Canes Sports All I Have Left

You said Lebron would win 7 in LA. I pointed out that Lebron used that hypothetical too. You’re complicating this. He didn’t win seven. He probably wouldn’t have on the Lakers either

Lebron predicting he will win 7 is completely different then looking at the facts and theorizing that he would win 7 on the Lakers. There are tons of factors that went into him not winning 7 on the heat. If everybody else played the same and you dropped Lebron onto the Lakers they would have won 7. If you can't figure that out the difference then I can't help you.

Advertisement
Once again, I have never mentioned Kobe.

Maybe you should reread the comment you responded to. I brought up the fact that if you switched Lebron and Kobe he would have won 7. You responded to the discussion. You then brought up some random quote that doesn't pertain to the discussion. The entire debate is about Kobe and Lebron if you want to discuss if Lebron should have predicted his championship wins or not then you can start that discussion in a different thread.

Lebron predicting he will win 7 is completely different then looking at the facts and theorizing that he would win 7 on the Lakers. There are tons of factors that went into him not winning 7 on the heat. If everybody else played the same and you dropped Lebron onto the Lakers they would have won 7. If you can't figure that out the difference then I can't help you.

I can figure out that you can say he’d win seven championships all you want because there’s no way to prove that one way or the other. He said that very thing and history was not kind to him.

@MissileCane... what is there to dislike sport... it's another one of my tongue in cheek comments. For God's sake!

Last edited:
I can figure out that you can say he’d win seven championships all you want because there’s no way to prove that one way or the other. He said that very thing and history was not kind to him.

He did not say that very thing. Let me see if I can break it down even further for a simpleton like you. When you are predicting the future millions of things can factor into the outcomes of games. When something has already happened and you are just adjusting for a single factor(Lebron for Kobe) it is a much easier thing to predict. Yes there is no way to 100% prove it, but it is MUCH easier to predict then predicting the next 10 years of Lebrons career. It also is pretty obvious that having a player who is a better passer, scorer, defensive player, with better cardio placed on a team that the team would do better. Since that may take to much thinking let me try to give you another example. Lets say you dropped Derek Fisher and added in a prime Michael Jordan on the Lakers. Obviously you can't prove that they would be a more successful team, but anyone with half a brain would know that they would be more succesful.

Advertisement
He did not say that very thing. Let me see if I can break it down even further for a simpleton like you. When you are predicting the future millions of things can factor into the outcomes of games. When something has already happened and you are just adjusting for a single factor(Lebron for Kobe) it is a much easier thing to predict. Yes there is no way to 100% prove it, but it is MUCH easier to predict then predicting the next 10 years of Lebrons career. It also is pretty obvious that having a player who is a better passer, scorer, defensive player, with better cardio placed on a team that the team would do better. Since that may take to much thinking let me try to give you another example. Lets say you dropped Derek Fisher and added in a prime Michael Jordan on the Lakers. Obviously you can't prove that they would be a more successful team, but anyone with half a brain would know that they would be more succesful.

I don’t think Kobe is better than Lebron but you’re still making big assumptions. You said Lebron is a better scorer even though Kobe has more scoring titles, more scoring records, and for the majority of his career a better average (he fell off at the end). But that ones close, I’ll give you that. Lebron is more efficient because he plays close to the basket but Kobe was a much better shooter.

You also said Lebron is a better defender but Kobe has the 2nd most All NBA defensive team awards of any player while Lebron is 24th on that list.

All said and done, I have MJ first, Lebron second, Kobe third.

That is 100% BS. Lebron is a much better facilitator then Kobe. Those Lakers teams where superior. Also, the Lakers biggest challenge was getting past the Kings. The kings had no all stars besides C-Web(who we all know has trouble in big games). Not to mention the fact that the refs gifted Kobe a ring in 02. Lebron had to go against the super team GSW, the Mavs, etc.

what the **** is with you l39bron stains and kobe? You people are obsessed with l39bron being superior to him

who cares about the lakers??? Your boy put a super star team together and then laid an egg with it, stop deflecting to kobe NO ONE CARES ABOUT KOBE

Also a big LOL to what you said about that kings team, one of the finest TEAMS in basketball history. Their ball movement and cohesiveness was off the charts, one of the most fun teams to ever watch

ALSO webber AND peja were all stars and mike bibby should have been as well. Despite being wrong on every single account thus far, you're ALSO wrong about the kings being the biggest challenge as it was the san antonio spurs.

I don’t think Kobe is better than Lebron but you’re still making big assumptions. You said Lebron is a better scorer even though Kobe has more scoring titles, more scoring records, and for the majority of his career a better average (he fell off at the end). But that ones close, I’ll give you that. Lebron is more efficient because he plays close to the basket but Kobe was a much better shooter.

You also said Lebron is a better defender but Kobe has the 2nd most All NBA defensive team awards of any player while Lebron is 24th on that list.

All said and done, I have MJ first, Lebron second, Kobe third.

Its a lot easier to score points when you have Shaq pulling down your rebounds and when you have multiple threats on offense to spread the defense. Kobe is obviously the better shooter, but that is only a portion of the scoring part. Lebron also has the better 3 point and FG percentage. Kobe just fired up a lot more shots and new his teamates would grab the rebound. As far as defense goes the defensive team award is all politics. If I was a player I would much rather Kobe be guarding me then Lebron. Also, Kobe had the benefit of having Shaq shut down the paint. With that said Lebron still has higher steals per game and blocks per game.

what the **** is with you l39bron stains and kobe? You people are obsessed with l39bron being superior to him

who cares about the lakers??? Your boy put a super star team together and then laid an egg with it, stop deflecting to kobe NO ONE CARES ABOUT KOBE

Also a big LOL to what you said about that kings team, one of the finest TEAMS in basketball history. Their ball movement and cohesiveness was off the charts, one of the most fun teams to ever watch

ALSO webber AND peja were all stars and mike bibby should have been as well. Despite being wrong on every single account thus far, you're ALSO wrong about the kings being the biggest challenge as it was the san antonio spurs.

I was responding to a post about Kobe vs Lebron I didn't bring it up. The Kings team is not one of the finest teams in history. It was Vlade Divac who was a scrub, Doug Christie=scrub, C webb great, but fell apart in big games, Bibby=solid player, Peja=just a great 3 ball, Bobby Jackson=solid 6th man. Nothing compared to what Lebron had to deal with. Depending on the year the kings where better then the spurs.

Advertisement
Its a lot easier to score points when you have Shaq pulling down your rebounds and when you have multiple threats on offense to spread the defense. Kobe is obviously the better shooter, but that is only a portion of the scoring part. Lebron also has the better 3 point and FG percentage. Kobe just fired up a lot more shots and new his teamates would grab the rebound. As far as defense goes the defensive team award is all politics. If I was a player I would much rather Kobe be guarding me then Lebron. Also, Kobe had the benefit of having Shaq shut down the paint. With that said Lebron still has higher steals per game and blocks per game.

Lebron played horrible defense all season. But you acknowledge that Kobe had Shaq for a few years but don’t bring up that Lebron had Wade, Kyrie, Bosh, Love, and Ray Allen.

Btw, this conversation makes me realize I need Canes football back lol

Don’t pay much attention to pro sports anymore. If one of the local teams catches fire in the playoffs (like the Iglesias last year) I’ll watch. I will say that’s I’ve been watching the World Cup. There have been some great matchups and high drama in that tournament so far.

Lebron played horrible defense all season. But you acknowledge that Kobe had Shaq for a few years but don’t bring up that Lebron had Wade, Kyrie, Bosh, Love, and Ray Allen.

Btw, this conversation makes me realize I need Canes football back lol

Kobe played worse defense every season. By a few years you mean 9. And 3 of his 5 Championships where with Shaq. None of those other players can even compare to Shaq. Plus Kobe had other players on his team that are on par with an old Wade, Love, old Ray, and Kyrie.

I feel your pain, only the Dolphins did it to me. I really shouldn't hold it against them, but rather the worst front office in professional sports history. They had freakin' Danny Boy and could only get him to one freakin' SB - that's horse crap. I watched him break 5-NFL records one MOnday night against the Cowboys in the Orange Bowl, they lost because their defense was suspect as ****.

I was a Dolphin fan since the 60s when Jim Kiick came to speak to our undefeated Punta Gorda Junior High Football team two seasons after the franchise opened. Rode the Fin's undefeated streak proudly while out playing NAIA football with obnoxious Texas, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Ohio State and Oklahoma fans, because there was hardly a college team in the SE US doing squat.

Cursed my three sons into being loyal Dolphin fans before they could choose - its heart wrenching to watch them suffer through season after season.

But I loved the Canes since George Mira and hung with them through this past drought. Just couldn't do the NFL anymore.

The Bears Organization would like to have a word w u.

Advertisement
Kobe played worse defense every season. By a few years you mean 9. And 3 of his 5 Championships where with Shaq. None of those other players can even compare to Shaq. Plus Kobe had other players on his team that are on par with an old Wade, Love, old Ray, and Kyrie.

in 2014 an 2015 Wade was averaging 28 points (what an old guy) so your telling me that besides Shaq, Kobe had other teammates on par with that? On par with Kyrie who shot 27 points a game and was so clutch in the finals?

Its because you don't want him to get more rings then Kobe. That is the last leg you have to stand on. If Lebron gets more rings the Kobe you will have absolutely no ability to claim Kobe is better then Bron. Kobe fans are the only ones that care about rings. You never here Sam Jones fans making the argument 10 rings > 5rings.
I have never made the rings argument. lol

in 2014 an 2015 Wade was averaging 28 points (what an old guy) so your telling me that besides Shaq, Kobe had other teammates on par with that? On par with Kyrie who shot 27 points a game and was so clutch in the finals?

Pro sports a money pit of waste , but I love your post photo LMAO when I saw him play guitar middle of the field like still funny a heck.

GOCANES

Advertisement

Kyrie aka the guy who doesn't play any defense. He is a great scorer, but a liability on defense. Wade averaged 20 ppg in 2014 and 2015. Official NBA bio of Dwyane Wade | NBA.com

Advertisement
Back