CanesInSight Launches Recruitment Database

Advertisement
Andrew.

A quick edit or two, bruh.

When it comes to "interest" I think most of it is hearsay...so, when choosing Low, Medium, High...it gets a little sticky.

Not sure how to detail it right now, because I'm at work, but maybe we can dumb down the list of schools with interest a little bit.

Yeah it is pretty easy to change so let me know what ideas you have.

I was thinking, instead of all of the line items

A simple text field with a drop down menu would suffice

Example

____________________ (drop down)

When I was compiling my list above, I felt it very difficult to actually start joining players by a certain interest level.

I felt the best fields and indicators of interest were.

"Early Offer" (teams do this regularly...Miami sends out countless offers to the top junior recruits...doesn't mean they are a serious Miami recruit)
"Offer" (when we know they were legitimately offered)
"Rumored Offer" (when we hear they are offered...verbal offers, mostly)
"Rumored Interest" (We hear about this all of the time...Coach So and So is visiting)
"Verbal Commitment" (speaks for itself)

Then, its always good to somehow incorporate visits and dates. Not sure yet.

Also, maybe we can somehow get some icons that would determine they were involved with junior day...Golden's summer camp...etc.

I think Da Gunt's first name is LaDarius but I can't find anything for certain.

Andrew.

A quick edit or two, bruh.

When it comes to "interest" I think most of it is hearsay...so, when choosing Low, Medium, High...it gets a little sticky.

Not sure how to detail it right now, because I'm at work, but maybe we can dumb down the list of schools with interest a little bit.

Yeah it is pretty easy to change so let me know what ideas you have.

I was thinking, instead of all of the line items

A simple text field with a drop down menu would suffice

Example

When I was compiling my list above, I felt it very difficult to actually start joining players by a certain interest level.

I felt the best fields and indicators of interest were.

"Early Offer" (teams do this regularly...Miami sends out countless offers to the top junior recruits...doesn't mean they are a serious Miami recruit)
"Rumored Interest" (We hear about this all of the time...Coach So and So is visiting)
"Verbal Commitment" (speaks for itself)

Then, its always good to somehow incorporate visits and dates. Not sure yet.

Also, maybe we can somehow get some icons that would determine they were involved with junior day...Golden's summer camp...etc.

I like where you are going with the list! I do have the status in dropdowns already. I guess the only thing I would change is adding signed LOI and maybe change "verbal commitment" to just "verbal commit" as the first is kinda long to display on the main page. An indicator for camp would be pretty easy to add. I will gather every ones thoughts and then make the changes tonight. We will have to go through and fix all the interest levels afterwards.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is there a status for Early Enrollment? Gunter shows Signed LOI but what about Crow, etc. I think it might provide more clarification if we segregate Interest Level, Committed, EE, and Signed LOI.

I think you can even expand on it and have "signed LOI" and "enrolled"...it might help when we start looking back on the database to show players that didn't show up for whatever reason (grades, etc).

Ok I should fix this now since we will have to go back and fix every ones status. The more recruits entered the more to fix.

"Verbal Commit" (speaks for itself)
"Signed LOI" (you get it)
"Enrolled"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here is an example of a recruit picture I made with a free picture, between facebook and twitter I think we should be able to find suitable ones. I just put the CIS in the corner as a placeholder if you'd like to put a CanesInSight image there. I just made the image 205 x 245 because that's what the unknown images dimensions were.

55.jpg

Is there a status for Early Enrollment? Gunter shows Signed LOI but what about Crow, etc. I think it might provide more clarification if we segregate Interest Level, Committed, EE, and Signed LOI.

that was going to be my question

So, here's a dumb question, but this is me, so it's par for the course.
I've volunteered to help out and am more than willing to do so.
But where am I supposed to get the information to enter?
I can do all sorts of recruit data entry while doing a bunch of other things here, but I can't do a whole lot of searching.
Ready, able and willing to help, but I'm not all that great at hunting.

Advertisement
Back