Canes should not lose more than 2 regular season games

Advertisement
With the schedule we have baga should be our only loss. A loss to anyone else on our schedule when we looking to have a breakthrough season and recruiting impact would be bad for business. No two ways about it. We beat down FSU last year and must show we are superior to them this year.

Without reading 7 pages, if we lose to FSU Manny needs to be fired on the spot. FSU is bad. FSU is really, really bad. There is no way in **** we are winning 10 if we lose to FSU.

Losing to UNC again is also a good reason to move on from the Manny Diaz experiment. If you can't beat UNC in three tries, you don't deserve to be the head coach at the University of Miami.

While 10-2 sounds good, I don't think it will happen. Alabama is about as sure of an L as we will ever get. I don't think Manny has it in him to go on a 10-1 run afterwards, even if we played App State 11 times.

Here's how I see the season playing out. Well, one way. We hang close to Alabama, but lose. We are all thrilled to be getting closer to the big boys, for a couple weeks. Then we lose a game like Michigan State. The wheels fall off when we have a critical injury. Complete meltdown ensues. Locker room gets divided between older and younger players. All **** breaks loose when Blake James decides to extend Manny to show the players he believes in him, and so should they. 15-0 becomes a distant memory, or the battle cry of 2033.

Orrrr.... we go 15-0, and start talking about our likely 13-peat in 2033.

Funny how things GO . Brown comes back to north Carolina within 2 yrs and seems the second coming to Christ. NC is just APP STATE to me. I just can't stand brownie. He's an idiot.

Advertisement
Thankfully Cleats doesn’t have to line up against FIU or some **** LA directional school.

No way Cleats is ever winning the crappy Coastal- Miami has zero shot with him at the helm.

Sure, I'll throw in $100 and a lifetime supply of refills at 7-11 (Large Slurpees only) if they fire Blake tomorrow, think that works?

Never mind all the tickets and merchandise I have bought over the years and the banner money I gave...........that $100 cash should seal the deal

In fairness, this is partially my point. The University of Miami operates just like any other private institution. If you have the money, you make the rules.

You're standing across the street complaining about the color of the building.

At best, I bought a week pass to use the pool.

The money is also an issue to the extent that it's still limited vs. the vast majority of the competition, and the University of Miami will always be a university first. When you talk about "the administration" not doing a good enough job, all you're really saying is that they're not spending enough money on football. Which means, they're spending too much money on academics and the student experience. For people, like me, who spent a small fortune on a degree, I'm just fine with what we spend on academics and the quality of my degree.

I will wager $1,000 to $10 that we don't lose two 3 OT games next season

If you don't like that I will give $5,000 to $50 that we do not beat Bama and convincingly beat Clemson

If you don't like that I will give you $500,000 dollars to $5 that we do not lose two 3 OT games, lose to FSU and UNC and beat Clemson (convincingly of course) and Bama

Who wants some action???

How about... hold on.... how... how about.... stay with me here..... how.... urgh....you.... how about you.....

It's just an idea.... I know, it's weird. Could you, maybe.....

Just give $5,000 to the University of Miami football program, that you love so, SO much?

It just might be more valuable than your opinion on a message board.

Advertisement
[/QUOTE]
How about... hold on.... how... how about.... stay with me here..... how.... urgh....you.... how about you.....

It's just an idea.... I know, it's weird. Could you, maybe.....

Just give $5,000 to the University of Miami football program, that you love so, SO much?

It just might be more valuable than your opinion on a message board.
I assure I have given 5k in tickets and merchandise in my life my man. Why would I give 5K to a school that exists in the hot bed of HS football and baseball and is faltering in both in a bad way? Now if I was T Boone Pickens I would load em up, and likely still be disappointed.

Out of curiosity, what do you give?

Last edited:
Advertisement
There is one game on our schedule that we will probably lose.

However, the rest is absolutely manageable for this team. I still doubt that UNC starts to fire on all cylinders after the amount of departures they had. Replacing Newsome and Brown is not easy at all, so it will be seen whether Howell can actually deliver as he has done in the past.

The worst game we prob have is App State. They are not easy to play against, very uncomfortable team. Just like the UAB game last season, you might underestimate them and by the time you realized what is going on, you find yourself chasing a deficit.

Ban yourself, start a trend
This seems like a perfect teaching moment. A retired Mod can ask for and get reinstatement to full Mod status at anytime.

Hypothetically, they could then come back on the board, ban a poRster or a poster who’s acting out, and then retire again. 💁🏻‍♂️

2146E778-24DB-4B83-90EB-C01DDD4B8E91.gif

Amazing how much difference in meaning that 1 letter (“o”) can make…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back