Canes vs who? Elimination game...

Of the 8 national seeds these days about 40% of them make it to Omaha. Those are the facts.

I ran the numbers!

What you just said has nothing to do with this statement.

Except for the fact that being a national seed does nothing to help your chances. The stats back that up.

The 40% figure is still by far the highest percentage.

Your claim was remarkably stupid. Everybody sees that.

Advertisement
Maybe you expected a team like Louisville to get bounced. I didn't.

Why do you keep saying this? You're filibustering.

Nobody said Louisville should have lost.

This is the statement in question.

Except for the fact that being a national seed does nothing to help your chances. The stats back that up.

You and your butt buddy were wrong.

Deal with it.

Exactly. Brian broke them down into individual seeds for some reason.

Because I understand mathematics.

If you say that being a national seed is no help that's a specific claim that requires a specific test.. If a team is not a national seed then they're some other seed.

So what are the chances of each seed reaching Omaha?

Of course the national seeds have by far the highest probability. It's not even close.

So saying that a national seed is no help getting to Omaha is dumb.

Like you posted, 12 of 32 Omaha participants in the last four years have been national seeds.

And in the last 4 years....

N1's: 12 (37.5%)
n1's: 11 (34.38%)
2's: 7 (21.87%)
3's: 2 (6.25%)
4's: 0 (0%)

it still helps to be a national seed.

You're wrong. Just admit it.

Advertisement
Not sure why he thinks 2007 is relevant.

It's called 10 seasons.

A relevant sample size.

You are out here pulling 4 years out of your ****** because you were trying to find a beneficial time period.

But no matter what time frame you use being a national seed is the likeliest path to Omaha.

Moral of the story:
In this case. With these 2 conferences. The tournaments did make a difference.

So one time in one season one team benefited from one conference tournament.

And you think this proves my point wrong about conference tournaments not meaning that much.

Yep.

You're stupid.

I have for the first time had to put someone on ignore. Crazy.

I recognize that there is plenty of debate with regards to whether #3 should stick around. If you toss in 1-2 titles the past 15 years I probably would feel differently. He hasn't so I don't.

What I am absolutely perplexed by is the fact that less than 40% of national seeds make it to Omaha, and yet some would STILL say that being a national seed is this huge predictor. And this year we are at a 1/8 shot of seeing a national seed win it all. And clearly the lone national seed is behind it coming from the loser's bracket, so 1/8 doesn't tell the true story.

Advertisement
What I am absolutely perplexed by is the fact that less than 40% of national seeds make it to Omaha, and yet some would STILL say that being a national seed is this huge predictor.

It's perplexing that you can see KeyWestConchs post then see the numbers and not understand what you're looking at.

It's astounding the lengths people will go to in order to remain ignorant.

Separating everyone into the separate seeds is a glaring, desperate mathematical error.

The national seeds are given the red carpet into Omaha. Everyone else, if seeds hold true, must go on the road at some point. You are either a national seed with the easy home path to Omaha, or your are NOT a national seed. It makes no difference whether you are #2 or #3 or a non-NS #1 - you have to go on the road. Since the national seeds are EXPECTED to be in Omaha, you calculate NS's versus non-NS's, period.

In the last four years, the teams that are expected to go to Omaha are coming in at an underwhelming 12-for-32. It doesn't matter what the other seeds are. The thing that matters is this: a national seed is not the guarantee it used to be. In fact, those road teams are coming in at a better clip.

It takes a monumental dose of intellectual dishonesty to claim otherwise. Of course, if the guy I was defending could only win two single games in Omaha in the last 10 years, I would make up just about anything, too.

No one who watches college baseball thinks that we were one of the best two teams in the country in the past two seasons.

Because those people only 'watch' college baseball for two weeks in June.

Like you.

If you're that far off on this point, I have to assume that you're just generally ignorant.

If you're suggesting that we were one of the top two teams in America, then you are 1000% a Hecht shill.

Exactly. Brian broke them down into individual seeds for some reason.

Because I understand mathematics.

If you say that being a national seed is no help that's a specific claim that requires a specific test.. If a team is not a national seed then they're some other seed.

So what are the chances of each seed reaching Omaha?

Of course the national seeds have by far the highest probability. It's not even close.

So saying that a national seed is no help getting to Omaha is dumb.

32 teams have been to Omaha in the last four years.

12 teams earned that national seed and made it to Omaha.
20 teams did not need a national seed to get to Omaha.

National seeds don't help.

Advertisement
If you're suggesting that we were one of the top two teams in America, then you are 1000% a Hecht shill.

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm giving you every single measurement used in the sport.

Polls
Baseball America: 3
Collegiate Baseball: 3
D1 Baseball: 2

Ratings
RPI: 3
ISR: 4
ELO: 3

Humans and computer ratings had Miami as a consensus top 3-4 team in the country.

But we get this post every year.

Miami was a top 5 team last year all season and then loses 2 games in Omaha and somebody screams "I told you! We weren't really a top 5 team!

This year we were a top 3 team all season and then lose 2 games in Omaha and the same clueless detractors come out in force.

Separating everyone into the separate seeds is a glaring, desperate mathematical error.

No it's not. You're just too stupid to understand.

Saying that being a national seed is no help getting to Omaha is one of the stupidest things that have ever been said on this board.

The odds of a 4-seed getting to Omaha are not the same as a 2-seed. You are displaying fantastic ignorance in this thread.

It makes no difference whether you are #2 or #3 or a non-NS #1 - you have to go on the road. Since the national seeds are EXPECTED to be in Omaha, you calculate NS's versus non-NS's, period.

It does make a difference if you're a 2-seed or 3-seed. The numbers are right in front of your face.

Using your cherry-picked 4 year window.

N1's: 12 (37.5%)
n1's: 11 (34.38%)
2's: 7 (21.87%)
3's: 2 (6.25%)
4's: 0 (0%)

National seeds are the most likely to go to Omaha. Basically 72% of Omaha participants were 1-seeds.

The idea that somebody is trying to argue that seeding isn't important and that 3-seeds and 4-seeds are lumped together with non-national 1's and 2's is asinine.

A person of normal mental capacity would be embarrassed.

Advertisement

No it's not. You're just too stupid to understand.

Saying that being a national seed is no help getting to Omaha is one of the stupidest things that have ever been said on this board.

The odds of a 4-seed getting to Omaha are not the same as a 2-seed. You are displaying fantastic ignorance in this thread.

You show your desperation with every lame insult. Scream it louder. We're all stupid.

We aren't comparing 4 seeds and 2 seeds. But I'm not shocked that you would try to throw some unrelated piece of data in here. We're comparing national seeds and non-national seeds. National seeds are supposed to go to Omaha, so that's how we gauge them. When 8 teams are given the advantage, and only three of them make it, then there obviously isn't much of an advantage.

But keep screaming.

Since the national seeds are EXPECTED to be in Omaha, you calculate NS's versus non-NS's, period.

You are showing your ignorance and stupidity again.

Your invalidating the results of your 'study' when you don't compare like with like.

You said that being a national seed is no help in getting to Omaha. Is that true? Of course not! The numbers are quite clear. It's 48% since 2007.

What's the alternative to a national seed? A team could be a non-national #1 . What are their odds? It's 23% since 2007.

OK. Study done.

Being a national seed does matter.

Nobody with an ounce of sense thought otherwise.

You are either a national seed with the easy home path to Omaha, or your are NOT a national seed. It makes no difference whether you are #2 or #3 or a non-NS #1

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

In the last 4 years......

37.5% of national seeds made it to Omaha
34.4% of non-national 1's made it to Omaha
10.9% of 2's made it to Omaha
3.1% of 3's made it to Omaha
0% of 4's made it to Omaha

What the **** are you talking about!?

You have now said two of the dumbest things ever uttered on this forum.

1) Being a national seed is no help in getting to Omaha

and

2) It makes no difference whether you are a 2-seed or 3-seed

You are an idiot.

Advertisement
Back