Canes vs. Lacrosse Rapists

Duke at Syracuse tonight. I am actually looking forward to watching this game.

In a weird way... I hope that Duke wins tonight. That would just about eliminate Syracuse and UM would not face Duke coming off of a loss on Saturday.

But on the other hand...any time that Duke loses is sweet.

In what world would a Cuse loss eliminate them? There likely in as of now. They could almost lose out and still have a shot. RPI 32ish 1 more win gets them 9-9 at worst in ACC.

Well... Since everyone who knows the game said that they needed this game tonight, coming off of the Georgia Tech loss, to still be in contention for a bid...I'll defer to that. And a loss tonight would've been their 4th in a row. Losing out would leave them with a shot? 16-15 before ACCT? Wow.

They were 8-7 in conference going into this game. Obviously a loss would have put them at 8-8. But 9-9 was guaranteed playing Louisville and Georgia Tech who just beat them?
:monkey-serious:

Ken Pom had them someplace in the high 50's before tonight.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Duke at Syracuse tonight. I am actually looking forward to watching this game.

In a weird way... I hope that Duke wins tonight. That would just about eliminate Syracuse and UM would not face Duke coming off of a loss on Saturday.

But on the other hand...any time that Duke loses is sweet.

In what world would a Cuse loss eliminate them? There likely in as of now. They could almost lose out and still have a shot. RPI 32ish 1 more win gets them 9-9 at worst in ACC.

Well... Since everyone who knows the game said that they needed this game tonight, coming off of the Georgia Tech loss, to still be in contention for a bid...I'll defer to that. And a loss tonight would've been their 4th in a row. Losing out would leave them with a shot? 16-15 before ACCT? Wow.

They were 8-7 in conference going into this game. Obviously a loss would have put them at 8-8. But 9-9 was guaranteed playing Louisville and Georgia Tech who just beat them?
:monkey-serious:

Ken Pom had them someplace in the high 50's before tonight.

Not saying i disagree with your assessment but just with such a soft bubble even losing out gave them an outside shot and 1 win even home vs GT would likely get them in. Its an unusual year. All this must win is just fake news. People/media throw that term around so loosely this time of year. Also agree obviously would rather be playing Duke off a win than an L. That Duke team is so loaded with talent and scoring but they haven't defended well at all. Gotta take it to the rim vs them.

Bad news guysum. I went to the Duke board, and none of them know LukeFromDuke. They have no recollection of that great American. I am saddened by this news.

Edit: I was giving Duke a chance, trying to make nice, but those ****ers deleted my thread about LukeFromDuke.

Nobody partied like Luke, per Luke.

UM

A win in this game would make us a lock for the tourney, I think...still, I think we're in anyway.

It'll be another close one...they may be gunning hard, seeing how they just lost to Sorrycuse. We're tough to beat at home though, so I think we pull it out, especially with Newton back and (hopefully) coming off the bench. If he starts, we may **** the bed.

A win in this game would make us a lock for the tourney, I think...still, I think we're in anyway.

It'll be another close one...they may be gunning hard, seeing how they just lost to Sorrycuse. We're tough to beat at home though, so I think we pull it out, especially with Newton back and (hopefully) coming off the bench. If he starts, we may **** the bed.

The chances of Newton starting on Saturday are about zero.

Advertisement
Predictions from Duke board:

Duke: 77
Miami: 64

Depends on whether Duke shows up to play and wants it more than Miami. They didn't versus Syracuse

Miami 80
Duke 76

I think we win this one. As weird as it is, I actually came away from this game feeling better about our future prospects. Giles seems to be earning trust from the coaches and is getting more playing time and I don't see Grayson, Frank, and Matt shooting 2-17 from 3 again.

Such a bad taste in my mouth right now. We better come out strong and win comfortably or else I just don't see this team making a deep tourney run. Need to bounce back.

I predict Duke will suck **** defensively and underachieve as has been the case all year long for one of if not the most overrated preseason team of all time.

Duke will be mad after the Syracuse game getting away like that. I expect them to be focused and better on D.
Duke 81
Mia 77

K plays small ball and Miami wins.

It will come down to the last few minutes. Hope K rests Allen and plays Tatum at the 3.
[MENTION=690]Miami[/MENTION] is always tough

Miami 82
Duke 50

I'm going to go with that it's probably going to be a really close game. If Tatum, Luke or Grayson step up and carry us we win. If those 3 go cold the last few minutes we lose. I feel like this is every game for us.

I guess i forgot...did they return the preseason player of the year as well as 2 seniors from a national championship team...as well as one of the best recruiting classes in history?

They are a well coached team.

Loss here and I feel like any post-season momentum is done, unless we win both FSU and UNC. If we lose this, even if we win FSU, but lose UNC, we're limping into the post-season losing 3 of our last four.

Miami wins unfortunately Duke does not play well at all there and usually Miami has their number! Hope I'm wrong. Their guards are quick and strong. Not a good recipe for us. Duke better get it together or won't even have a bye in acc tournament.

The more I think about this game, the more critical I think it is. If we lose, we have to win the next two, otherwise we're 1-3 over last 4 going into tournament time. Not a recipe for confidence and momentum and probably a 5 seed looking at a strong 12.
If we win this and FSU, we can lose UNC and still get a 4 seed and still have some positive momentum.

Duke 79
Miami 75

They come out flat first 5 minutes....through 1st half and/or early 2nd half we lead between 6-10 points as usual. Miami makes chips away, takes slight lead and then we both go back and forth for remainder of game for god knows what type of conclusion.
Pretty predictable I think of how it will go, just not sure the outcome.

Only chance is to outscore them. Our D is getting worse.

Duke 81
Miami 78

Miami-81
Duke- 74

Miami scores 80+, we barely win or lose, Coach blames lack of heart, sunshine pumpers blame injuries/refs/bad luck.

we're gonna get rolled

Depends on whether Duke shows up to play and wants it more than Miami. They didn't versus Syracuse

Miami 80
Duke 76

I think we win this one. As weird as it is, I actually came away from this game feeling better about our future prospects. Giles seems to be earning trust from the coaches and is getting more playing time and I don't see Grayson, Frank, and Matt shooting 2-17 from 3 again.

Such a bad taste in my mouth right now. We better come out strong and win comfortably or else I just don't see this team making a deep tourney run. Need to bounce back.

I predict Duke will suck **** defensively and underachieve as has been the case all year long for one of if not the most overrated preseason team of all time.

Duke will be mad after the Syracuse game getting away like that. I expect them to be focused and better on D.
Duke 81
Mia 77

It will come down to the last few minutes. Hope K rests Allen and plays Tatum at the 3.

Miami 82
Duke 50

I'm going to go with that it's probably going to be a really close game. If Tatum, Luke or Grayson step up and carry us we win. If those 3 go cold the last few minutes we lose. I feel like this is every game for us.

I guess i forgot...did they return the preseason player of the year as well as 2 seniors from a national championship team...as well as one of the best recruiting classes in history?

Loss here and I feel like any post-season momentum is done, unless we win both FSU and UNC. If we lose this, even if we win FSU, but lose UNC, we're limping into the post-season losing 3 of our last four.

Miami wins unfortunately Duke does not play well at all there and usually Miami has their number! Hope I'm wrong. Their guards are quick and strong. Not a good recipe for us. Duke better get it together or won't even have a bye in acc tournament.

The more I think about this game, the more critical I think it is. If we lose, we have to win the next two, otherwise we're 1-3 over last 4 going into tournament time. Not a recipe for confidence and momentum and probably a 5 seed looking at a strong 12.
If we win this and FSU, we can lose UNC and still get a 4 seed and still have some positive momentum.

Duke 79
Miami 75

They come out flat first 5 minutes....through 1st half and/or early 2nd half we lead between 6-10 points as usual. Miami makes chips away, takes slight lead and then we both go back and forth for remainder of game for god knows what type of conclusion.

Duke 81
Miami 78

Miami-81
Duke- 74

Miami scores 80+, we barely win or lose, Coach blames lack of heart, sunshine pumpers blame injuries/refs/bad luck.

we're gonna get rolled

Would be nice if this was formatted better so I could tell which score prediction was accompanied by which text. But they seem to give Miami a lot of credit. Kinda surprised.

Advertisement

Miami 80
Duke 76

Duke 81
Mia 77

Miami 82
Duke 50

Duke 79
Miami 75

Duke 81
Miami 78

Miami-81
Duke- 74

we're gonna get rolled

Would be nice if this was formatted better so I could tell which score prediction was accompanied by which text. But they seem to give Miami a lot of credit. Kinda surprised.

I spaced them out. Each one is a separate post. Not everyone posted a score. Each one that's spaced out is a separate post or response.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back