Canes set to hire Arteaga as head coach

View as article
Miami had money, and they will spend well on the staff of assistants, I'm told.

And JD was a very serious candidate from day one.

I was told they had a very ambitious candidate as their top choice, but it was unrealistic. But JD was certainly a top choice in their eyes.

Advertisement

I was told they had a very ambitious candidate as their top choice, but it was unrealistic. But JD was certainly a top choice in their eyes.
I can believe that is what you were told.

I also believe that if it’s the truth then this program is somehow more dead than the football program was under Diaz.

Miami simultaneously doesn’t have enough money to hire like the SEC, but has enough money to spend well on assistants. They can’t have it both ways.

There are 3 options

1. JD is gonna be paid less than his assistants (highly unlikely). Bc they are gonna have to be better coaches than him or this team will suck.

2. JD hires cheap assistants, who make less than him and the coaching staff and team really really suck

3. JD is WAY overpaid and even with top notch assistants, the large investment was very misguided and won’t be worth the mediocre results it’ll get

The money must be because the bank rolls dictated that it would only be released if their drinking buddy got the job

Clown show of a program top to bottom

Advertisement
I can believe that is what you were told.

I also believe that if it’s the truth then this program is somehow more dead than the football program was under Diaz.

Miami simultaneously doesn’t have enough money to hire like the SEC, but has enough money to spend well on assistants. They can’t have it both ways.

The coaching situation in College baseball is interesting. Its not like any other revenue sport where you have massive pay disparities (like cfb where a coach like Saban makes 13 million and a coach at another P5 makes 4 million). The #1 highest paid coach makes about 2.5 million, #10 makes 1.2 million, a ton of schools are in that 500k- 1 mil bracket. There is less than a couple million between a coach at low tier P5 and the very highest paid coach. To me it means you can buy a top tier coach for a relatively low amount of money and turn a program around almost instantly. Rad absolutely blew this hire and we're screwed until Rad retires (he's never going to fire Arteaga).

Advertisement
I have to post again…sorry. When you read that doesn’t it blow your mind!?!?!? NIL aside the other things he mentioned he has been around for 20 years. Anything that is wrong he is likely directly responsible for.

I mean I wouldn’t let him talk for months. Anything he says is going to look bad.

Next will be “Recruiting we have to attack Sfla and keep players home” - the guy who helped recruit the last 20 years

Or “we have to develop these guys”

Advertisement

If they will spend well on staff they should have started with Manager

If that’s the story, then Radakovich has his head up his ***.

I have to post again…sorry. When you read that doesn’t it blow your mind!?!?!? NIL aside the other things he mentioned he has been around for 20 years. Anything that is wrong he is likely directly responsible for.

I mean I wouldn’t let him talk for months. Anything he says is going to look bad.

Next will be “Recruiting we have to attack Sfla and keep players home” - the guy who helped recruit the last 20 years

Or “we have to develop these guys”
IMG_3539.gif

Advertisement

so you’re told. Do you believe it? Or just relaying the propaganda?

Then the people making the decision are the wrong people.

If this was Rad actually deciding this was the direction to go, he is incompetent.

Miami made all these waves to go get this guy and pay top dollar and the results since he’s been here have only been better in basketball.

Should’ve waited a few more days. UF fans are gonna be calling for Sully’s head. And for once it’s not his fault. His 3 first round picks just **** the bed. Maybe a lucrative offer could’ve swayed him.

Advertisement
Back