Canes should not lose more than 2 regular season games

Manny gets run out of town in that scenario
Really? I would be cool with it but you think Blake has that in him? I can hear him "well he did win the coastal and it has only been done once before....."

Advertisement
Can someone map this up against how many losses we should have had in the last 6 seasons vs how many we actually had?
That would be a very, very UGLY #. But this is a NEW YEAR MANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What you got for our record?

I know it'll be a loss but I'm pretty **** excited to play Bama this year. I think it'll be good for the team to go through that. I was looking at the future schedule over the next decade and it looks fantastic. Throw in Clemson every few years and you got yourself an excellent schedule.

21 - Bama (neutral)
22 - @ Texas A&M
23 - Texas A&M
24 - @ Florida and @ Notre Dame
25 - Florida and Notre Dame
26 - @ South Carolina
27 - South Carolina
28 - Notre Dame
29 - Auburn
30 - Auburn
31 - Notre Dame

Would we all be OK with 2 regular season losses, a possible ACCCG loss and a possible bowl loss?

So 4 total losses possibly, it that a failure?
CIS will go full on burning monk👇

l0HlD4BvoauSpXadW.gif

9-3 regular season. UNC goes to Charlotte.

we play in Orlando again and win bowl game 10-3...., think it will be against UF

I view that as a MASSIVE SUCCESS

Advertisement
Ideal Season: 15 & 0 Natty Champs, every recruit in the nation wants in, the U is back

Realistic Season that I'd be happy/OK with: 10-2 regular season, good showing against Bama, Possible close loss against UNC. Lose in the ACCCG in a good game and win a bowl game

Failure Season: 3-4 regular season losses, get blown out by any or all of Bama, UNC, ACCCG opponent, and a loss in the bowl game

I know it'll be a loss but I'm pretty **** excited to play Bama this year. I think it'll be good for the team to go through that. I was looking at the future schedule over the next decade and it looks fantastic. Throw in Clemson every few years and you got yourself an excellent schedule.

21 - Bama (neutral)
22 - @ Texas A&M
23 - Texas A&M
24 - @ Florida and @ Notre Dame
25 - Florida and Notre Dame
26 - @ South Carolina
27 - South Carolina
28 - Notre Dame
29 - Auburn
30 - Auburn
31 - Notre Dame

Yea, but you have guys here that if for whatever reason any of those teams start to falter then when that season comes up they'll complain that we scheduled the weakest team from that conference. Like we literally just scheduled them the day before the game.
USCe for instance is a ****show right now, but were playing decent when scheduled. Someone here will complain if they are still the same ****show.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No loss to FSU or UNC is acceptable.

Agreed. If UNC beats us by 1 or 100 after the chit that did to us last season, I’m going to be infuriated. No way FSU is on our level, period. For goodness sake, their starting RB is like 5’1, and their starting OG has no neck & half a head (per his last photo). I want absolute blue blood on the field playing UNC. I care more bout that game than Bama, honestly.

Yea, but you have guys here that if for whatever reason any of those teams start to falter then when that season comes up they'll complain that we scheduled the weakest team from that conference. Like we literally just scheduled them the day before the game.
USEe for instance is a ****show right now, but were playing decent when scheduled. Someone here will complain if they are still the same ****show.
Who is USEe?

South Carolina?

Advertisement
Advertisement
9-3 regular season. UNC goes to Charlotte.

we play in Orlando again and win bowl game 10-3...., think it will be against UF

I view that as a MASSIVE SUCCESS
Finishing with 10 wins and/or winning a bowl have become such a rarity that accomplishing either indeed would be considered a MASSIVE SUCCESS. We just want to feel good as fans, and we'll take what little we can get at this point. That said, if we do not win the division, win 10 games, or win a bowl game there should be **** to pay with such a veteran roster.

I just don’t think we’re quite there along the LOS yet. Unless the the oline is markedly more improved we are still gonna have multiple dog fights. And when u get in dog fight a bounce here or there U can go home with a L

I don't disagree with you. But if you don't think we're quite there, I think you're talking about the expectation, not the ceiling.

Bear in many our wins last year were dogfights, except OSU, and we win that game if either 1) King doesn't get hurt or 2) the tipped ball for an INT is called an INT like it should have been). We only lost one one-possession game.

My major optimism from last year lies in the fact that we did by and large manage to get the wins we should have had, even when it got ugly. Even the bowl game was probably the first time we've seen the team really fight and make it competitive after being down that much early.

Advertisement
Back