Caneville Clowns

Unfortunately Brooklyn negative publicity is 10x the $ positive is….

I’m not downplaying JB feels a bit hurt. Anyone that has played football above the HS level and hasn’t dominated in every point has felt this way.

I can’t speak to him asking about a QBs coach the SUMMER prior to him asking for a RS. But if they held him back from working with a private QB coach during the year or after that’s crazy. My assumption would be they wouldn’t want him working working with a private QB coach the summer before his Sophmore year is because they wanted him to be a leader and warrior in the film room and actually push TVD for the starting spot.
People gotta stop with all the hypocritical **** on here. We complain about the fact Mario wants to run the ball opposed to airing it out. Yet those same people want to see jacurri get a bigger role like he's able to do anything consistently other than run the ball. Like we didn't all watch him short hopping bubble screens at receivers in the bowl game. I'm not gonna speak on the QB coach stuff and wether or not he was stopped from seeing someone. If it makes sense for y'all then run with it.

Advertisement
I literally told the Caneville people I thought the tweet and the comments today were unnecessary. They didn’t say anything about race. Coach coop made it about race. They genuinely believe that Jacurri is better than Emory and based on the bowl game he should’ve had more opportunities.

They are also privy to information that happened during the season that rubbed them the wrong way about how the coaches handled JB. For example, they were told the coaches told JB they didn’t want him to get an outside QB coach last summer. That in itself is insane. There were multiple things that they have brought up where if they are true, would make it seem like our coaches are either idiots, liars, or just flat out do not mess with JB.

For them it’s a compounding effect. Where they feel this kid is being mistreated. Who am I or anyone else on this board to say if it’s true or not. There are three sides to every story.

Bringing it up today was just being petty. This has been building up for some time. The unfortunate part of today’s CFB is that you build relationships with some players but odds are that person especially if it’s a quarterback, will probably transfer at some point. You can’t fight every battle. There’s too much positivity to lie on this hill. JB has to go somewhere else and prove people right or wrong it’s that simple.
So why wouldnt you want him to get an outside QB coach to work with to help him get better? The coaches can only spend so much time with the players right?!? Kids do this all the time.

Im tryna figure out when street or caneville said anything about race?

They just believe jacurri should he above emory and competing for #2 like multiple other media people do too lol.

Seem like yall tryna deflect from their opinion and platform by just pushing it off as race bating.

People pushing narratives like that and that they have some type of hate towards dmoney is how this board becomes cult like where they just bash anyone that isn’t on here

It's clout chasing and it was obvious from the start what they were alluding to. Possibly influence by that hack Uncle Luke.

I love what Caneville is doing for the community and they bring a different vibe to sports media. However, they took a fat ******* L from Mario and a deserved one. That's the kind of **** that gets you annihilated immediately.

Actually, I think you’ve hit it more on the head than anybody else, in the sense that this hurts JB more than it could ever help him. Which makes me think they don’t really care about JB that much anyway. Either that, or they are just not thinking things through.

I think another possible explanation is they’re just trying to stir the pot and bring attention to themselves and their brand, which is sort of what they should be doing, but to do it this way, I don’t know, I don’t think this helps them and it certainly doesn’t help JB, not from my perspective
I think Streeter is really trying to go to bat for JB. He has talked about getting to know JB and his family over the past 2 years.

I just think it's not his place as a member of the media to do so and the biggest thing is that it doesn't help. Coaches are human. They have so much to deal with and they don't want or need the drama surrounding their players. This is why when parents get involved, Mario says, "Come get your kid."

JB is a great young man, but people have to let things play out. JB has to compete. If it doesn't work out at Miami, he can go be great at another program. That's just life.

Advertisement
… I still don’t get why everyone claims Jacurri is a 4.4 athlete. Like can anyone explain that to me? Is that close to accurate? Cause I have seen nothing on tape that even remotely suggests that. Dude has legit 4ypc. Sure it is a limited sample size, but given he isn’t accurate or a developed passer yet, you would think he’d have actually shown some high level play making ability on the ground given the level some people are riding for him… but I’ve never seen such a difference in perception vs actual reality. Yeah dude is built like Cam and Anthony Richardson, But that is where the similarities end.

If he really were a 4.4 guy, he’d already have switched to wr imo.

Also most importantly if I were the HC the ONLY way I’d be interpreting media members like this going so hard on this is literally if that player was *****ing to the media about it. So when Caneville and U cle Luke are saying Jacurri isn’t getting a real opportunity to compete and that he was “lied to about being the future”…that to me would be interpreted as Jacurri leaking that to the media, which would lead me to give him even less reps. It’s worse than a player having a parent contact the coaches…

Even if Jacirri wanted to stay here, this is the type of thing that forces him out. All cause a reporter is getting all emotional about 3rd vs 4th string battle in spring.

Last edited:
lol so much drama over who's 3rd or 4th string. I mean seriously who gives a ****? I seriously don't want to see either one of them play this year. Can we go back to *****ing about Lou taking first string snaps? The masters is on tv and we're worried about depth charts....
Lou “earned” it. He didn’t nephewative it in any way. Bruh.

It's clout chasing and it was obvious from the start what they were alluding to. Possibly influence by that hack Uncle Luke.

I love what Caneville is doing for the community and they bring a different vibe to sports media. However, they took a fat ******* L from Mario and a deserved one. That's the kind of **** that gets you annihilated immediately.
It seems that that L is not enough, they are looking for more:

Advertisement
Streeter went on the Canes Unfiltered space (on Twitter) and asked the guys if they were cool with Reese being QB2. When everyone said yes, he was shocked because he expected them to say no and agree with him. He’s harping on the fact that Reese was at a small school. They argued that while Reese was at a small school, he produced and JB hasn’t done much of anything to prove he is worthy of QB2. Though he didn’t come out and say it, he implied that it was a race-thing because Reese and Emory are ahead of JB. Which doesn’t make sense since our QB1 is black. He also thought that because JB was our starting QB in the bowl game, he should have a higher ranking on the depth chart, as if we had another QB to play anyway…. Let’s just say, those guys were ON HIS *** in that space when he thought they were gonna co-sign with him.

In my opinion, the fact that he (or anyone) is crying about who is QB3/QB4, during Spring is insane….

Streeter went on the Canes Unfiltered space (on Twitter) and asked the guys if they were cool with Reese being QB2. When everyone said yes, he was shocked because he expected them to say no and agree with him. He’s harping on the fact that Reese was at a small school. They argued that while Reese was at a small school, he produced and JB hasn’t done much of anything to prove he is worthy of QB2. Though he didn’t come out and say it, he implied that it was a race-thing because Reese and Emory are ahead of JB. Which doesn’t make sense since our QB1 is black. He also thought that because JB was our starting QB in the bowl game, he should have a higher ranking on the depth chart, as if we had another QB to play anyway…. Let’s just say, those guys were ON HIS *** in that space when he thought they were gonna co-sign with him.

In my opinion, the fact that he (or anyone) is crying about who is QB3/QB4, during Spring is insane….
He didn’t imply it was a race thing i was in that space idk why yall keep trying to put that in this. He said we have had jacurri here and he looked better than emory in games after barely getting practice reps all year.

He said when did the qb battle happen to have jacurri automatically at qb4 entering spring? He said that didn’t make sense from what we saw in the games. And with poff he’s saying we have seen jacurri at least play at this level and show good enough signs for it to at least be a competition..

None of that is race related its just his opinion lol everyone can disagree but people just bashing or saying its race is just a cop out because it goes against what mario wants to push

And i agree, we got cam ward im not worried about qb3 or 4 but i just hope this isn’t a sign that favoritism is in play with decisions here

Staff could give AF about any reporter. None of them contribute any tangible value and MC could give AF about offending the street.
And yet..Canesville still has their media credentials. A lowly local podcast run by some brothas with no journalism degrees. Imagine that. I’m not defending them, but most of you don’t go outside clearly. All good. We all support the Canes so I support all media outlets that ride with the program I love.

Advertisement
And all this fuss over a kid who clearly isn’t very good at QB and his athleticism at the P5 level is clearly overrated. So I’m not sure exactly what he’s good at. If he’s smart, he would portal out and go down to FCS. Barring a miracle, he won’t play QB here.

Lol “two months ago Jacurri Brown was the starting quarterback”. I mean, yeah. He was the only healthy scholarship quarterback on the roster. At this point, it’s probably just in his best interest to transfer. As far as him being treated unfairly, that’s laughable because he could have been gone before the bowl game if he was really that unhappy at UM. He could have transferred in the first transfer portal opening if he wanted to but he stayed. So it’s not an issue of him being treated poorly like some folks want it to be. I think the bigger issue is his skill set doesn’t match what we’re doing offensively. This isn’t a heavy zone read/RPO style offense. It’s not really designed for a run first guy. Brown would be better suited to play in a scheme that was more similar to what Rhett Lashlee ran here with D’Eriq King where a majority of the offense is centered around designed QB runs and the passing game takes advantage of defenses overplaying the run. Brown is never going to be Cam Ward, a pass first guy who can run it if need be. He’s a runner first.

As for certain media groups. There’s a cheat code to gain internet clout these days and it’s not surprising so many people use it. Just say inflammatory ****. All the time. Even if you don’t really believe it. Nothing will drive content more than getting a bunch of people mad at you and arguing on your social media posts. Tag as many people as you can and try to flame the whole thing as much as possible. It’s how irrelevant people stay relevant these days. Oh ****, nobody’s been paying you much attention? Just say something ridiculous. Make it as inflammatory as possible. Go for hot button topics like race or politics or religion. Guaranteed to get the short term attention you’re craving. While also giving your media clicks and views and bringing you more ad dollars.

He didn’t imply it was a race thing i was in that space idk why yall keep trying to put that in this. He said we have had jacurri here and he looked better than emory in games after barely getting practice reps all year.

He said when did the qb battle happen to have jacurri automatically at qb4 entering spring? He said that didn’t make sense from what we saw in the games. And with poff he’s saying we have seen jacurri at least play at this level and show good enough signs for it to at least be a competition..

None of that is race related its just his opinion lol everyone can disagree but people just bashing or saying its race is just a cop out because it goes against what mario wants to push

And i agree, we got cam ward im not worried about qb3 or 4 but i just hope this isn’t a sign that favoritism is in play with decisions here
Disagree. I listened to that space. He moved off his implied "racism" schtick to "it's about business" as the space played out. He all but said that JB was getting moved down and out so his NIL could be used for other players. He talked about the younger guys being "cheaper", etc. He's hung up on JB and it's going to bite him in the butt. When he couldn't get people to agree with him he just left the space.

A few of the guys on that space asked him why he was all out on JB like he is. He claims that "someone has to watch his back" since JB doesn't have family down in So. Fla.

If his intention is truly so honorable, he has gone about it in the worst possible way.

And btw, he was also on with Coach Hayes the other night. He tried to get him to agree with him and it was pretty obvious how uncomfortable Coach Hayes was with the whole conversation. He changed the subject as fast as he could

I see he is at it again this morning.

Advertisement
It seems that that L is not enough, they are looking for more:

What led to this shift? Hmm. Let's start at the beginning. Last offseason Jacurri said he wanted to redshirt. So last season that's what he did. Its true that Jacurri was the starting QB a few months ago for the Bowl game. What led to this? TVD was on his way out via the portal so he wasn't going to play for Miami. Emory Williams had a broken arm/wrist so he was out. That left Jacurri and walkons.

So now a few months later in spring Jacurri is 4th string. What led to this shift? Well we signed Cam Ward one of the best if not the best QB available in the portal to be the starter. Before that we signed Reece Poffenbarger who has had years of starting experience and who has thrown for a ton of yardage at Albany. Reece's talent has translated to this level as he has been excellent all spring. He is currently #2 behind Ward by virtue of his play. Emory Williams is back for Spring and after an uneven start he has really come on the past 2 weeks and is pushing Poff but is currently #3. That leaves Jacurri at #4.

Jacurri Brown is a fine young man but he has shown time and again that he just doesn't have the requisite skillset to operate in Dawson's offense. His wildly inconsistent mechanics prevent him from being anywhere near the type of accuracy needed to run this offense or any other offense where the passing concepts require an accurate passer who can read the pre and post snap pictures and attack the defense, adjust the protection, maybe change the play all based on that. He is #4 because that is what he had earned not because there is some racially based agenda to sabotage his career.

Disagree. I listened to that space. He moved off his implied "racism" schtick to "it's about business" as the space played out. He all but said that JB was getting moved down and out so his NIL could be used for other players. He talked about the younger guys being "cheaper", etc. He's hung up on JB and it's going to bite him in the butt. When he couldn't get people to agree with him he just left the space.

A few of the guys on that space asked him why he was all out on JB like he is. He claims that "someone has to watch his back" since JB doesn't have family down in So. Fla.

If his intention is truly so honorable, he has gone about it in the worst possible way.

And btw, he was also on with Coach Hayes the other night. He tried to get him to agree with him and it was pretty obvious how uncomfortable Coach Hayes was with the whole conversation. He changed the subject as fast as he could

I see he is at it again this morning.
I’ve heard him talk about this 1000 times lol its not about race he genuinely thinks jacurri isn’t getting a fair chance. Whether he’s wrong or right i disagree that its race baiting, maybe yall just hear a snippet of it to get that opinion but its not that

And he isn’t the only one who feels that way multiple people have said it. Staff seems to favor emory more and thats cool but other people got different opinions

Again, I want to know if he tried to get a private qb coach and was told not to by the staff. Why would he be discouraged from trying to get better on his own time. Players all over the country do this, even players on our team.

Advertisement
Back