Canes should not lose more than 2 regular season games

Advertisement
10 plus wins and we can't have games or quarters/halves where we looked like we've never played football before. That's one of my biggest gripes with Manny is that in multiple big games we've come out flat or not prepared.

It's completely fairly the biggest indictment on Manny. I attribute it to being a new HC. If he doesn't figure that out soon, he won't last much longer, despite many other things going well overall.

I honestly think we see a lot less of it this season. Year 2 in Lashlee/King offense, Diaz back to coaching the D (which by and large looked prepared under him to my recollection -- Baker was an issue) and a very mature team in year three under Diaz as HC.

So will I. But beating UNC is unfinished business. I need closure.

I mean, it's not like there's any deep-seeded trauma there.

Family Guy Reaction GIF

It's completely fairly the biggest indictment on Manny. I attribute it to being a new HC. If he doesn't figure that out soon, he won't last much longer, despite many other things going well overall.

I honestly think we see a lot less of it this season. Year 2 in Lashlee/King offense, Diaz back to coaching the D (which by and large looked prepared under him to my recollection -- Baker was an issue) and a very mature team in year three under Diaz as HC.
good post, it's time to see major changes or it is time to move on.

Advertisement
It is possible though very very very unlikely. Same scenario where a two loss LSU team won the national championship in 2008. LSU lost to #17 Kentucky and unranked Arkansas in triple OT, then won the SEC championship game and got a spot in the natty. Certainly possible for UNC to be ranked around #17 and FSU to be unranked. Miami still wins the coastal, then beats #1 Clemson in the acc championship game. We would have a strong shot at getting a playoff berth there (dominant win over #1 to start season, two triple OT losses, then another win over #1 in acc championship game). Maybe a better shot than even LSU in 2007 at a playoff spot since there are 4 spots now instead of two.

My man, that was pre-CFP. W/ this 4 team format, and us being ranked outside the top 5, that ain’t happening pimp juice. That LSU team was ranked #2 to start the season.

IIRC correctly the 2008 LSU team was 8-5 anyhow. Now the 2007 team lost 2 games in 3 OTs and also played 9 ranked teams to bolster them into the game.

Advertisement
Really? I would be cool with it but you think Blake has that in him? I can hear him "well he did win the coastal and it has only been done once before....."
Blake isn't God and he still has a board to answer to. And with the landscape changing in terms of likeness rights and stuff, it's not as tough a landscape to attract big time coaches. It's not always the number of losses but the timing and kind of losses that matter. In your scenario it's a similar collapse as last year and I just don't think he survives that. Unless say we play Clemson very tough and then are very competitive and come up just short in the bowl game against a quality opponent. Maybe there's some grace there.

Blake isn't God and he still has a board to answer to.

When it comes to the HC at Miami, the Board tells Blake (or any other AD) what to do.

It's not like a big state school where the AD has relative autonomy (accompanied by an enormous athletic budget).

Advertisement
When it comes to the HC at Miami, the Board tells Blake (or any other AD) what to do.

It's not like a big state school where the AD has relative autonomy (accompanied by an enormous athletic budget).
Well the board has been letting him FLUCK UP the 3 major sports programs here for a while then

the entire premise that we could lose to FSU/UNC and beat Clemson and Bama in the 2021-22 football season actually makes me giggle every time I read it:

"IT CULD TEKNIKALLY B PORSIBBLLE GUYSMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

FSU is maybe a four-win team. Them beating anyone that beats a top-20 program would be absolutely ridiculous.

Advertisement
Don't get me started man. If you want to make change, write a check. End of story.

I'll remind you, there's a University at the Miami Hurricanes Football Program.
Sure, I'll throw in $100 and a lifetime supply of refills at 7-11 (Large Slurpees only) if they fire Blake tomorrow, think that works?

Never mind all the tickets and merchandise I have bought over the years and the banner money I gave...........that $100 cash should seal the deal

It is possible though very very very unlikely. Same scenario where a two loss LSU team won the national championship in 2008. LSU lost to #17 Kentucky and unranked Arkansas in triple OT, then won the SEC championship game and got a spot in the natty. Certainly possible for UNC to be ranked around #17 and FSU to be unranked. Miami still wins the coastal, then beats #1 Clemson in the acc championship game. We would have a strong shot at getting a playoff berth there (dominant win over #1 to start season, two triple OT losses, then another win over #1 in acc championship game). Maybe a better shot than even LSU in 2007 at a playoff spot since there are 4 spots now instead of two.
this Scenario is so remote, it’s nOt even worth mentioning.

Advertisement
Back