver into tight coverage was one that I thought was nice

They still cover all canes news lol its funny how one moment can make yall change whatever opinions yall had on someone. They have been pro canes for a decade **** near but now they think jacurri is qb2 and its jacurriville
They know they game they are/were trying to play.

The problem is, they don't know they aren't bright enough to play said game my friend.

Big difference.

Yes, like beating Clemson.

That is a good one.

Like almost beating FSU, and possibly doing so if not for breaking his arm.
You don't win the ACC with a QB that averages under 7 per attempt.
McCord just got deported to Syracuse at 9.3.

It's okay to admit Emory and Brown suck because they do. They're both G5 QB's at best

Advertisement
You don't win the ACC with a QB that averages under 7 per attempt.
McCord just got deported to Syracuse at 9.3.

It's okay to admit Emory and Brown suck because they do. They're both G5 QB's at best

The issue with Brown you have to build the whole offense around him to suit his skill set which may limit chances for some of the offensive talent we have brought in. I would not say Emory sucks yet. I think he can still develop into a game manager as long as he has the talent around him- not unlike Steve Walsh back in the day. I think they had the training wheels on him last year so Dawson called more conservative plays. We can't expect a guy like Ward every recruiting cycle. Even Georgia won with a guy like Stetson Bennett.

i did, but we aren't talking about Emory, but JB and an issue that seems to be uncorrectable.

do you know whether he in fact refused to play during 2023?

Advertisement
For context...Canesville yesterday porsted, [paraphrasing] "we ain't going nowhere!" and then some brain dead supporter of theirs added, "people saying bye to JB and take Canesville witcha in the portal...blah blah blah"...

both porsts have since been since deleted by this morning...funny how they aren't so loudmouthed about it now...

Hopefully they course correct their behavior and become productive and positive contributors to the overall Miami Hurricanes ecosystem...we all want to see success on and off the field for the program in the right ways...

Me being the shy wallflower that I am merely porsted in reponse to Canesville's, "keep playing they gone find out lol..." 👇👇👇👇

View attachment 286988
@Empirical Cane is on Twitter and it has crashed???????????????

I listen to several podcasters and media regarding U. of Miami football and UM sports in general. What I posted previously is what I've listened to from several people who attend the practices. I realize everyone are amateurs and most of the credentialed media are writers not football analysts.

So, here's a few snippets from podcasts in the last 48 hours. They are discussing the backup QB situation. They refer to the last 2 scrimmages by all accounts they attended. Basically, they are saying what I have listened to from other podcasters over the past several weeks. I didn't want to waste time going back digging the other podcasts. These are fresh.

For context, X and FLo attend the scrimmages and practices. Flo did play QB in college. He watches film and is able to break down what he sees. They both have a close ear to the team because of their grassroots with local players. They have said, the players see what they are seeing as well.

In this first one, you have X from Caneville, with Steve Kim, and there's some guy that sounds like his name is Dave that attended the scrimmages. There's a question and comment from a fan which should not be confused with X, Dave, and, Steve Kim's comments. Steve comments about 9-10 minutes into discussion where I clipped it.

I believe all of these guys are just Miami Hurricanes fans at heart and are giving their honest assessments.

Summarizing Podcast #1 Caneville:
X - Thinks the QB situation is close with Reese, Emory, and Jaccuri. Says, whoever plays better in the Spring game should be QB 2.

Dave - Says he likes Jaccuri, but Reese is good and has outplayed him.

Steve Kim - Says he doesn't think Jaccuri is a fit for the offense and should transfer to a school where his skillset can shine.

X and Dave - Both say Emory hasn't played well and is the clear #4. X kind of contradicts his comment of it being a fairly even competition.

Summarizing Podcast #2 Miami Flo:
Flo - Says Reese is the clear backup. Says Emory and Reese taking all the #2 snaps is sending a message to Jaccuri he's being pushed out as FLo says Emory has not played well most of the Spring and Jaccuri is not behind Emory from what he has seen. He thinks there are "shenanigans' going on. He said, "Anybody that knows football can't say Emory's had a better Spring than Jacurri."

These takes are what I have heard over the past few weeks from others. This points back to my original comments of opposing assessments of the QB room from several media who have attended practices and scrimmages.

So all of this drama is about...whether Jacurri should have been #3 or #4?

Strange.

Advertisement
You know who else had a strong arm and threw dimes? TVD. Of course, he also had stretches where he made stupid mistakes. Keeping someone because they might throw a dime because you've seen them do it isn't necessarily a great strategy.

You have summed up (quite well) the core of how people take extreme binary positions.

If a person sees a great play from a favored player, the halo effect kicks in, and most of the bad plays just get dismissed.

If a person sees a mistake from a player he expects to transfer out, then the good plays are ignored, and the player becomes the worst-ever.

Reality is somewhere in between.

To everyone who has said "Jacurri sucks, Jacurri has terrible accuracy, Jacurri needs to change position", I have been consistent in my responses for quite some time. Jacurri has been inconsistent. He follows a GREAT pass with a bounce pass. And that is the problem.

And that's where "lack of trust" enters in. I am optimistic that our coaches can extract improvement from our players. But when a player is SO up-and-down, the coaches lose trust in what they can do on the field. It's not like anyone thought Jacurri was going to steal wallets out of the locker room, just that they don't know what to expect when he drops back to pass.

If we got "GOAT Jacurri" 75%-80% of the time, he'd be the starter. But when we get "WOAT Jacurri" 50% of the time, the coaches turn to other players who are younger (Emory) or newer (Reese) in the hopes that they can develop THOSE guys.

You have summed up (quite well) the core of how people take extreme binary positions.

If a person sees a great play from a favored player, the halo effect kicks in, and most of the bad plays just get dismissed.

If a person sees a mistake from a player he expects to transfer out, then the good plays are ignored, and the player becomes the worst-ever.

Reality is somewhere in between.

To everyone who has said "Jacurri sucks, Jacurri has terrible accuracy, Jacurri needs to change position", I have been consistent in my responses for quite some time. Jacurri has been inconsistent. He follows a GREAT pass with a bounce pass. And that is the problem.

And that's where "lack of trust" enters in. I am optimistic that our coaches can extract improvement from our players. But when a player is SO up-and-down, the coaches lose trust in what they can do on the field. It's not like anyone thought Jacurri was going to steal wallets out of the locker room, just that they don't know what to expect when he drops back to pass.

If we got "GOAT Jacurri" 75%-80% of the time, he'd be the starter. But when we get "WOAT Jacurri" 50% of the time, the coaches turn to other players who are younger (Emory) or newer (Reese) in the hopes that they can develop THOSE guys.
See Jameis Winston's 30 TD, 30 INT season for evidence.

Advertisement
Back