Canes Travis Home & Jeff Thomas turning heads on offense

Advertisement
I heard they almost cancelled practice due to lightning until they realized it was just Jeff Thomas

Homer is going to be special. I love walton but this kids ceiling is much higher IMO.

Good tidbits in that article. Glad Homer and Thomas are looking impressive. Good info on Dallas too.

And for all of those on here obsessed with redshirting Freshmen I agree with Brown when he says "We don’t sign freshmen to redshirt,”

Advertisement
I have a feeling that OUR #4 will be terrorizing da nolies for years to come jus like we had to deal with their #4

I kinda feel for these reporters when I get half a paragraph in and realize I watched the coach say all of these things already.

Advertisement
Good tidbits in that article. Glad Homer and Thomas are looking impressive. Good info on Dallas too.

And for all of those on here obsessed with redshirting Freshmen I agree with Brown when he says "We don’t sign freshmen to redshirt,”
Redshirting Freshman is from the old school thinking of College Football.

In todays game, most of these young guys are ahead of schedule & if they show they can play, there's no reason to Shirt'em.

Obviously, QB's & OL tend to be shirted because for QB's there's usually upperclassmen that already have the job secured & there's a learning curve, and for OL's there's also a learning curve along with physical development that needs to take place.

But practically every other position can play fresh out of HS & still have an impact on the field.

Especially for us, because Richt & staff had to completely rid the program from the 5 years of Folden, and the damage that caused takes quite some time to repair & one of the best ways to reverse those negative effects on the field is get as many young incoming guys ready to go right away.

Our staff showed last year they can get guys ready under unordinary circumstances & maximize their productivity while continuously helping them develop.

So, our True Sophomores end up being more like Juniors because their expotenial growth is increased by high usage rate.

Basically, the more they play, they better they get & by the time they reach their optimum peak in college they'll have more experience than most players in the same role.

Last edited:
I kinda feel for these reporters when I get half a paragraph in and realize I watched the coach say all of these things already.

I feel worse for myself when I realize I wasted my time clicking the link to read something I knew about 4-6 hours earlier from the videos or CIS reports. I'm sure it helps the players develop patience with the media when they get to deal with the SMDs of the world asking them dumb questions after a good hard practice.

But some of y'all still worried about who the 4th string running back is going to be like that's going to have a big impact on the season.... Homer is going to ball. He's the most athletic running back on the roster

Advertisement
Huge Homer fan. He hits the hole like a missile. Incredible burst.

Thats a money quote from Brown: "We dont sign freshman to redshirt."

Homer has a higher ceiling than Walton. He's got more size/speed/athleticism. Good to see early reports on Homer are so positive because he should play a big role this year.

Thomas is a rare & special talent. He's gonna ball from Day 1.

Homer is going to be special. I love walton but this kids ceiling is much higher IMO.

What makes you believe he has a higher ceiling than Walton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because he's faster and has more wiggle from what I've seen. Also the kid will run through a wall for his coach. Who knows I may be wrong but I haven't felt this good in a while about a RB since Duke.

Advertisement
But some of y'all still worried about who the 4th string running back is going to be like that's going to have a big impact on the season.... Homer is going to ball. He's the most athletic running back on the roster

Why would anyone worry about the position that has the shortest shelf life ? We are crazy.

Been telling everyone JT4 is going to be a star from Game 1. Guys like Harley and Deejay are really good but JT is just special. Absolutely electric with the ball, unreal body control, and plays aggressive (would be a stud CB too).

Only issue with him in HS is that he'd sometimes take plays off or be disintereted because he was so much better than the competition. Dugans will get him right real quick though.

Why would anyone worry about the position that has the shortest shelf life ? We are crazy.

When has Miami in the last 5 years have the 4th string running back take on meaningful carries or ones that came impact the season

Advertisement
Back