Canes still in strong position for 4-star QB Johnson Jr.

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
At first glance I thought it was corny until I realized the 14 represented years since the FIRST Incredibles movie came out. Easy to forget this is a probably a first favorite movie for a lot if these young men who, 17-19 now, were 3-5 when the movie debuted. #Imold

It's still corny, but so what.

I get what you're saying about their childhood, but too bad this wasn't one of the better kid flicks from that time.

I really think that's more of a function of our head coach really preferring sticking with upperclassmen and experience at QB more so than lack of talent at QB.
Then you can't make that claim. Especially considering that Richt doesn't have a history of starting the upperclassmen.

Then you can't make that claim. Especially considering that Richt doesn't have a history of starting the upperclassmen.

I can't make the claim that we have had excellent QB recruiting the past couple of years and simultaneously say that our head coach probably prefers experience at the QB spot? I don't see anything contradictory in those statements whatsoever.

Advertisement
I can't make the claim that we have had excellent QB recruiting the past couple of years and simultaneously say that our head coach probably prefers experience at the QB spot? I don't see anything contradictory in those statements whatsoever.
History would say he doesn't prefer experience. Stafford started his freshman season, David Green was a RS Freshman when he started, and Aaron Murray started his RS Freshman season. I don't think you contradicted yourself but there's no clear-cut proof that we've recruited QB's at an elite level.

It’s definitely just that right wants to stick with Rosier the redshirt senior. I think without a doubt jarren is more talented than Malik and the same goes for N’kosi.

I think so as well. Imo Jarren is the most talented QB on the team.

I just don't think that our recruiting at that position has been "elite" though.

History would say he doesn't prefer experience. Stafford started his freshman season, David Green was a RS Freshman when he started, and Aaron Murray started his RS Freshman season. I don't think you contradicted yourself but there's no clear-cut proof that we've recruited QB's at an elite level.

Stafford started because the starting QB got injured. Then, when Tereshinsi or whatever his name was became healthy, Richt started him again but he stunk up the joint so he replaced him with Stafford. Regarding Murray, many wanted him to play his freshman season but Richt redshirted him anyway and started the mediocre senior and preceded to have one of his worst years record wise at UGA. We'll see how things play out this year, but I'd venture to guess that Richt is going to do what he normally does. If he has a veteran option, he's going to go that route until it's not working.

Advertisement
He most likely gonna commit to us on paradise, Why would he go to NC State and FSU already has a qb committed. He's ours for the taking.

Advertisement
I think he waits to see how our Qb situation plays out. If Rosier starts he knows he'll be taking part in the best Qb competition in the nation next season.

Advertisement
Back