Canes Undrafted Free Agents

Advertisement
Really wish Yearby would stop getting lumped in w the other UDFAs and the narrative that all those guys made huge mistakes. None of the reports provide the nuances of Yearby's situation.

UM has an open door policy with former athletes by allowing them to come back and finish their degrees. Nothing wrong with Yearby trying to make his money now and coming back to UM in a year or a few to get his degree. Based on his diminished role at the end of last year he clearly would not have been drafted higher next year if he returned to UM. Transferring to another program was likely too much cuz the dude has a family in Miami. Let him take his shot at the league (or other pro football), and if it doesn't work he can get a degree and get into coaching

Really wish Yearby would stop getting lumped in w the other UDFAs and the narrative that all those guys made huge mistakes. None of the reports provide the nuances of Yearby's situation.

UM has an open door policy with former athletes by allowing them to come back and finish their degrees. Nothing wrong with Yearby trying to make his money now and coming back to UM in a year or a few to get his degree. Based on his diminished role at the end of last year he clearly would not have been drafted higher next year if he returned to UM. Transferring to another program was likely too much cuz the dude has a family in Miami. Let him take his shot at the league (or other pro football), and if it doesn't work he can get a degree and get into coaching

If UM has a policy that will allow him to continue his education at no cost, then I agree, it was not a loss as he most likely would not have bettered his draft position. Kid is a Cane so I wish him well, hope he gets his degree and has a successful life.

Listen I feel for yearby and hope he catches on somewhere but there aren't a lot of jobs for small backs that run close to a 5.0 forty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yearby ran a 4.7 at his pro day this year. Not sure why multiple people continue to say that he runs a 5 second 40. He's obviously not fast, but definitely not that slow.

Even if he doesn't get signed now, I'm sure he'll be able to get some tryouts with some teams and hopefully he'll get scooped up by someone. Obviously should never be a starting running back, but he's got enough specific skills to carve out a role on a team.

Advertisement
Yearby ran a 4.7 at his pro day this year. Not sure why multiple people continue to say that he runs a 5 second 40. He's obviously not fast, but definitely not that slow.

Even if he doesn't get signed now, I'm sure he'll be able to get some tryouts with some teams and hopefully he'll get scooped up by someone. Obviously should never be a starting running back, but he's got enough specific skills to carve out a role on a team.

He would be perfect for new england

Never understand the reason why some of our "fans" take potshots at these kids. Yearby made his decision. I didn't agree with it, mainly because in his family situation, the ability to return to school and finish his degree will pretty low.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
The longer this goes on, the worse I feel for Yearby.

He leaves early knowing that he's not going to get drafted but at least that he'll make a practice squad and make plenty of money to care for his kids and family and instead it looks like he'll be back in school in the exact same position he was when all of this started. He just wont be on the team.

Advertisement
I wish the Pats nabbed Yearby, he's great in space. I just think the issue for him will be can he play specials? He could at the least get on a roster if he can play special teams. But I suppose you need plus speed to do that anyway. Its a shame for him. I mean dude was legend in H.S. And I am sure he always just thought he would make it to the league and then all his kid issues would be figured out. Now homie is prolly super stressing. Hopefully he makes it a couple of years and gets into coaching or something. Keep your head up young man!

I wish the Pats nabbed Yearby, he's great in space. I just think the issue for him will be can he play specials? He could at the least get on a roster if he can play special teams. But I suppose you need plus speed to do that anyway. Its a shame for him. I mean dude was legend in H.S. And I am sure he always just thought he would make it to the league and then all his kid issues would be figured out. Now homie is prolly super stressing. Hopefully he makes it a couple of years and gets into coaching or something. Keep your head up young man!

pats are weird about Rbs... its always by committee it seems, but stealing backs is their thing so yes this was a no brainer, maybe they want a bruiser like blount that does not lose the ball..

Advertisement
Yearby is slow for a college running back and no one can deny that. He got caught from behind a lot. But it was always while carving the defense for 10 or 15 yrd gashes and was a **** of a receiver out of the backfield. I would say just as good if not better then Walton and that's not a downgrade. He was very productive here and if his vision proves to be elite in the the NFL his speed shouldnt matter to much. I think he will actually turn out to be one of the UDFA that prove they were better then that. Hope I'm right.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Yearby is slow for a college running back and no one can deny that. He got caught from behind a lot. But it was always while carving the defense for 10 or 15 yrd gashes and was a **** of a receiver out of the backfield. I would say just as good if not better then Walton and that's not a downgrade. He was very productive here and if his vision proves to be elite in the the NFL his speed shouldnt matter to much. I think he will actually turn out to be one of the UDFA that prove they were better then that. Hope I'm right.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Im really not far off. Now go watch yearby highlights and tell me im off.
0a95c080eb26a29f4533c222d1f94d66.jpg
7769c419a83135bdb660aa0972a61636.jpg

giphy.gif
Im really not far off. Now go watch yearby highlights and tell me im off.
0a95c080eb26a29f4533c222d1f94d66.jpg
7769c419a83135bdb660aa0972a61636.jpg

Joe Yearby couldn't pick up a blitz to save his life. His between the tackles short yardage game is non-existent. Also look at all those TD's!!!!!

But hey! What do I know? He didn't even get drafted and I guarantee Walton will.

Advertisement
Back