Canes should not lose more than 2 regular season games

It is possible though very very very unlikely. Same scenario where a two loss LSU team won the national championship in 2008. LSU lost to #17 Kentucky and unranked Arkansas in triple OT, then won the SEC championship game and got a spot in the natty. Certainly possible for UNC to be ranked around #17 and FSU to be unranked. Miami still wins the coastal, then beats #1 Clemson in the acc championship game. We would have a strong shot at getting a playoff berth there (dominant win over #1 to start season, two triple OT losses, then another win over #1 in acc championship game). Maybe a better shot than even LSU in 2007 at a playoff spot since there are 4 spots now instead of two.
Negative, NO CHANCE if we lost to UNC/FSU next season. Not even really worth the discussion. There is NO WAY we could lose to those 2 and beat Bama/Clemson either, you will give birth to octuplets on the surface of Uranus before that scenario would happen......

Advertisement
I guess I could just copy paste my earlier post again. It is possible for a two loss Miami team to make the playoffs. The key phrase is "possible but unlikely".
Well the likelyhood of the SEC, PAC 12, big 10 or big 12 championship game featuring 2 two loss teams to make that a possibility for a 2 loss ACC champ is slim..I just don’t see that happening

Well the likelyhood of the SEC, PAC 12, big 10 or big 12 championship game featuring 2 two loss teams to make that a possibility for a 2 loss ACC champ is slim..I just don’t see that happening
Don't worry, it will not happen.

Like I said earlier, the possibility they make it with losses to UNC/FSU is about .005%, BUT the possibility they could lose to a putrid FSU team while in the same season beating Bama AND Clemson is about .00000000000000000000000000000001%.

Advertisement
I'm expecting a 10-2 regular season. Losses to Bama and possibly UNC. If we lose one conference game we should still make it to the ACC championship game against Clemson and obviously that will be a tough game. 11-3 with a bowl W is my guess.

Advertisement
I'm expecting a 10-2 regular season. Losses to Bama and possibly UNC. If we lose one conference game we should still make it to the ACC championship game against Clemson and obviously that will be a tough game. 11-3 with a bowl W is my guess.
That was almost the scenario I put in the OP and then I remembered we suck in Bowl games, lol

About the same as your " it could happen guys" porst, but yours was even worse and less likely.....

Jesus Christ. I can't tell if you just have a reading comprehension issue or if you are just trying to be edgy and argumentative because that's your schtick. The question is whether it is technically possible for a two loss Miami team to win a NC with a loss to a UNC and FSU. Yes it is technically possible though the chance is extremely small. LSU managed a similar feat in 2007, and that was with 4 close wins, a loss to the #17 team and losing to an unranked team (both conference games) , and before the playoffs. (only two teams had a shot at for the title, now four teams have a shot). I didn't say it was our best chance or that we shouldn't lose hope if we lose both those games. Lots of other teams would have to lose but a similar scenario played out more recently than Miami won its last national championship. A two loss national champ has happened twice since 1960. f that unlikely scenario did occur and Miami won its sixth NC despite losses to UNC and FSU, then I don't think most of us would call the season a failure. You apparently would.

Last edited:
9B6AF60F-A334-4ABA-A95E-A7931D2A81E9.gif

Jesus Christ. I can't tell if you just have a reading comprehension issue or if you are just trying to be edgy and argumentative because that's your schtick. The question is whether it is technically possible for a two loss Miami team to win a NC with a loss to a UNC and FSU. Yes it is technically possible though the chance is extremely small. LSU managed a similar feat in 2007, and that was with 4 close wins, a loss to the #17 team and losing to an unranked team, and before the playoffs. (only two teams had a shot at for the title). I didn't say it was our best chance or that we shouldn't lose hope if we lose both those games. Lots of other teams would have to lose but a similar scenario played out more recently than Miami won its last national championship.
2007 was probably the craziest cfb szn EVER. There was no playoff committee also. 07 was a anomaly. That LSU team played 7 ranked teams alone in the regular szn alone. That’s not a luxury we have.

Advertisement
We do this 500x every off-season. Not every record is the same. If we go 10-2 but lose by 50 to Bama and UNC, I'm not overly thrilled. If we go 10-2 but lose by 3 to Bama, beat FSU by 30+, beat UNC by 14 but lose to VT in a game we have 6 turnovers, I'd probably feel a little better.

But every season needs to be examined.

If you want to talk absolute numbers, Vegas has RSW totals at 9.5. So losing 3 or more is underperforming, it's unacceptable. Winning 10 or more is overachieving, that's most likely a good year.

At the end of the regular season, we need to have double-digit wins. That's pretty much the end of it. 9-3 is not good enough.

Advertisement
Jesus Christ. I can't tell if you just have a reading comprehension issue or if you are just trying to be edgy and argumentative because that's your schtick. The question is whether it is technically possible for a two loss Miami team to win a NC with a loss to a UNC and FSU. Yes it is technically possible though the chance is extremely small. LSU managed a similar feat in 2007, and that was with 4 close wins, a loss to the #17 team and losing to an unranked team (both conference games) , and before the playoffs. (only two teams had a shot at for the title, now four teams have a shot). I didn't say it was our best chance or that we shouldn't lose hope if we lose both those games. Lots of other teams would have to lose but a similar scenario played out more recently than Miami won its last national championship. A two loss national champ has happened twice since 1960. f that unlikely scenario did occur and Miami won its sixth NC despite losses to UNC and FSU, then I don't think most of us would call the season a failure. You apparently would.
Relaxxxx BUMMER you my dude still..... I just hate "yeah but what if this, this and this happens then what guysms????" poRsts.

That scenario is never happening, I don't give a flying fluck if LSU lost every regular season game in 17, and then won the NFC East and the Super Bowl. IT IS NOT HAPPENING. PERIOD.

Now let's let it go my friend and move on to your game by game predictions for our season. GO!!!!!!!! I will go next, how's that?

Can someone map this up against how many losses we should have had in the last 6 seasons vs how many we actually had?

Advertisement
Back