Canes vs who? Elimination game...

Brian's last post typifies why this will be my last post on this forum.

The moderator on this Board cannot derive how one calculated the 7.3% figure. The moderator simply brays like a mule "fire MOrris", despite the fact that UM was arguably one of the top 2 teams in the country during the past two NCAA seasons. The team won 50 games and advanced to Omaha both years. Only Florida matched us and they benefit from a 4.87 scholarship advantage.

If the detractors understood simple probability concepts, and could add cogent quantitative analysis to the Board, it would make it worthwhile; but these "detractors" are the dumbest human-cohort that I have ever encountered in 43-years of life!

Advertisement
ATTENTION:
Florida is 6 outs from getting bounced and their fans are ecstatic!
The ones that aren't just don't know college baseball!

Now you're lying just like a professional detractor.

I was never ecstatic about losing.

I just didn't whine and call for coaches to be fired.

I think that 40% of national seeds getting to Omaha does support his position. 60% of non 1-8 ranked teams get to Omaha these days.

No it doesn't and this just proves, yet again, how dumb the average detractor is. You don't even understand simple mathematics.

Since 2007 there have been 80 teams that competed in Omaha. The seeds of those teams breakdown as follows

N1's: 39 (48.75%)
n1's: 18 (22.5%)
2's: 14 (17.5%)
3's: 7 (8.75%)
4's: 2 (2.5%)

National seeds are far and away the likeliest Omaha teams.

Saying that being a national seeds doesn't help getting to Omaha is asinine.

Bold indicates CWS participant.

1. Texas
  2. South Carolina
  3. Miami (FL)
  4. Georgia Tech
  5. Stanford
  6. Rice
  7. Arizona State
  8. Arkansas

1. Tulane
  2. Georgia Tech
  3. Nebraska
  4. Baylor
  5. Ole Miss
  6. Cal State Fullerton
  7. Florida
  8. Oregon State

1. Clemson
  2. Rice
  3. Texas
  4. Alabama
  5. Cal State Fullerton
  6. Nebraska
  7. Georgia
  8. Georgia Tech

1. Vanderbilt
  2. Rice
  3. North Carolina
  4. Texas
  5. Arizona State
  6. Florida State
  7. Arkansas
  8. San Diego

1. Miami (FL)
  2. North Carolina
  3. Arizona State
  4. Florida State
  5. Cal State Fullerton
  6. Rice
  7. LSU
  8. Georgia

1. Texas
  2. Cal State Fullerton
  3. LSU
  4. North Carolina
  5. Arizona State
  6. UC Irvine
  7. Oklahoma
  8. Florida

1. Arizona State
  2. Texas
  3. Florida
  4. Coastal Carolina
  5. Virginia
  6. UCLA
  7. Louisville
  8. Georgia Tech

1. Virginia
  2. Florida
  3. North Carolina
  4. South Carolina
  5. Florida State
  6. Vanderbilt
  7. Texas
  8. Rice

1. Florida
  2. UCLA
  3. Florida State
  4. Baylor
  5. Oregon
  6. North Carolina
  7. LSU
  8. South Carolina

1. North Carolina
  2. Vanderbilt
  3. Oregon State
  4. LSU
  5. Cal State Fullerton
  6. Virginia
  7. Florida State
  8. Oregon

1. Oregon State
  2. Florida
  3. Virginia
  4. Indiana
  5. Florida State
  6. Louisiana–Lafayette
  7. TCU
  8. LSU

1. UCLA
  2. LSU
  3. Louisville
  4. Florida
  5. Miami (FL)
  6. Illinois
  7. TCU
  8. Missouri State

Florida
Louisville
Miami
Tex AM
Tex Teck
Miss State
Clemson
Lsu

So here ya go!

FROM 4-16 APPROX 51%

FROM 7-16 APPROX 49%

FROM 10-16 APPROX 45%

FROM 12-16 APPROX 40%

FROM 13-16 APPROX 38%

FROM 14-16 APPROX 38%

Clearly the trend is as I and other posters have said, being a national seed isn't quite the predictor to getting to Omaha like it use to be.

Advertisement
60% of non 1-8 ranked teams get to Omaha these days.

Just read this quote and tell me that imurcane and others aren't stupid.

'60% of non 1-8 ranked teams get to Omaha these days.'

There are 56 non 1-8 teams in the field every year. If this statement was true then that would mean 33 teams would be getting to Omaha every year.

The real figure is....

560 non 1-8 teams since 2007.

41 of them have made it to Omaha.

That's 7.3% of non 1-8 teams make it to Omaha. Compared to 48.75% of national seeds.

But somehow imurcane said that the data supports KeyWestConchs claim that being a national seed is not help in getting to Omaha.

And this guy is a moderator.

You are changing the narrative. Being one of eight national seeds, being one of eight of the best/top 8 teams in the nation is getting you to Omaha about 40% of the time these days.

Only 8 teams get to Omaha. Only 8 teams in the nation are seeded in a top 8 slot. I expect the number 2,4,6,7,8 national seeds to beat lesser ranked teams to get to Omaha. Some matches are more difficult for sure. Maybe you didn't expect Louisville to win their Super. I expected the number 3 team to beat a lesser team. So if it is some consolation to you to say there are 56 teams in the field, and so the top 8 surviving is some magical thing, that is you. Maybe a few of your board buddies that are not being honest about this will agree with you. Go to any other message board, in fact go ask Mis St, Clemson, Lsu, Louisville, and Tex AM if they expected to be in Omaha. I know I know, BC thought they should be in Omaha as well. I would have thought a BC super win would have been a big upset considering we were the three team in the nation and BC didn't even get in pool play of their conference tourney.

The moderator on this Board cannot derive how one calculated the 7.3% figure. The moderator simply brays like a mule "fire MOrris", despite the fact that UM was arguably one of the top 2 teams in the country during the past two NCAA seasons. The team won 50 games and advanced to Omaha both years. Only Florida matched us and they benefit from a 4.87 scholarship advantage.

If the detractors understood simple probability concepts, and could add cogent quantitative analysis to the Board, it would make it worthwhile; but these "detractors" are the dumbest human-cohort that I have ever encountered in 43-years of life!

Its bc Brian is being disingenuous. Of the 8 national seeds these days about 40% of them make it to Omaha. Those are the facts. Maybe you expected a team like Louisville to get bounced. I didn't. Maybe you expected Zona and UC Santa Barbra to bounce the national seed. I did not.

I agree that public schools have a real advantage over private schools. Miami baseball just has higher standards. Miami baseball doesn't make excuses for 0-15 droughts. Maybe the admin should listen to you. We have such a disadvantage, lets close it down. Is that really what you want?

Advertisement
The moderator simply brays like a mule "fire MOrris", despite the fact that UM was arguably one of the top 2 teams in the country during the past two NCAA seasons.

No one who watches college baseball thinks that we were one of the best two teams in the country in the past two seasons.

Its bc Brian is being disingenuous. Of the 8 national seeds these days about 40% of them make it to Omaha. Those are the facts. Maybe you expected a team like Louisville to get bounced. I didn't. Maybe you expected Zona and UC Santa Barbra to bounce the national seed. I did not.

I agree that public schools have a real advantage over private schools. Miami baseball just has higher standards. Miami baseball doesn't make excuses for 0-15 droughts. Maybe the admin should listen to you. We have such a disadvantage, lets close it down. Is that really what you want?

Exactly. Brian broke them down into individual seeds for some reason. The fact remains that more non-national seeds make it to Omaha than national seeds. Like you posted, 12 of 32 Omaha participants in the last four years have been national seeds. There is MUCH more parity in the game right now. Not sure why he thinks 2007 is relevant.

ATTENTION:
Florida is 6 outs from getting bounced and their fans are ecstatic!
The ones that aren't just don't know college baseball!

Now you're lying just like a professional detractor.

I was never ecstatic about losing.

I just didn't whine and call for coaches to be fired.

I never called for anyone to be fired.
You must be confusing me with all of your other fans on here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ah yeaah...ok.
"...and don't understand college baseball."

You can keep being a clown and dancing around the issue or you can try to prove your point.

I know you can't so I guess the clowning will continue?

Ok. Let's backtrack.
My original statement from our first run-in, when I suggested LSU had a shot at a National Seed prior to the last weekend of play:
"LSU is 1 game out of third place overall in the SEC. They are #12 in the RPI with a series vs the Gator this weekend.
They also have a great opportunity to make noise in the SEC tournament.
"

You then followed with this Priccolo comment:

"Now I know that you don't follow it much.
The conference tournaments don't mean all that much. Certainly 'making noise' isn't sufficient to make them a national seed.
You speak in silly fanboy talk.
"

Remember?
For the first and last sentences of your comment, I dub thee... priccolo.
(man...i crack myself up..better yet, maybe YOU are fanboy!)

"No.
It's true.
Conference tournament results don't mean that much.
"

Let's not cloud things. I was specific at the time to LSU and FSU because of their opponents on the final weekend and their specific conferences, the SEC and ACC.
If Clemson (6 RPI) or LSU (7 RPI) goes 0-2 in their tourney's, and someone like a Vandy (9 RPI) wins it, Vandy gets the spot.

From SBNation.com
"According to D1Baseball.com, LSU, South Carolina, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt were all jockeying for the eighth spot, with LSU finally winning out Monday. Furthermore, with seven teams in the SEC hosting their first-round regional tilts, this year marks the most number of host sites coming from one conference."

Moral of the story:
In this case. With these 2 conferences. The tournaments did make a difference.

Last edited:
Ah yeaah...ok.
"...and don't understand college baseball."

You can keep being a clown and dancing around the issue or you can try to prove your point.

I know you can't so I guess the clowning will continue?

Ok. Let's backtrack.
My original statement from our first run-in, when I suggested LSU had a shot at a National Seed prior to the last weekend of play:
"LSU is 1 game out of third place overall in the SEC. They are #12 in the RPI with a series vs the Gator this weekend.
They also have a great opportunity to make noise in the SEC tournament.
"

You then followed with this Priccolo comment:

"Now I know that you don't follow it much.
The conference tournaments don't mean all that much. Certainly 'making noise' isn't sufficient to make them a national seed.
You speak in silly fanboy talk.
"

Remember?
For the first and last sentences of your comment, I dub thee... priccolo.
(man...i crack myself up..better yet, maybe YOU are fanboy!)

"No.
It's true.
Conference tournament results don't mean that much.
"

Let's not cloud things. I was specific at the time to LSU and FSU because of their opponents on the final weekend and their specific conferences, the SEC and ACC.
If Clemson (6 RPI) or LSU (7 RPI) goes 0-2 in their tourney's, and someone like a Vandy (9 RPI) wins it, Vandy gets the spot.
Moral of the story:
In this case. With these 2 conferences. The tournaments did make a difference.

Again...
See you next year.
Looking forward to your in-depth analysis of the UM/Rutgers series next February.

Last edited:
Clearly the trend is as I and other posters have said, being a national seed isn't quite the predictor to getting to Omaha like it use to be.

The statement was....

Except for the fact that being a national seed does nothing to help your chances. The stats back that up.

You can tap dance all you want.

That statement is pure stupidity.

He not only got the statement dead wrong but he's so dumb that he thought the numbers would back him up. In reality he just doesn't understand the numbers.

Advertisement
Being one of eight national seeds, being one of eight of the best/top 8 teams in the nation is getting you to Omaha about 40% of the time these days.

I've done all the numbers.

KeyWestConchs said that being a national seed 'is no help in getting to Omaha.'

You then backed him up.

He's wrong. You're wrong. Period.

Just admit it.

Maybe you didn't expect Louisville to win their Super. I expected the number 3 team to beat a lesser team. So if it is some consolation to you to say there are 56 teams in the field, and so the top 8 surviving is some magical thing, that is you. Maybe a few of your board buddies that are not being honest about this will agree with you. Go to any other message board, in fact go ask Mis St, Clemson, Lsu, Louisville, and Tex AM if they expected to be in Omaha. I know I know, BC thought they should be in Omaha as well. I would have thought a BC super win would have been a big upset considering we were the three team in the nation and BC didn't even get in pool play of their conference tourney.

This is nonsense fillibustering.

You were ignorant of the numbers but decided to run your mouth anyway.

Just admit it.

Advertisement
Back