Canes still in strong position for 4-star QB Johnson Jr.

View as article
Just wait till the lights come on.

Workout/camp warrior. When the bullets are live, he's nowhere near the same player that he shows in shorts and a tshirt. He's got NFL skills, but they don't translate to when everything is fast and he's getting hit.
Facts! Thats why we fell in love with him was his spring an summer shorts t shirts an 7 on 7s soon as thise pads gpt put on he lost his job first week lol

Advertisement
Regarding MJJ, I want this guy bad. We haven't ever had a guy as good as him with the ball in his hands and using his feet. Should his passing game catch up, he'll have the time to do so, he can become a very special QB for us down the road. The question is if he'll put in the work and have the patience to do develop as I don't see him getting out there early.
Whoa. Question 4 u. How old are u & how long u been a canes fan?

Sitkowski isn't nearly as bad as the hysterical mob on here thinks he is. He's generating real hype at Buttgers and I've seen workout clips of him training recently that are impressive even by NFL standards. He's had his share of adversity but QBs with his physical tools and work ethic aren't destined to be bums forever.

Still prefer Jarren Williams though.
Hes worse... kids amazing when he knows he can stand back and not worry about the other intangibles. When you add into the equation live action and having to properly read a defense hes done... this kid there was SOOOOOOO many times i just wanted to strangle at img last year. Realize here zach wasnt horrible by any means. But he DEFINITELY wasnt good either. Everything being on an even scale ****kowski never shouldve even been a starter last year at any point. He was always outplayed by zach & the team had better chemistry with him. But dont forget all zach is with the oppurtunities presented by 2 years at img and being evaluated by all those coaches could still only manage a walk on spot at Minnesota... thats who dominated artie last year in a head up comp.

Advertisement
Thats a problem.....see Jeff Bowden

Bad analogy.

Either way, it’s a package deal. That’s not changing. People can turn purple getting ****ed at the “nepotism” angle, but it is what it is. It was a condition of Richt coming here, and we all happily said yes. So far, Jon has been more than adequate, whether we land MJJ or not. Attacking Jon is the same as attacking the father, it’s a package deal. Get used to it. Or, if it’s that unacceptable, prepare yourself to ask for the firing of Richt.

Hes worse... kids amazing when he knows he can stand back and not worry about the other intangibles. When you add into the equation live action and having to properly read a defense hes done... this kid there was SOOOOOOO many times i just wanted to strangle at img last year. Realize here zach wasnt horrible by any means. But he DEFINITELY wasnt good either. Everything being on an even scale ****kowski never shouldve even been a starter last year at any point. He was always outplayed by zach & the team had better chemistry with him. But dont forget all zach is with the oppurtunities presented by 2 years at img and being evaluated by all those coaches could still only manage a walk on spot at Minnesota... thats who dominated artie last year in a head up comp.

I can't dispute anything you said but my point is QBs don't have a flat development track. Tom Savage was a blue-chipper who Miami recruited, he struggled early at Buttgers, transferred twice then impressed as a 5th year Senior at Pitt and settled in as an NFL backup due to similar limitations as Sitkowski. You can have mental processing issues and still succeed in college with simple 1-read/triangle read spread offenses and a lack of consistent pressure. I don't want a QB like that at Miami but that doesn't preclude them from having success elsewhere especially in a weaker conference.

Advertisement
I can't dispute anything you said but my point is QBs don't have a flat development track. Tom Savage was a blue-chipper who Miami recruited, he struggled early at Buttgers, transferred twice then impressed as a 5th year Senior at Pitt and settled in as an NFL backup due to similar limitations as Sitkowski. You can have mental processing issues and still succeed in college with simple 1-read/triangle read spread offenses and a lack of consistent pressure. I don't want a QB like that at Miami but that doesn't preclude them from having success elsewhere especially in a weaker conference.

The Big 10 is not a weaker conference

Bad analogy.

Either way, it’s a package deal. That’s not changing. People can turn purple getting ****ed at the “nepotism” angle, but it is what it is. It was a condition of Richt coming here, and we all happily said yes. So far, Jon has been more than adequate, whether we land MJJ or not. Attacking Jon is the same as attacking the father, it’s a package deal. Get used to it. Or, if it’s that unacceptable, prepare yourself to ask for the firing of Richt.
Unless he's a complete f*ck up, would you fire your son? Richt Jr is not by any means. Too early in the process to rate his body of work. "Nepotism" is a fact of life. Seen it many times. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't. Time will tell.

43 and 30 or so years.

I should clarify something. A QB with the ball in his hands. I'm by no means comparing him to a running back, wr, etc just as QB who runs the ball.
I understand what you mean. Im questioning that for several reasons. #1 his initial offer with us and what i believe to be the proper one is as an athlete. In my eyes within 2 years hes either a wr IF he comes here or he probably transfers out. Other reasons are roco parrish for one came from the high with us recruiting him as a qb & he understood we may easily change his position. Did the same thing with ethnic. We all know the end result. Than you have 2 very similar kids who were developed more as qbs as well being ryan collins( who was all world as a qb at Hialeah if i remember right or was it hml? ) & kenny kelly... maybe some wouldnt agree with ryan (for some crazy reason) but anyone who disagrees with kenny doesnt remember his history.

Advertisement
Hence "im decommiting from the university of miami. Id like to thank everyone involved but i will be switching my commitment to rutgers(because i realize ill suck *** and this is one of the 3 possible p5 schools i may suck *** just a lil less than the rest at." #respectmydecision

Unless he's a complete f*ck up, would you fire your son? Richt Jr is not by any means. Too early in the process to rate his body of work. "Nepotism" is a fact of life. Seen it many times. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't. Time will tell.
Is it too early for rumph and banda too then? Not saying ur one of those people. Just curious.

Bad analogy.

I think it's a good analogy.

Whether package deal or not.

Jeff Bowden got the legend Bobby Bowden fired!

You NEVER hire family. EVER.

Advertisement
Is it too early for rumph and banda too then? Not saying ur one of those people. Just curious.
I'll defer to you dee. You're obviously much closer to the situation than I'll ever be and I totally respect your opinion/judgement. My statement was not in defense of performance rather an outsiders view and opinion based on personal experiences with hiring family. Patience is not a virtue of mine. But based on our past on the field performance of the last 15 odd years pre-Richt, (and I've stated this several times in other threads) I'm willing to give this staff time to mend the fences on the recruiting trail that were obviously in much need of repair. You know as well, and probably better than most, it ain't gonna happen overnight. We're seeing incremental progress, and as long as that continues, my patience won't wear thin too quickly.

I think it's a good analogy.

Whether package deal or not.

Jeff Bowden got the legend Bobby Bowden fired!

You NEVER hire family. EVER.

I didn’t realize we had already fired Richt.

And there are always exceptions. There are many family businesses. He’ll either stand or fail on his own merits. To say you “never” do something is facile and simple minded.

Anyway, this was the deal when he was hired. Everybody knew it, we had the option to accept or decline - if you don’t like it, go be a fan of FIU, Junior ain’t going anywhere just yet.

Last edited:
I'll defer to you dee. You're obviously much closer to the situation than I'll ever be and I totally respect your opinion/judgement. My statement was not in defense of performance rather an outsiders view and opinion based on personal experiences with hiring family. Patience is not a virtue of mine. But based on our past on the field performance of the last 15 odd years pre-Richt, (and I've stated this several times in other threads) I'm willing to give this staff time to mend the fences on the recruiting trail that were obviously in much need of repair. You know as well, and probably better than most, it ain't gonna happen overnight. We're seeing incremental progress, and as long as that continues, my patience won't wear thin too quickly.
Nah. Like i said ot atleast inferred i agree with you. I feel banda & lil richt are on the staff for the sole purpose of recruiting opposed to the opposite for mike. I have my concerns coaching wise about both banda & lil richt. But with experience u just never know if the zebra can change his stripes.

Advertisement
Back