Canesville video on Spring Practice day 1

Advertisement
Nobody’s napping. LOL . You gotta be kidding me

last year, Coach Hayes(who Im a big fan off) noted in a video that he didn't like how our players had no urgency and would just kinda walk from one drill to another, that there was lack of urgency in practice, too much dead time. Those who knew football understood how poorly Diaz ran practices

last year, Coach Hayes(who Im a big fan off) noted in a video that he didn't like how our players had no urgency and would just kinda walk from one drill to another, that there was lack of urgency in practice, too much dead time. Those who knew football understood how poorly Diaz ran practices
Yep. And he pointed out the lack of the attention to detail when it came to coaching, with exception to TRob and Likens. They were the only ones, that he saw, that would Immediately correct the young men if they made a mistake.

Advertisement
big-hit.gif
football-classic.gif

Last edited:
I’m a firm believer of making practice harder than the games. That **** is gold. Real ones know.
In all honesty, got to raise the talent level a few notches for that to really happen.. I dont care how hard you make practice, it wont be harder than a game, only if you have super talented players that are wayy better than your opponents littered up and down your roster.. Games are soo draining, its another level..

Now if you got 5 stars looking to take your spot or you lined up against the best db/wr in nation daily, thats different. Only a few teams in nation can truly say practice is harder and i guarantee you they got top talent for days

Advertisement
In all honesty, got to raise the talent level a few notches for that to really happen.. I dont care how hard you make practice, it wont be harder than a game, only if you have super talented players that are wayy better than your opponents littered up and down your roster.. Games are soo draining, its another level..

Now if you got 5 stars looking to take your spot or you lined up against the best db/wr in nation daily, thats different. Only a few teams in nation can truly say practice is harder and i guarantee you they got top talent for days
Practice is based on habits. You play, subconsciously, on your daily habits. You don’t need 5 stars to make practice harder than games if you’re consistently pushed to limit on a daily basis by your coaches. You play how you practice.

Guess what? Howard, Butch nor Jimmy didn’t have 5 stars in the start of their careers at Miami yet made practice incredibly difficult compared to most games.

Eventually, you want to recruit and develop the top talent to make practice at a top level competition.

Many on here, myself included, complained about that since manny took over and practice clips started getting leaked. Especially that 2019 year. Of course the usual suspects told us “we are crazy! You’re not at practice to know bro!” It was obvious to see how much down time they had in clips. Do a rep and than start day dreaming until you’re next rep, with limited teaching in between. I don’t expect this to be a problem with a guy like Mario and staff, but we will find out rather quickly as practices start getting filmed.

No matter your talent level, you can work so hard in practice that the effort of the game is less.

Advertisement
As a youth coach I wouldn't move on to another drill or play until we perfected those things. Come tomorrow you damned well better be better at a drill or play!

As a youth coach I wouldn't move on to another drill or play until we perfected those things. Come tomorrow you damned well better be better at a drill or play!
as a counter point to that, most college coaches teach off of film and correct it in the meeting room for the following practice. This is mostly due to the time limits on practices. A luxury of filming every part of your practices.

Advertisement
as Mario says there are no little things. they are all big things.

as a guy I always wondered why some teams lacked intensity or focus. I always thought well its easy for a coach to emphasize being intense and doing it right in practice. well I guess it isn't so easy for some guys....

It was a high school program being ran with a guy who wanted to be friends and have fun coaching the school of his dreams. Just a complete disaster

Advertisement
Back