CanesCamp Episode 8

Its Spring ball. This is the time where I want Kaaya to take any and all risks. You cant judge him off some random spring practice. Now when August comes around thats a different story.

Advertisement
Good points 01canes, I am definitely sure we could use him as kicker and punter also, as we are paper thin at these positions too.
AQM will give us some OLB/CB versatility since we're paper thin in the secondary. Not that he wouldn't constantly be dropping 15-20 yards into coverage anyway because LOL Grorldern and D'Ornorfrio, but prepare your anusus for lack of CB depth being the baseless excuse for this.

Remember, guys. Most teams have 10 CBs, but we only have 4 who aren't true freshmen. And that's not Golden's fault, somehow. Just ask him.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with dropping an athletic edge rusher in coverage...

...as long as it's part of a pressure package that includes a variety of blitzes.

The problem with Grohldoritos is they show their intentions with the pre-snap alignment. There is no element of surprise or deception when DL drop into coverage with no replacement blitzer, and we end up with no pressure forcing those bigger defenders to match up in coverage in wide spaces.

This defensive call is the zone dog blitz that made the Steelers dominant for years under **** LeBeau. It's supposed to be a safe blitz call for long-yardage situations where you have elements of deception but only 4/5 rushers with 2 deep safeties. Often this blitz will result in a free rusher coming off the edge (ILB, nickel CB, SAF, etc.) who forces the QB to throw the hot read right to the DL dropping in coverage.

However Grohldoritos like to run it extra-conservative with a 3-man rush or 3-man rush with a (very) delayed blitzer (lined up 8 yards off the ball) so that's why we get gashed all the time...because even a safe blitz call is too aggressive for Grohldoritos so they tone it down until we get no pressure from the call and the other teams get to exploit mismatches in coverage. That's Grohldoritos coaching 101.

Advertisement
AQM will give us some OLB/CB versatility since we're paper thin in the secondary. Not that he wouldn't constantly be dropping 15-20 yards into coverage anyway because LOL Grorldern and D'Ornorfrio, but prepare your anusus for lack of CB depth being the baseless excuse for this.

Remember, guys. Most teams have 10 CBs, but we only have 4 who aren't true freshmen. And that's not Golden's fault, somehow. Just ask him.

Well, he doesn't really have the recruiting base for CBs. Wait, I forgot, we are in SoFl.

Nothing wrong with dropping an athletic edge rusher in coverage...

...as long as it's part of a pressure package that includes a variety of blitzes.

The problem with Grohldoritos is they show their intentions with the pre-snap alignment. There is no element of surprise or deception when DL drop into coverage with no replacement blitzer, and we end up with no pressure forcing those bigger defenders to match up in coverage in wide spaces.

This defensive call is the zone dog blitz that made the Steelers dominant for years under **** LeBeau. It's supposed to be a safe blitz call for long-yardage situations where you have elements of deception but only 4/5 rushers with 2 deep safeties. Often this blitz will result in a free rusher coming off the edge (ILB, nickel CB, SAF, etc.) who forces the QB to throw the hot read right to the DL dropping in coverage.

However Grohldoritos like to run it extra-conservative with a 3-man rush or 3-man rush with a (very) delayed blitzer (lined up 8 yards off the ball) so that's why we get gashed all the time...because even a safe blitz call is too aggressive for Grohldoritos so they tone it down until we get no pressure from the call and the other teams get to exploit mismatches in coverage. That's Grohldoritos coaching 101.

So, you're saying they suck. right? I don't know all the fancy actual football stuff, but that is my conclusion too.

Coley has been garbage wherever he's called plays. Dude can't figure out how to convert a 3rd down to save his life. We all want Golden gone, but don't act like Coley would be magically better calling plays under any head coach. This is his make or break year. No "young QB" excuse this year, and plenty of talent on that side of the ball. If we convert 30% of our third downs, expect 6 losses, minimum. We just can't win if we don't convert third downs.
Feel great about our offensive skill positions right now. The Tackles and coach Coleys gameplans are my main concerns.

Coley is fine. It's when AG handcuffs him he sucks

Bwhahaha, they really had AQM covering the WR.

If it wasn't sad I would laugh.

AQM looks great 25 yards downfield covering WRs.

Somebody PLEASE PLEASE kill me

My face when I see AQM covering a WR down field, instead of attacking the QB...

Capture.JPG

Advertisement
Coley has been garbage wherever he's called plays. Dude can't figure out how to convert a 3rd down to save his life. We all want Golden gone, but don't act like Coley would be magically better calling plays under any head coach. This is his make or break year. No "young QB" excuse this year, and plenty of talent on that side of the ball. If we convert 30% of our third downs, expect 6 losses, minimum. We just can't win if we don't convert third downs.
Feel great about our offensive skill positions right now. The Tackles and coach Coleys gameplans are my main concerns.

Coley is easily the second worst coordinator on the staff. One of the worst play callers I've ever seen, right up there with Patrick Nix.

I actually think he's worse than Coach D, and that isn't easy to do. Simply convert 3rd downs at an AVERAGE rate and we win at LEAST 3 more games, maybe more. Including FSU. I'd have been fine with 9-3 with a win over FSU. But noooo, we had to keep leaving the field after 70% of our third downs. Remember how bad our D was a couple years ago, when we KNEW the other team would convert a critical 3rd down? Well, that's how I feel with Coley at the helm of our O. An equal sense of dread that we WON'T convert the third down.

Coley is easily the second worst coordinator on the staff. One of the worst play callers I've ever seen, right up there with Patrick Nix.

Sometimes dropping a DL into coverage completely ***** with the QB/OL but that is usually only meant to drop 5-10 yards in the hash marks to prevent a dumpoff or quick slant.. not 20 yards down field on the sideline literally trying to make an interception lol wtf is going on

Sometimes dropping a DL into coverage completely ***** with the QB/OL but that is usually only meant to drop 5-10 yards in the hash marks to prevent a dumpoff or quick slant.. not 20 yards down field on the sideline literally trying to make an interception lol wtf is going on

Agreed, didn't we get a pick off of dropping a d-lineman into coverage this year? Plenty of good defenses do it, I would say our bigger issue is that the technique is combined with a lack of pass-rush (both standard pressure and blitz packages) which results in a deeper drop as the play develops and a mismatch.

Advertisement
Sometimes dropping a DL into coverage completely ****s with the QB/OL but that is usually only meant to drop 5-10 yards in the hash marks to prevent a dumpoff or quick slant.. not 20 yards down field on the sideline literally trying to make an interception lol wtf is going on

Agreed, didn't we get a pick off of dropping a d-lineman into coverage this year? Plenty of good defenses do it, I would say our bigger issue is that the technique is combined with a lack of pass-rush (both standard pressure and blitz packages) which results in a deeper drop as the play develops and a mismatch.

McCord pick 6.

I was never a huge fan of Coley, but I saw Steve Sarkisian give a clinic on Saturday in Orlando and it really opened my eyes as to how far behind we are on offense. Three of the coaches I was with are UM fans, one of which played QB at Miami, and we were all like "We don't do any of that on offense."

We are so pedestrian on offense. So much so, that I believe it could be program-changing if we ever hired an innovative offensive guy at this school. With what I seen from Sarkisian, combined with South Florida skill players, Miami would be unstoppable. We'd light up score boards at an alarming rate.

One can only wish.

Over/Under sack total for AQM? 3?

Why on earth would any elite, aggressive, D lineman come here and play this abomination of a scheme?
AQM looks great 25 yards downfield covering WRs.

Somebody PLEASE PLEASE kill me

He got conned by Folden. He's not the only one that happened to. Folden still had something to sell when AQM signed here.

Advertisement
You can see from the clips it will be more of the same stupid *** BS on defense. I swear this dude just begging for somebody to fire his ***! Rashawn looked like a LB'er. Big guns.

This is why many people wanted to roll the dice with Mike Leach. Take control of the O, and hire someone who can run the D. The SFLA skill position players would have been climbing over each other to play in an exciting, attacking O. The game has changed, and Miami needs to change as well.
I was never a huge fan of Coley, but I saw Steve Sarkisian give a clinic on Saturday in Orlando and it really opened my eyes as to how far behind we are on offence. Three of the coaches I was with are UM fans, one of which played QB at Miami, and we were all like "We don't do any of that on offense."

We are so pedestrian on offense. So much so, that I believe it could be program-changing if we ever hired an innovative offensive guy at this school. With what I seen from Sarkisian, combined with South Florida skill players, Miami would be unstoppable. We'd light up score boards at an alarming rate.

One can only wish.

This is why many people wanted to roll the dice with Mike Leach. Take control of the O, and hire someone who can run the D. The SFLA skill position players would have been climbing over each other to play in an exciting, attacking O. The game has changed, and Miami needs to change as well.
I was never a huge fan of Coley, but I saw Steve Sarkisian give a clinic on Saturday in Orlando and it really opened my eyes as to how far behind we are on offence. Three of the coaches I was with are UM fans, one of which played QB at Miami, and we were all like "We don't do any of that on offense."

One can only wish.

Agree 100%.

We're behind.

Wow episode 8. May have watched two, not getting sucked into the hype this time.

But you're on a Canes message board? Makes sense. Are you coming here just to whine and complain like the ****** CaneDynasty? Or just to troll like that pig racist SonnyLong? Or maybe make fun of Jim Kelly's cancer like that Teddy Bear phaqq@t? Quit being a ***** and worrying about getting attacked by the losers who do nothing but complain all day and night. No one wants Golden here but It's okay to keep up with the players.

Advertisement
Back