Canes Undrafted Free Agents

Advertisement
I'm rooting hard for Yearby. He's got a family to take care of. Think he can make a living as a 3rd down back w his hands. He's not the fastest, he's not the biggest, but his vision, cutting ability, and hands along w popping 5-6ypc should get him some consideration. If that 5-6 **** who my Bears drafted from the MEAC got drafted (still don't understand that dumb pick among many), certainly Yearby can latch on to a practice squad or even sneak into a 53 man roster.

He's just not good enough to play in the NFL, period.

Like 99% of other college students, he needs to take care of his family by finishing school and getting a real job. I'm sure UM allows football players to return to finish, and that's what he needs to do.

I've never understood the "he has a family so he needs to leave" argument. He's an undersized RB who runs a 5.08 40. He just isn't a NFL player, like the vast majority of college football players

Advertisement
Yearby is the prime example of what's wrong with college sports.

He should have stayed in school. NOT because he might have improved his draft stock.

He should have stayed because he didn't have any draft value, at all. But he did have college eligibility left. And he hasn't completed his degree.

I completely agree with the sentiment that doesn't understand the "he has a family to feed" argument. Some of y'all must believe everyone who declares for the draft is guaranteed a big check. Lol

Yearby is a small back, who isn't exceptionally fast or strong. And his quickness is overrated by Miami fans. Objectively, Yearby is a guy that we would have all laughed at for leaving early if he were at Florida or FSU.

Hopefully, the kid goes back to Miami to finish his degree, instead of chasing a dream he's not likely to catch.

Get the degree, then get into coaching. No shame in going that route, IMO.

I'm rooting hard for Yearby. He's got a family to take care of. Think he can make a living as a 3rd down back w his hands. He's not the fastest, he's not the biggest, but his vision, cutting ability, and hands along w popping 5-6ypc should get him some consideration. If that 5-6 **** who my Bears drafted from the MEAC got drafted (still don't understand that dumb pick among many), certainly Yearby can latch on to a practice squad or even sneak into a 53 man roster.

Like 99% of other college students, he needs to take care of his family by finishing school and getting a real job. I'm sure UM allows football players to return to finish, and that's what he needs to do.

I've never understood the "he has a family so he needs to leave" argument. He's an undersized RB who runs a 5.08 40. He just isn't a NFL player, like the vast majority of college football players

Advertisement
Yearby is the prime example of what's wrong with college sports.

He should have stayed in school. NOT because he might have improved his draft stock.

He should have stayed because he didn't have any draft value, at all. But he did have college eligibility left. And he hasn't completed his degree.

I completely agree with the sentiment that doesn't understand the "he has a family to feed" argument. Some of y'all must believe everyone who declares for the draft is guaranteed a big check. Lol

Yearby is a small back, who isn't exceptionally fast or strong. And his quickness is overrated by Miami fans. Objectively, Yearby is a guy that we would have all laughed at for leaving early if he were at Florida or FSU.

Hopefully, the kid goes back to Miami to finish his degree, instead of chasing a dream he's not likely to catch.

Get the degree, then get into coaching. No shame in going that route, IMO.

Gentlemen, I agree w both of these solid post.

Yearby does have one elite trait. That would be his lateral jump step. Minus that he is below average for a starting ACC RB in every category. There were 7 ACC RB's drafted this year. The truth is that if Yearby was not from South FL he'd have never signed with an ACC school. He was terribly overrated coming out as a 5 star by some services. He should've stayed at UM and backed up Mark this season. He would've gotten enough touches to get noticed with a weaker RB class next year. Mixon and Perrine from OK both got drafted and they are way overrated IMO. Yearby would've had a better chance of getting paid next year. The karma of ******** over his team is giving him what he deserves.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just saw Yearby apply to be a valet but he was turned down for being too slow
didnt you mow my lawn last week ?

hes got a family to take care of you ***
My point exactly why leave before getting your degree. before you take your long shot at the pros. It's extremely hard to leave school and ever return, especially with children.
you should have stayed in school since you have reading comprehension issues.

The lesson college players should learn from Yearby isn't about leaving school early to go pro. It's about putting a **** condom on.

Advertisement
Back