CanesInSight Launches Recruitment Database

Advertisement
I have pdf and jpeg versions of the logo that I can send out for the recruit pictures - or if there is an easy way to upload it let me know.

Oh, and Andrew...

This is more of a design idea...

BUT, maybe you can have tabs of sorts on the page. A Committed Tab, a Offered Tab, and then an everything else tab. Might make for easier navigating through it.

I hate how scout's list if filled with a bunch of players that have no business belonging on the list. And rivals has no list.

So, maybe make a happy medium where we can separate and and navigate easily.

Yeah a sort option basically. I am working on that.

So I guess I should drop the offered question? Maybe change it to camp?

I have pdf and jpeg versions of the logo that I can send out for the recruit pictures - or if there is an easy way to upload it let me know.

just attach it to a post and I will grab it. It needs to be more tall than wide.

Advertisement
Yeah a sort option basically. I am working on that.

So I guess I should drop the offered question? Maybe change it to camp?

I'd just use "rumored interest" because honestly, we don't "really" know what's going on, we just read internet rumors. So, if Joe Smith has an article saying he's being recruiting, you throw him on the list and and just say "rumored interest"...works for me anyway.

I figure stuff like participating in camps and All-American games should get little icons on their profile, kind of like the way ESPN does for certain skill sets and if they are a 150 player and what not. Just kind of have a list of events with check boxes when editing their profile.

I could drop offer for camp and add another section for stuff like all star games and awards. I will need to find all the logos so when I user selects an option it inserts the logo into the page.

Deon Bush
deonbush.png

Gray Crow
graycrow.png

Jontavious Carter
joncarter.png

Preston Dewey
prestondewey.png

Raphael Kirby
raphaelkirby.png

Advertisement
I will try and grab some pictures tonight, is there a CanesInSight watermark you can upload to put on the corner of the pictures?

You can always add a watermark yourself online..
When you save the photo after you watermark it add the .jpg,.gif, or .png extension back on the photo..
Only add a watermark to a photo that is not copyrighted..
http://www.watermarktool.com/

I think peeps should just use the url to the website since the logo is not a global icon yet..
Pasting that logo on a small photo will not look good me thinks..
CanesInsight.com in a 50% transparency is fine in my honest opinion and put the bar option at 0% when using that watermark site..

The issue with the images is do we have permission to use them.

Advertisement

I think it's ok to use a public image if you do not charge money to be a member here..
The problem is which ones are public?
Google's spider picks up images from pay sites because half the time they don't know how to protect
them with a .htaccess file or something similar..
We might have to put a credit under each photo that is not ours..
Ex: Image courtesy/credit to joeblow.com

BTW we need Caneshooter over here, has he joined this site??
You could promote his site while using his photos..
Just throwing idea's around not sure if he would accept that..

Advertisement

I think it's ok to use a public image if you do not charge money to be a member here..
Google's spider picks up images from pay sites because half the time they don't know how to protect

I believe all the sites that would have those images would have them as public. Maybe we should just ask one of the sites if we could use their images if we credit them. I doubt it would work though.

I believe all the sites that would have those images would have them as public. Maybe we should just ask one of the sites if we could use their images if we credit them. I doubt it would work though.

I don't think any of those sites will allow us to use their photos lol, newspaper maybe with credit..
Ferman has used my photos/gifs without my permission though so anything is possible..

So, here's a dumb question, but this is me, so it's par for the course.
I've volunteered to help out and am more than willing to do so.
But where am I supposed to get the information to enter?
I can do all sorts of recruit data entry while doing a bunch of other things here, but I can't do a whole lot of searching.
Ready, able and willing to help, but I'm not all that great at hunting.

For the most part, it should be a culmination of Scout, Rivals, ESPN, etc. We should have a baseline that we start with and then allow users (preferably in the know) start amending the data.

While I am all for a collaborative effort, the DB should be locked down the day before, the day of, and the day after Signing Day. Only allow a few users to edit the information as LOI's roll in. I dont want to pre-eFAPulate because some one thought they would play a joke and put Goldman as LOI-Enrolled.

Advertisement
Back