Canes vs. Safety school for Georgia Tech (VPI)

Advertisement
Live look in at the post-game with Newton:

Hot-Sale-Chain-Type-Block-Stone-Turnover.jpg_350x350.jpg

Chris Lykes can't get here fast enough... Imagine if this team had an actual point guard.

However, on the bright side, Murphy has really come on these past few games. His passing in the post tonight was really good, if he keeps that up through March, we could make a deep run. Doesn't hurt that he's hitting those midrange jumpers too.

Advertisement
I will never defend Newton again

Tough loss. In my opinion poor shot selection cost us this one. Too many 3's being forced with 25+ seconds left on the shot clock or less than 3 on the shot clock. It was one extreme or the other tonight.

Outlaw absolutely annihilated us too. It felt like I was watching someone play NBA Jam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I'm not mad about tonight. Newton is sucking more than usual right now, and as long as Coach L adjusts and gives him fewer minutes until he proves himself, we'll be fine. The rest of the team looked good enough to win a few games in the tourney. Felt like Brown underperformed and he still had 8 or so points.

Advertisement
On the bright side, we lost because Brown had an off night and some random dude was 8-10 from 3s. Oh yeah, we also lost to an NCAA team who is 15-1 at home. And, we lost by 5 in a game that came down to the last 30 seconds. It sucks, but it is what it is. Even if we lose to FSU, which we very well might because we match up horribly with them, this has still been L's best coaching job and a great season. Hopefully we beat FSU, or win at least 1 in the ACCT and get a a good/better NCAAT seed.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Amp in a bigger role next season. His passing has improved this season. Hopefully he can replace Davon as our go-to perimeter defender.

Advertisement
If we end up as an 8/9 seed it would be really sweet if in were in a region where UNC was the 1.

Would love to get another crack at them.

If we end up as an 8/9 seed it would be really sweet if in were in a region where UNC was the 1.

Would love to get another crack at them.[/QUOTE

That can't happen. Can only play another team from your conference in the sweet 16 and beyond.

Advertisement
I'm also looking forward to seeing Amp in a bigger role next season. His passing has improved this season. Hopefully he can replace Davon as our go-to perimeter defender.

Amp has been very inconsistent. More bad games than good ones.

RPI went from 35 to 37. Last night meant nothing in that regard.

Forget about the stats above and our seeding, that game meant something internally.

A selfish player hasn't learned anything and essentially hurt us in a winnable game last night. He isn't going to change.

RPI went from 35 to 37. Last night meant nothing in that regard.

Forget about the stats above and our seeding, that game meant something internally.

A selfish player hasn't learned anything and essentially hurt us in a winnable game last night. He isn't going to change.

As much as you have to love L, I do not understand how he thought JN could be a serviceable starting point guard this year. He has the basketball IQ of a cumquat.

Advertisement
Back