Canes twitter account tweets Hickson named as RB coach

Guy who grew up down here and has South Florida ties. Has coached at the D1 level a few years. I don’t see anything wrong with the hire. Doesn’t have an amazing resume or pedigree, so that’ll make recruiting harder, but if he can croot that’s what matters most at that position. We’ll see.

He coached Sony at ah. Was at Coral Springs charter prior.

Advertisement
Advertisement
RB is the easiest position to coach on the entire field. There was so sense in paying Thomas brown 600k to do it. We’ll get exactly the same results for probably less than half the cost and get south Florida connections on top of it.

What is funny is most will be mad because they made up this Seider nonsense ( which was never happening in the first place) but this was been rumored for a week now almost.
It was confirmed that Seider reached out to Manny so it could and should have happened

Unimpressive hire. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the potential to be a great coach for UM. Hopefully he wasn’t hired for “local ties” to SFL, that hasn’t worked well for us in the past. I support him until proven otherwise.

64FA7FF5-9E07-4D57-8D9E-5A49C9E86B35.jpeg

Advertisement
RB is the easiest position to coach on the entire field. There was so sense in paying Thomas brown 600k to do it. We’ll get exactly the same results for probably less than half the cost and get south Florida connections on top of it.
Truth of the matter is rb is the easiest position to recruit especially at Miami. I’m not all in on the hire but will defitniely give him a chance. He seems like he can relate to players

Unimpressive hire. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the potential to be a great coach for UM. Hopefully he wasn’t hired for “local ties” to SFL, that hasn’t worked well for us in the past. I support him until proven otherwise.
It’s not just to south Florida he supposedly has contacts all over the country

Advertisement
Not gonna take my pants off and strut around the living room over this one, but he's on the staff now so let's ride with it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back