CanesInSight Big Board (12/31)

View as article
The DT recruiting is setting up to be a complete disaster. Not good at all. A guy like Bryant was supposed to step in for a guy like Porter (if he even stays) in 2014.

While I understand where you're coming from, the lack of names out there makes me think the staff is pretty confident on those two. There is one other name, a JUCO named Marcus Hardison but not really sure where we stand with him.

People forget that we have a bunch of DTs already in the school and enrolled...at some point we have to develop them.

2013 DT Depth Chart

Porter (Rd-Sr)
Robinson (Rd-Sr)
Grimble (Jr)
King (Rd-So)
Moore (So)
Ivery (So)
Briscoe (Rd-Fr)

Trust me I want two beasts DT (Bostwick and Bryant) in this class and every class, the line is the most important position. I just think we need to realize that it's not like the WR situation we had circa 2006/7 when we signed Sam Shields and George Robinson.

*Please note that Hunter Knighton could be a DT*

You missed Pierre.

So, in 2014, we have Pierre, Grimble, King, Moore, Ivery, Briscoe.

Essentially, you're praying that Moore or Ivery make a very big leap or someone like Jelani Hamilton becomes a Pierre-like contributor. Color me ****ing concerned about that group.

This class needed at least one stud DT who could step in as an impact guy in 2014. A fat and unfocused Bryant wouldn't do that anyway, but a focused and junior-highlights version of Bryant would likely be that guy.

Bostwick could easily be that impact guy you're looking for in '14 when the depth chart looks thin. At this point Bryant's Sr. season almost makes that a necessity.

You could supplement 2014 with 1-2 JUCO DT's. It looks like this staff can recruit and given more time (unlike the surprise from Bryant flaking out); they can pull a good Prep/JUCO guy or two to supplement the roster.

The one position I am concerned about (along with the likes of LexCane) is RB. Clements is not the answer and neither is anyone else on the roster not named Randall Duke Johnson. There is not even a suitable 6-10 carries a game player behind him.

Are you kidding me Dallas Crawford and Clements will be vastly improved I also expect Dallas to step up and have a big year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back