Canes still in strong position for 4-star QB Johnson Jr.

View as article
Nah. Like i said ot atleast inferred i agree with you. I feel banda & lil richt are on the staff for the sole purpose of recruiting opposed to the opposite for mike. I have my concerns coaching wise about both banda & lil richt. But with experience u just never know if the zebra can change his stripes.
I have very little confidence in Richt Jr....hopefully he'll change my mind..

Advertisement
I understand what you mean. Im questioning that for several reasons. #1 his initial offer with us and what i believe to be the proper one is as an athlete. In my eyes within 2 years hes either a wr IF he comes here or he probably transfers out. Other reasons are roco parrish for one came from the high with us recruiting him as a qb & he understood we may easily change his position. Did the same thing with ethnic. We all know the end result. Than you have 2 very similar kids who were developed more as qbs as well being ryan collins( who was all world as a qb at Hialeah if i remember right or was it hml? ) & kenny kelly... maybe some wouldnt agree with ryan (for some crazy reason) but anyone who disagrees with kenny doesnt remember his history.

That's news to me that we initially offered MJJ as an athlete. If that's the case, it bodes well for what they see him blossuming into as a QB. He's pretty high risk but high reward as a QB. We also, in my opinion, have the luxury of taking someone that may need some time to develop.

I didn't see Kelly in high school, but I always heard what a great athkete he was. Parrish wasn't ever going to be a QB here. The other two, nowhere near as athletic IMHO with the ball in their hands.

MJJ very well may change positions one day. He'll get his shot at QB, desrvedly so, and if not I suspect he'll transfer. None of this is what I was talking about, changing positions. The fact that they aren't going after another QB also says the coaches believe he'll be a QB here.

Nothing in particular....Just not sold....
I've wanted a real OC/QB coach since jump...
Understood. Many here have debated that sentiment - having an experienced OC/QB coach. "Grooming" going on? If that's the case, now may not be the most opportune time. As dee mentioned, Banda and Richt were probably brought in for recruiting purposes. I'd say there are many factors as to why we have the current make up in the staff.

Advertisement
I didn’t realize we had already fired Richt.

And there are always exceptions. There are many family businesses. He’ll either stand or fail on his own merits. To say you “never” do something is facile and simple minded.

Anyway, this was the deal when he was hired. Everybody knew it, we had the option to accept or decline - if you don’t like it, go be a fan of FIU, Junior ain’t going anywhere just yet.

No, jenius - the reason you don't hire family is that you really can't fire them very easily. Most family businesses - different members have ownership, and often require the kids to do some work to earn their own money.

Not a fan of FIU - fan of their coach, though. 'Cause he used to be our coach.

Let me get this straight - when I say Jeff got Bobby Bowden fired - the words are converted in your mind "we fired Mark Richt."

How do you function?

Do you have to consciously think, "scratch my head" when you're really trying to wipe your ***?

I understand what you mean. Im questioning that for several reasons. #1 his initial offer with us and what i believe to be the proper one is as an athlete. In my eyes within 2 years hes either a wr IF he comes here or he probably transfers out. Other reasons are roco parrish for one came from the high with us recruiting him as a qb & he understood we may easily change his position. Did the same thing with ethnic. We all know the end result. Than you have 2 very similar kids who were developed more as qbs as well being ryan collins( who was all world as a qb at Hialeah if i remember right or was it hml? ) & kenny kelly... maybe some wouldnt agree with ryan (for some crazy reason) but anyone who disagrees with kenny doesnt remember his history.
You gained my respect when you acknowledged “Roscoe came from The High” 👍🏼

Advertisement
That's news to me that we initially offered MJJ as an athlete. If that's the case, it bodes well for what they see him blossuming into as a QB. He's pretty high risk but high reward as a QB. We also, in my opinion, have the luxury of taking someone that may need some time to develop.

I didn't see Kelly in high school, but I always heard what a great athkete he was. Parrish wasn't ever going to be a QB here. The other two, nowhere near as athletic IMHO with the ball in their hands.

MJJ very well may change positions one day. He'll get his shot at QB, desrvedly so, and if not I suspect he'll transfer. None of this is what I was talking about, changing positions. The fact that they aren't going after another QB also says the coaches believe he'll be a QB here.
I strongly disagree with the statement that ryan collins was nowhere near the athlete mjj is. In my eyes he was a better athlete. If you ever saw him in high school u would remember how easy he made it. I honestly doubt mjj will ever be a qb here either. If he is well than great but i cant see him waiting 3 years atleast to play. I didnt mean ethnic was on that level. I was simply saying he had the same offer as roscoe. Well see initially how he may play out at qb but if its not a match from jump hed be playing wr. Exactly what happened.

Just saw a very brief recap interview with MJJ on his Penn State OV on TOS main site. The title was "top 247 QB Michael Johnson Jr. sees opportunity at Penn State." Not much info other than he had a great visit, etc. Only this quote worth noting:

"I think their quarterback situation stands out," Johnson said. "Their guy is a senior next season so that means there’s competition after that."

Advertisement
Miami feels good about MJJ, according to Ivins. It seems as if they feel that he’s just going through the process and taking his visits. He hasn’t stopped communicating with young Richt even though he’s taking these visits and he’s telling the staff all the right things.

Advertisement
247 actually shows that he has an OV to FSU on June 22nd.
He’s definitely looking around. I wouldn’t say anyone has done anything to surpass us at the moment but I also don’t think we are so far ahead. He’s playing out the process nicely and enjoying it. I think his dads experience is the reason why.

He's doing what richt tells all recruits enjoy the process go on all your visits commit when your ready.... I'm happy he's going all over the country.

I'm not worried because he's had constant contact with us during and after every trip.

We land him he can be the one recruit to tell others about other campuses there pros and cons and what made us stick out compared to everyone else.

Fromm is a G! People are foolish for writing him off.
Yea I’m confused af lol he’s only a freshman and played really well in understand fields is good lol but you can’t write off a qb that went to the national championship game granted the rbs carried the offense but idk you can’t write him off like that

Yea I’m confused af lol he’s only a freshman and played really well in understand fields is good lol but you can’t write off a qb that went to the national championship game granted the rbs carried the offense but idk you can’t write him off like that

Recruiting Rule #3: The guy who hasn't played yet is always better than the guy who has.

Advertisement
Back