Canes vs. Lacrosse Rapists

0 would rather drive on the entire d than kick out to wide open Dj. I've never seen a dude literally never make the right basketball play

HE'S NOT A PG. HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND?

He's literally taking one for the team, playing out of position, doing what the coach asks him to do. He's a scoring, slashing off the ball guard. Jesus, ******* ****.

Advertisement
I'm in shock we won based this ******* thread.

First, great defensive effort by the boys. Coach L is a ******* wizard, and not in the KKK sort of way. 20-8 with this roster and lack of depth. 10-6 in this ACC, maybe the best and deepest ACC ever. Maybe the best and deepest conference in college basketball history. We're tied for 5th in the conference with Duke. We're a couple of bad plays away from being 12-4 and in 2nd place in this conference, but let's just look at where we are. We should be ranked on Monday. Even if we lose out, or split next week, this is L's best coaching job. Previously it was 2013-2014 when he took a young as **** (or just ****) roster and went 7-11 in the ACC (a couple of those games we should have won to be 9-9 or better). Man is a ******* God. ******* **** mang, but L is 4-1 against Top 10 Duke teams at Miami.

As far as today. Bruce Brown. Get your *** back to the Gables next year and we're a top 3 in the ACC (at least) team. Unsung hero was Murphy. Didn't have a great game, but 7 points, 6 boards, 1 blk and 1 stl and he played good defense. Also, Reed had an off night (Duke was keying on him), and aside from the missed front end of a 1 and 1 late, he 9 points, 10 rebounds and 3 stl. Newton had 4 TOs. That's bad. He always does, and always will. He's not a PG. Deal with it. He's only playing there because he has to play there. He's sacrificing for the good of the team. We need him on this team. We need his skill set, and we're going to need him to make a run in the ACCT and, more importantly the NCAAT. Huell was not good today, and barely played. Izundu, while quiet on the stat sheet, was solid on defense (2 blks and only 1 foul). We were 1-8 from 3 and still won. One reason was good FT shooting (10-14), and making them at the end, when it counted. On the season we're 72.2% from the line. And, while were .711 in ACC play, we were below 70% until the last 6-7 games, when we've been $.

We're hot now. We've won 8 of 10. We're playing for seeding (in both tourneys now). Win out and we have a chance at a top 4 ACC finish (we're tied with Duke for 5th now....don't know who has the tiebreaker). If even we lose out, or split, we're still in good shape. If we win out, Coach L should get COY (he won't, but he should).

Loser has missed Huell and Murphy multiple times rolling to the rim

Calling a college kid a loser

1zJJ8.gif

Advertisement
Quan wasn't great this game, but he also hasn't been in a game in over a week, so I expected him to press a bit. He's not a natural PG, but people pretending that this team is better off without him are nuts. He is an aggressive player, and that creates opportunities for other guys, I just want to see him teamed with a legit PG, which will be next season.

The guy is trash and does nothing. It's been that way since he's been here.

Yup, scoring 15ppg is nothing. Averaging 10.5 last year as the 4th option is nothing. You people need to get a grip.

Quan wasn't great this game, but he also hasn't been in a game in over a week, so I expected him to press a bit. He's not a natural PG, but people pretending that this team is better off without him are nuts. He is an aggressive player, and that creates opportunities for other guys, I just want to see him teamed with a legit PG, which will be next season.

The guy is trash and does nothing. It's been that way since he's been here.

Agree he's trash, don't agree he's been trash the entire time. To me the team was better last year with him in the game moreso than Angel. But he is *** now compared to Brown. Pure ***.

Now, you've got be kidding. Angel was very good, especially last year. Do you people know anything about b-ball, or even watch our games?

Angel averged he 12.6 ppg, 4.5 assists, 2.5 rebounds, 1.5 steals, shot 34% from 3 (but made the clutch...a lot of clutch 3s) and averaged 2 TOs a game. He was a true floor general. He also had as much heart as almost anyone I've ever seen in a Miami...ever.

Advertisement
Team is really uneven this year. Great wins and terrible losses. Think team is just thin. Hard to recruit for a program with no history in basketball. Coach L, though, is a tremendous coach. Can't understand anyone not wanting to play for him.

Terrible losses? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. None. Not one. Not one iota. Zero. Zilch.

yeah i don't get the extreme hate for quan on here. he's a deeply flawed player but he also gets into the lane pretty much whenever he wants, which is an important skill. i liked today how they mostly ran the offense thru bruce brown, but having 2 guys who can break their defender down off the dribble especially when the shot clock is going down is a big deal.

Hate? Dude has been awful , all year. He's just not that good. It's just reality.

I've never seen a player with such a low bball iq and no respect for the ball. Most of his bball decisions are a bad one.

Btw, him getting in the paint is useless . Because he won't pass and rarely can finish amongst the bigs

He's the main reason we have the worst to/*** ration in conference.

15ppg is hardly awful

Advertisement
A rebound there would iced the game for Miami I believe...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I was wondering if you were ok or not
Why didn't you ask the first game?

Because that wouldn't have made sense
Makes plenty of sense to me

Says the guy who likes Miami football and Duke basketball

Advertisement
I like Quan. He's a kid, and I like most kids. Rooting for the Canes is fun. By the way, basketball is just a game.
As NS1985 points out, Quan has been asked to play at a position other than his most natural one.

When I started rooting for my school basketball team, I was basically rooting for the players, many of whom I knew. Somehow, that perspective has always stayed with me. I root for the players: not the laundry, not the logo, not some abstract idea of a university. The concept of rooting for the team while disliking some of the players seems foreign to me.
Go Canes.

Last edited:
"Taking one for the team" meaning he's been able to dominate the ball all game , shoots as much as he wants ( no matter how bad the shot) and turn it over as much as assists? You'd think being only six foot he'd want to make the move to pg , especially if he wants to play at the next level. Even if it is oversees.

Its not even the turnovers with him, it's when they come. It's always at key spots/possessions.

Newton didn't just start this either, he's always made awful decisions. You'd think he'd figure it out eventually.

He'd be kicked off or buried on the bench if the pg depth wasn't so awful.

I haven't bashed the kid, just critiquing his on court performances. Im just amazed how bad he can be at times, no matter how simple the basketball play is.

Last edited:
Coach L.: [video=youtube;qaUfJeUm9i4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?DB_OEM_ID=28700&v=qaUfJeUm9i4[/video]

Coach L talks about playing Reed at the 4 the last 10 min to match Taytum who Duke was playing at the 4 but plays more like a 3.

Murph could guard him but at the 4, but this would mean us playing two bigs, Izundu/Huell at the 5. Also because of the "tremendous" ball pressure they put on us, we need Bruce & Quan out there to penetrate/create.

Brings some perspective on why DJ & Quan got a lot of burn down the stretch.

Advertisement
Back