Canes still in strong position for 4-star QB Johnson Jr.

View as article
Advertisement
Credit the staff for evolving. Initially they said no OVs in spring and fall but give them credit for adjusting that and knowing that sometimes you gotta go outta your comfort zone to get the guy u want. Initially Johnson was asked to OV in December but I guess it became clear they had to bring him in to lock him down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Super smart by Canes PR dept! He posted earlier he was excited about the movie and they used it to their benefit! Taggart and then would have done something corny with Finding Nemo or some ****!
I see how some think it’s corny on here but what was corny was what taggart did with the Mickey Mouse thing ... what we did is literally chess not checkers

Credit the staff for evolving. Initially they said no OVs in spring and fall but give them credit for adjusting that and knowing that sometimes you gotta go outta your comfort zone to get the guy u want. Initially Johnson was asked to OV in December but I guess it became clear they had to bring him in to lock him down.

yes. Or finally find out if they have to move on. Next stop is supposed to be FSU this weekend for him. Let's see if that happens...

He ran a 4.58 laser timed 40. Sign him all the way the ***** up.
Even if QB doesn't work out, with his skill set he could make the NFL at probably 3 positions. He will either improve his passing and be Lamar, or be a game breaker at Wideout.

Worst case scenario his accuracy remains crap and he wont consider switching positions. Best case he's Lamar Jackson. My projection is he becomes Reggie Wayne

Advertisement
Advertisement
Even if QB doesn't work out, with his skill set he could make the NFL at probably 3 positions. He will either improve his passing and be Lamar, or be a game breaker at Wideout.

Worst case scenario his accuracy remains crap and he wont consider switching positions. Best case he's Lamar Jackson. My projection is he becomes Reggie Wayne
Who said his accuracy is crap? He finished the first spot outside of the elite 11 qbs and on one of the days had a top 3 day of all the qbs. Everyone has noted how much he improved as a passer

Who said his accuracy is crap? He finished the first spot outside of the elite 11 qbs and on one of the days had a top 3 day of all the qbs. Everyone has noted how much he improved as a passer
Watch his highlight tape. Also the fact that in a terrible year for QBs he's not one of the 12 most accurate prospects is no bueno for him as a passer.

But what I like is that MJJ is a prospect with versatility. Either he will become way more accurate or he could be all All-ACC at DB or WR depending on his hands.

Watch his highlight tape. Also the fact that in a terrible year for QBs he's not one of the 12 most accurate prospects is no bueno for him as a passer.

But what I like is that MJJ is a prospect with versatility. Either he will become way more accurate or he could be all All-ACC at DB or WR depending on his hands.
That’s not true though. The elite 11 isn’t just about accuracy. Doesn’t mean that 11 guys are more accurate it just means that They performed better that camp. As for his film, like the guy just said, everyone has noticed that he’s improved a lot as a passing prospect.

Advertisement
Back