Caneville Clowns

1712924192369.png

Advertisement
People gotta stop with all the hypocritical **** on here. We complain about the fact Mario wants to run the ball opposed to airing it out. Yet those same people want to see jacurri get a bigger role like he's able to do anything consistently other than run the ball. Like we didn't all watch him short hopping bubble screens at receivers in the bowl game. I'm not gonna speak on the QB coach stuff and wether or not he was stopped from seeing someone. If it makes sense for y'all then run with it.

I’ll just say this and move on.

He’s a great kid.

The people who surround and advise him are solid, but are admittedly biased.

He’s bad in practice.

He’s worse in scrimmages and we’ve all seen the games.

Three years in and his mechanics have only marginally improved.

He’s an NFL-level athlete. He should focus on getting $. I don’t know what other position he can play, but I know it’s not QB.

I agree but he’s saying when did poff and Emory jump jacurri? He’s saying entering spring jacurri was already 4th. That and with mario saying poff and emory are on cam heels kinda blew this up, because we all know thats a lie and just a way to push someone out
Poff is definitely the legit number two. After that, you’ve got Inaccurate Jacurri vs weaker armed messed up mechanics Emory, neither of whom should be a real option. The whole thing at 3 vs 4 is odd. Like you can argue either should be 3 not 4 and it would be reasonable.

Im tryna figure out when street or caneville said anything about race?

They just believe jacurri should he above emory and competing for #2 like multiple other media people do too lol.

Seem like yall tryna deflect from their opinion and platform by just pushing it off as race bating.

People pushing narratives like that and that they have some type of hate towards dmoney is how this board becomes cult like where they just bash anyone that isn’t on here

Can you help me understand what you’re trying to say here?

Are you saying that Brown deserves to compete for QB2 when he can barely complete a forward pass in practice?

Thankfully I’ve seen two practices this spring.

Neither Williams or Brown are anything close to Poff’s skill level. They may be hyping up the QB’s competing for 2nd string to keep one here, so that the room doesn’t empty out all at once.

Both should be more concerned about Anderson stealing their reps than them beating Poff for anything at any point.

Both guys (Williams and Brown) suck.

Advertisement
I’ll just say this and move on.

He’s a great kid.

The people who surround and advise him are solid, but are admittedly biased.

He’s bad in practice.

He’s worse in scrimmages and we’ve all seen the games.

Three years in and his mechanics have only marginally improved.

He’s an NFL-level athlete. He should focus on getting $. I don’t know what other position he can play, but I know it’s not QB.
Respect to you because you are more plugged in then me..but im not seeing this NFL athlete that everyone is seeing. Im not saying hes not a good athlete..but people were throwing around the name "Vince Young" as a comparison athlete wise and Vince Young he is not.

Poff is definitely the legit number two. After that, you’ve got Inaccurate Jacurri vs weaker armed messed up mechanics Emory, neither of whom should be a real option. The whole thing at 3 vs 4 is odd. Like you can argue either should be 3 not 4 and it would be reasonable.
The whole point for JB should be not about if you are 3 or 4 but whether you ever have a shot heading into year three of becoming 1 here Development wise. I like him a lot. Wish they got him on the field in some way. But it also seems he’s not on a path to being 1. He has to do what is right for him all around. So does Miami.

The question in and of itself isn’t unfair though it’s relatively unimportant in terms of whole team for 2024 season other than portal implications but to act like there wasn’t another undertone behind the question that made it multilevel not just a depth chart thing is not being honest. I listen to them to. I’m aware some say players also have questions about the order. But potentially being in the doghouse or on the outs or coaches even being wrong on evaluation or up for debate is one thing…then low key injecting other motives into it but acting like they or now luke aren’t is wild.

This whole thing is wash and repeat around this program and Luke now as we move into the next episode of if you don’t like my guy I’m gonna come for the program. And often they aren’t even greentree all American level

Are you saying that Brown deserves to compete for QB2 when he can barely complete a forward pass in practice?

Neither Williams or Brown are anything close to Poff’s skill level. They may be hyping up the QB’s competing for 2nd string to keep one here, so that the room doesn’t empty out all at once.

Both should be more concerned about Anderson stealing their reps than them beating Poff for anything at any point.

Im saying that caneville point isn’t about race bating , he actually believes jacurri isn’t getting a fair chance based off what he’s seen and information he’s heard

Me myself isn’t concerned with much about that competition even tho i do think jacurri is better than emory, i was just saying people pushing aside others opinions because they think its race baiting or any other false narrative is wrong and why this board cam be corny at times lol

I agree but he’s saying when did poff and Emory jump jacurri? He’s saying entering spring jacurri was already 4th. That and with mario saying poff and emory are on cam heels kinda blew this up, because we all know thats a lie and just a way to push someone out
What on Earth makes you think Jacurri is better? Seriously

Who threw the worst balls last year and it not even being close?

Jacurri

Like what world are we living in.

Advertisement
Im not as high on poff or as low on jacurri and emory as you but its the off season bro lol the conversations now usually are about nothing

Im saying that caneville point isn’t about race bating , he actually believes jacurri isn’t getting a fair chance based off what he’s seen and information he’s heard

Me myself isn’t concerned with much about that competition even tho i do think jacurri is better than emory, i was just saying people pushing aside others opinions because they think its race baiting or any other false narrative is wrong and why this board cam be corny at times lol
I don’t know that Jacurri is or isn’t better than Emory. Might be might not be.

Think people are confusing raw athletic talent with ability to run an offense consistently though in making these very premature for both statements and then running with it.

Last edited:
Both JB and EW have had time to show they can get it done and neither one seems to have what it takes to lead a team with a legit interest in the playoffs. I'd push them both into the portal and look for someone who might actually challenge Poff next year. I seriously can't believe there's this much drama over 3rd and 4th string players.

being completely objective and not really a true homer for any of the backup QB’s. It’s pretty clear JB got told misinformation. Now I’m not saying JB is a great QB right now at all but he wouldn’t still be here if he wasn’t promised a chance to be the backup QB.

Many are saying it’s only spring it doesn’t matter who’s 3 or 4 but how can you make that assumption in 5 practices with no pads on. Seems like JB was told they’d split the reps in spring and after a few practices based on reports it seems he was clearly QB4.

I don’t think it’s a terrible question to ask at all and it’ll all be settled in a few weeks when JB inevitably hits the portal.
He did get a chance and he was beaten out by 3 QBs.

Advertisement
What on Earth makes you think Jacurri is better? Seriously

Who threw the worst balls last year and it not even being close?

Jacurri

Like what world are we living in.
Emory threw the worst balls by far to me, he went 8 for 23 on slants bubbles and fade routes. That clemson game before the 4th were he had a couple really good throws was very bad

This isn’t bashing emory either but i don’t understand some of yall acting like he’s far ahead or even a better thrower than jacurri based on what we saw in games both are too close to think that but i give it to jacurri because i think he has better natural arm talent and athleticism

I rather have the better athletic talented inaccurate qb than the inaccurate one that isn’t a good athlete and has a weaker arm

I need to pin this post

I don’t know that Jacurri is or isn’t better than Emory. Might be might not be.

Think people are confusing raw athletic talent twitch ability to run an offense consistently though in making these very premature for both statements and then running with it.
Yea to me both didn’t show enough to be considered the future but i thought jacurri looked better in that rutgers game than emory did but its different situations so i guess we will just see it play out in the spring game and hopefully at other schools

Advertisement

Suck is harsh but they are FAR behind Poff.

It's wild to me that people who were propping up Emory did so despite him consistently throwing the ball without the laces (which is nuts to me), average arm, and is a statue. Nice guy, good character but he's either a 3rd string here or is better suited to go elsewhere.

I've got news for you: most athletes who are passed up in depth chart believe they were not given a
"fair" chance. And if not them, it is their family or some peripheral hanger-on.
We saw this many years ago when Dyrail McMillian went into 1996 season assuming he was starting RB, only for Dyrail to be DeRailed by some guy name Edge.
He left kicking and screaming that he was jobbed.
I believe someone associated with him even cried to Canesport at the time.
We saw how that drama eventually played out.

I thank the football gods these so-called UM beat writers and influencers weren't around when Schnellenberger had to decide between Bernie, Vinnie and Vanderwende...or later between Steve Walsh and Greg Jones.

Last edited:
Respect to you because you are more plugged in then me..but im not seeing this NFL athlete that everyone is seeing. Im not saying hes not a good athlete..but people were throwing around the name "Vince Young" as a comparison athlete wise and Vince Young he is not.

He’s a solid 6’4 and 220+ pounds.

He’s quick as **** for a guy that size.

I’ve seen him open up and run, and at that size he’s a legit 4.5 guy with above average acceleration regardless of size/weight.

I don’t know if he can or wants to hit, can block, or catch a ball. But I do know he’s excel at the NFL Draft combine.

Advertisement
Back