Canes vs. Ann Arbor's safety school

Why am I not shocked that the idiots in the fanbase are happy that this happened? It doesn't make sense, but I'm convinced that we have fans that get their jollies off of watching the team lose. Never mind the fact this team overachieved, Coach L is garbage, because Miami blew their load in the first ten minutes of their first round NCAA Tournament game.

Happy? I'm ****ed and beyond disappointed. God forbid anyone express criticism, right? Fvck off.

Advertisement
Larranaga has taken us to the tournament 3 times in 6 years -- weve only been in it 5 times before he came = fire him now lol

Why am I not shocked that the idiots in the fanbase are happy that this happened? It doesn't make sense, but I'm convinced that we have fans that get their jollies off of watching the team lose. Never mind the fact this team overachieved, Coach L is garbage, because Miami blew their load in the first ten minutes of their first round NCAA Tournament game.

Happy? I'm ****ed and beyond disappointed. God forbid anyone express criticism, right? Fvck off.

Exactly. No one is happy about this. We just lost by 25 to North Carolina and now this embarrassing performance.....Fans are going to be ****ed and vent a little.

Larranaga has taken us to the tournament 3 times in 6 years -- weve only been in it 5 times before he came = fire him now lol

Glad to see you can't read. Who has said they want him fired in this thread? Not gonna hold my breath for that one.

Criticism = "dude fire him now lmao"

Some of yall are acting like we were supposed to be one of the best teams in the ACC this year. Finishing with an 8th seed was very good....better than anyone would have expected entering this season.

Plus this was more of a game where we obviously played bad, but Michigan State was definitely playing much better than they have all season. They were making every ******* shot they took.

It's cool to be ****ed at this result, but ultimately we had a good season and finished better than expected. Next year expectations are a lot higher though.

Advertisement
Some of yall are acting like we were supposed to be one of the best teams in the ACC this year. Finishing with an 8th seed was very good....better than anyone would have expected entering this season.

Plus this was more of a game where we obviously played bad, but Michigan State was definitely playing much better than they have all season. They were making every ****ing shot they took.

It's cool to be ****ed at this result, but ultimately we had a good season and finished better than expected. Next year expectations are a lot higher though.

I think what has people (including myself) upset is how shockingly inconsistent we have been this season. We have shown we are good and capable enough to beat Duke, UNC, UVA, almost beat Louisville, etc., yet we turn around and look completely unprepared and inept, like tonight for example. I'm sorry, but I just don't accept the "we weren't supposed to be good this year" excuse.

As I have already said, a loss tonight would not have shocked me. I accept we are not a GREAT team this year. But to hardly even show up and get flat out embarrassed on national TV in the tourney tonight? No. There's simply no excuse.

Glad to see you can't read. Who has said they want him fired in this thread? Not gonna hold my breath for that one.

There's people criticizing him all over this thread. What do ppl want a final four? I mean this man was just in the sweet 16 last year! Now all of the sudden hes a bad coach... yea because Miami basketball can bring in a Calipari

There's people criticizing him all over this thread. What do ppl want a final four? I mean this man was just in the sweet 16 last year! Now all of the sudden hes a bad coach... yea because Miami basketball can bring in a Calipari

Again, no one has even called him a bad coach. Stop putting words in people's mouths. All anyone is saying is that L shouldn't be so untouchable like a lot of fans act. A lot of fans act like he can do no wrong and jump all over people if they even hint at criticism. It's just silly at this point.

As far as the final four comment, I have already said specifically why this is upsetting a few posts above.

You're an elite kind of retarded, aren't you?

No one said anything about firing him. But don't give me fans calling other fans out for not caring enough. This is a mediocre, boring program.

They have a top 10 recruiting class coming in. Off yourself loser

Took that guy at UF one season to pass us by as a program.

That's not true. UF is mediocre and we have a better class coming in.

If Florida is mediocre then what are we? Florida won today and looked good doing it. We are getting out coached, out played, out hustled, and embarrassed on national tv by a team that most people agreed shouldn't even be in the tournament.

Yes, they passed right by us. Sweet 16 team with a chance for a final 8. They beat us easily as well, and look to be better next season. Their first round opponent was better than ours.

They had a real rebuilding year in 2016, meaning they progressed and were 100% better this season.

We badly underperform in the Tournament. We have played basically awful basketball for weeks now, since beating Duke. Terrible losses in 4 of our last 5 games, the one win being a "didn't reach opponent's depth of depravity" situation.

Very dissapointed in our Tourney history under L, BUT.....it was amazing we even got in.

Maybe the criticism should be focused on his recruiting? Is he a winner at getting impact transfers, but deficient at building teams from solid freshman that progress?

Does he get the most out of his talent over the season, but incapable of getting them to play up in the Tourney?

Advertisement
We made the NCAA tournament WITHOUT a POINT GUARD. Lets face it due to sanctions we were undermanned this year. Frankly we were better without Newton in there. He will go back to 2 guard next year .With Lykes and Watkins we will have a much better offense .Hopefully Miller will be more than a 7 foot bust .

We made it without a LOT of things. Indeed.

If Florida is mediocre then what are we? Florida won today and looked good doing it. We are getting out coached, out played, out hustled, and embarrassed on national tv by a team that most people agreed shouldn't even be in the tournament.

Yes, they passed right by us. Sweet 16 team with a chance for a final 8. They beat us easily as well, and look to be better next season. Their first round opponent was better than ours.

They had a real rebuilding year in 2016, meaning they progressed and were 100% better this season.

We badly underperform in the Tournament. We have played basically awful basketball for weeks now, since beating Duke. Terrible losses in 4 of our last 5 games, the one win being a "didn't reach opponent's depth of depravity" situation.

Very dissapointed in our Tourney history under L, BUT.....it was amazing we even got in.

Maybe the criticism should be focused on his recruiting? Is he a winner at getting impact transfers, but deficient at building teams from solid freshman that progress?

Does he get the most out of his talent over the season, but incapable of getting them to play up in the Tourney?

Just what I thought. This was one of the first times you followed this team, right? Recruiting? How about this year's and next year's class? Player development? Ever heard of tonye jekiri? Incapable of getting far in the tourney? Ever heard of George Mason?

I'm not saying he can't be criticized. He should be for this loss. But he did try to make adjustments. He had Brown start bringing up the ball in the second half.

Honestly Coach L knows what the **** he's doing. You know how we never ran a play for an inbounds pass under the hoop this year? It's not cause he's a dumbass. I'm guessing it's cause the team couldn't prove they could do it efficiently without turning the ball over in practice. This team was a turnover machine led by Newton. Next year with lykes as PG we'll play much better.

I get there are a bunch of you coming out of the woodworks because we lost a big game. But even look at some of our "quality" wins. Our offense was trash against Duke and Virginia. We lost some games terribly. Stop acting like we were great all season and blew this one game. We blew many games this season because this team wasn't good enough.

Last edited:
Jaromir spread his *** cheeks nice and wide for Richt during the season when his atrocious play calling cost us several game at but now he's ripping Coach L.

This is obviously an embarrassing Performance to this point but Jaromir just shows his ignorance with these preposterous statements.

Oh, trust me, I know that "Coach L" is untouchable, even when he's getting his head bashed in.

Which I hate. There is no chance none of the blame falls on him for this, one of our worst performances I've seen in a while. We look completely unprepared. Michigan State has talent, but they are not this good and that should be obvious to anyone who has watched multiple games of theirs this year. Or even just their resume on paper, to be honest.

Inexcusable and disappointing.

Edit: before any simpletons start assuming, **** NO I do not want Coach L fired. Just sick of fans acting like he can't be criticized, yet our fanbase wants to rip Richt apart because he struggled to find the right schemes with a statue QB and terrible oline.

Fundamental difference between L and Richt, L OVERACHIEVES with his teams **** near every season. Richt, for as good of a coach as he is, hasn't done that a ton, he has the reputation of UNDERACHIEVING with the talent he has. Think about the following: When L has an experienced team, you get what you expect. If you would have told most of us before the seasonthat Miami would finish 10-8 in conference play, with Quan not improving one iota from last season in regards to the PG position, and Dewan Huell being a total non-factor, people would have laughed. This team

By the way, if you think tonight's performance was the worst you've seen from this team this year, then you must have just started watching. This team has had some bad performances, as inconsistent teams tend to have at times. It's hilarious that the team that beat the living **** out of UNC, beat UVA on the road, and beat Duke could lose by 20+ to Syracuse, and Michigan State. I wonder how different this team will look, when they have a steady hand at the most important position on the floor.

Plus this was more of a game where we obviously played bad, but Michigan State was definitely playing much better than they have all season. They were making every ****ing shot they took.

I think what has people (including myself) upset is how shockingly inconsistent we have been this season. We have shown we are good and capable enough to beat Duke, UNC, UVA, almost beat Louisville, etc., yet we turn around and look completely unprepared and inept, like tonight for example. I'm sorry, but I just don't accept the "we weren't supposed to be good this year" excuse.

As I have already said, a loss tonight would not have shocked me. I accept we are not a GREAT team this year. But to hardly even show up and get flat out embarrassed on national TV in the tourney tonight? No. There's simply no excuse.

Inconsistent teams tend to have high highs, and low lows. Most inconsistent basketball teams lack an important piece, in our case, we lack the most important piece, a point guard. People underrate how important guys like Shane Larkin and Angel Rodriguez are. When you have a steady hand at the PG position, you can bring a team back into it, and this team doesn't have that. When things go wrong, it tends to be compounded by Quan doing something stupid. When this game was on the verge, you knew Quan was going to do something insane, and that's exactly what happened tonight. He insists on driving the lane, knowing full well that they are packing the paint. Instead of hitting some open shooters, or at the least creating dish opportunities to his bigs, he decides to jack up floaters, which he doesn't hit.

Advertisement
I don't get it. Everybody knew this was a rebuilding year. People said before the season this was at the very best a bubble team, but most likely a NIT team.

We post a winning record in the ACC, beat UNC, Duke, and Va, earn an 8-seed, and people call this season a disappointment? This was a disappointing game, but this team overachieved for the season.

As people have been saying all along, next year, with Lykes and Walker coming in, is when we have a chance to be elite again.

Idt you ******* idiots realize the coaching job it took to make those mongaloids win 21 games in the ACC.

We beat Duke and UNC this season. Those are better wins than anything Florida has done. They're an ok team. Likely to lose to UVA. Who we beat also.

MSU has an elite coach and we got flat out whooped today. It is what is it. I'm not denying Coach L should bring in some outside help to update his offensive system. But he's the best we're gonna get here. So we have to roll with the punches.

There is nothing wrong with the offensive system, no one complained when it was Shane or Angel running it. Even Pete Carrill looked like a moron when he had a mediocre PG. What L runs is reliant on a good PG that can make rational decisions. Quan can't do that, and you see inconsistency as a result. Then again, we saw this same thing when Angel struggled his first year, it's hard to do the things L wants to do when you can't get consistent production out of a key position. Lykes is an improvement, just because he's an actual point guard, not a combo guard pretending to be a PG. Then again, the guard L wanted to be his PG is at Baylor right now, because he didn't want to sit for a year, even though it was proven that redshirting was the best thing to happen to Manu.

Advertisement

Us beating Duke, UNC, and at UVA was us playing above our actual level though, thats the difference; We overachieved. Even winning those games shows that Coach L is getting us wins we shouldn't be getting.

This was a rebuilding year, and Coach L got us to an 8 seed. Quite frankly I just think we got unlikely having to play against MSU...even if we were placed in the region with the weakest 1 seed.

But the big thing is your acting like MSU didn't just play out of their mind. They shot like 75% from 2pt range and like over 50% on all their shots. Other than the first 10 minutes they were turning it over, they had everything go their way on offense. And we have been a pretty good defensive team all year, I think 2nd in the ACC. Now do you think we just suddenly sucked at playing defense or MSU was just on fire tonight?

Secondly we were rebuilding, and Not only weren't we a great team, we were just an average team. Our Defense was really good. Other than that we weren't good all year. Ask yourself if you were told we'd get an 8 seed in the tournament before this year started would you call that a good year? I would. Maybe if Manu had never left we could have expected more, but he did.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, many of us become less intelligent reading this board. Drinking bleach would be, at minimum, a win win for the rest of us.

Sadly, most of the people crying are trolls or unintelligent ****heads, but the site has a long standing anti-moderation policy since the WEZ days so the rest of us take what we get to talk Canes ball.

Us beating Duke, UNC, and at UVA was us playing above our actual level though, thats the difference; We overachieved. Even winning those games shows that Coach L is getting us wins we shouldn't be getting.

This was a rebuilding year, and Coach L got us to an 8 seed. Quite frankly I just think we got unlikely having to play against MSU...even if we were placed in the region with the weakest 1 seed.

But the big thing is your acting like MSU didn't just play out of their mind. They shot like 75% from 2pt range and like over 50% on all their shots. Other than the first 10 minutes they were turning it over, they had everything go their way on offense. And we have been a pretty good defensive team all year, I think 2nd in the ACC. Now do you think we just suddenly sucked at playing defense or MSU was just on fire tonight?

Secondly we were rebuilding, and Not only weren't we a great team, we were just an average team. Our Defense was really good. Other than that we weren't good all year. Ask yourself if you were told we'd get an 8 seed in the tournament before this year started would you call that a good year? I would. Maybe if Manu had never left we could have expected more, but he did.

Izzo said that tonight after the first 7-8 minutes was not only the best they had played this season but it is the best they have played over the last several seasons.

Advertisement
Back