Canes we almost missed out on

Advertisement
Sorry for more depressing stories but don’t have many signing day surprises as a canes fan

Lee Jackson safety out of Texas, was committed to us and I believe in signing day he had a dream and god told him to go to Texas. I’m pretty sure he was the one

Wasn't vilma like an fsu fan something? I might be confusing him with someone else

Advertisement
Juwad Blue was committed and about to sign with VT on signing day morning, and Miami called and convinced him to come. A news reporter was in room when he called VT and told them he was coming and I believe one of the D coaches lit him up and everyone heard

Butch not prioritizing Gore had to be admissions. I can understand not spending time on player you know has little-to-no chance to get into school. No way Gore’s ability didn’t amaze everyone.

Any other admissions casualties Miami would have signed, but couldn’t (or didn’t)?

Teraz mcCray was one of my favorites. We lost a stud d-line man to Fsu and Teraz got his ship last minute.

We lost out on mike Williams I believe was his name to UCF because we didnt think he was good enough and didnt offer till super late. He played several years in the NFL and was a pretty good wr. He was dam good in college.

Advertisement
Kellen Winslow, Jr. is a pretty interesting one. He tried to commit to Washington on signing day, but Senior wouldn't sign the NLI. The public reason he gave was because Rick Neuheisel didn't have any black assistants, which Senior thought his son should think more critically of. Meanwhile the recently hired Coker had Randy, Vernon Hargreaves, and Curtis Johnson on staff. He picked us a few days later I believe. Another rumored reason for it was that Neuheisel was a scab player in the NFL when the players went on strike, and Senior supposedly held a grudge against him over it.

Pretty accurate. I will just say KW's father is an ******* of the highest order. I can't put all of KW's behavior on him, but I'm not surprised that he's screwed up with that guy as a father.

Russell Maryland was the last addition to his class whichever year that was.

Ray Lewis was one of the last ones (maybe the last) in his class, too.

Don't think Butch was too high on Frank Gore and he was committed to Ole Miss, I think until Coker took over.

He offered him and Roscoe Parrish and that got them to Miami.

These are a few that come to mind off the top of the head.

Plenty of others.
Butch wasn't High on Gore??....Lol....who told you that nonsense??...Entire staff Loved Gore...

Advertisement
Back in 1990 Miami landed the signatures of Texans Carl Richardson and AC Tellison the day after national signing day. Richardson signed with UM over Nebraska stating - I could have went to Nebraska but it was just too cold !

In 1988 Micheal Barrow signed with Miami over uf in a much publicized press conference on signing day

Gore did have the academic issue.

But I'd heard that Coker was the one who brought both Gore and Parrish into the fold because they weren't top priorities when Butch was running the show.
Wrong...Butch was well aware of Gores capabilities...No question Gore would've been a Cane if Butch stayed...

Advertisement
What happened with that Pickens receiver from Georgia he was supposed to commit to Miami on signing day

Juwad Blue was committed and about to sign with VT on signing day morning, and Miami called and convinced him to come. A news reporter was in room when he called VT and told them he was coming and I believe one of the D coaches lit him up and everyone heard
yep

LOL we used to like Golden

Advertisement
Back